Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Garrosh being too angry to repent thus temporarily solving the local anima drought is probably the best thing they could've done with him.
    Yeah I'm surprised they went this route. It's a nod that I don't think his detractors or fans take much issue with and keeps him out of the spotlight of writers who really can't handle a character like him. I'm split between thinking he won't come up again, that he'll be a one-off in a Denathrius boss fight or that he'll be patch content - it's what happened with him and Garrosh that had Green Jesus be depowered and I could see the writers wanting to go back to that well.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    But we don't really know that, it's never ever been stated anywhere that this is what happens. He exploded his body with Fel magic, but that doesn't really affect the soul, or at least we have not heard about it if it does. The only person we've ever heard about being blasted to pieces with his soul actually getting eradicated from existence was Rhonin and that was the Mana Bomb (with the focusing iris). And that was also just an in person-experience by Jaina, not something that was stated as actual canon.
    Fel doesn't need the soul to be fueled, at least according to chronicle. It needs life energy and it gets that by killing the person, slowly or quickly, doesn't matter. The soul may be in distress after that (as we saw in the souls on the Broken Shore), but it is still intact, because it isn't needed for the Fel.
    it is implied of how he was destroeyed, gul'dan basially destoyed his soul to produce mor fel magic. cause the soul destruction produce fel magic.

at least is how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah I'm surprised they went this route. It's a nod that I don't think his detractors or fans take much issue with and keeps him out of the spotlight of writers who really can't handle a character like him. I'm split between thinking he won't come up again, that he'll be a one-off in a Denathrius boss fight or that he'll be patch content - it's what happened with him and Garrosh that had Green Jesus be depowered and I could see the writers wanting to go back to that well.
    I'm currently of thinking he'll be a one off in Denathrius boss fight.

I mean I just don't see a place for a character like Garrosh to fit in in the current story direction without completely changing who he was.

Admittedly, tiny piece of hope still lingers on.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2020-09-19 at 11:10 AM.

I mean I just don't see a place for a character like Garrosh to fit in in the current story direction without completely changing who he was.

I also think there's no way for him to match the direction, I just also think that could be said about a lot of others and they were made to fit into the current model. I'm hoping he sidesteps this by not being a major presence but I don't doubt that they could use him to interact with some characters.

Really, everyone in the Shadowlands faction cast has a tie to Garrosh - Baine, Jaina, Anduin, Thrall, even Tyrande. There's a lot of material possible there, I just don't trust it to be done either well or at all.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Hopefully in thralls arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don't know why i'm even humoring this as you don't seem to even know the basic of the lore but hey here's one last shot.

The orc's did not have any one else that could supply them with what they needed in the time they needed it.

the forces that theramore staged were working on plans to attack org and were sieging the gate to mulgore.

garrosh didn't start the war and the other horde leaders turned on him before he had done any thing to warrant it.

Yes vaRian attacked every time he started the bloody war with the goal of wiping out the orcs, he didn't work with them at all.
    Basics of lore? i play the game, use both wow wiki and wow pedia....soo...??

Did they try? and there where lands other then ashenvale that had tree's and the land to grow stuff.
    Zones like: mulgore, un goro, stonescale, feralas, desolace and azshara.

Plans to attack...did not attack. And by this time Garrosh showed to be very hostile.

as for the gate: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Great_Gate it happend BEFORE cata.

He did start the war. If its a cold war status or even talks about peace. Then garrosh attacks. Its a restart of the war, starting of the war in full swing. Because they war was minor fights so far. Garrosh attacking a city with civilians in it was enough for 1 leader.

as for vol'jin:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vol%27jin#Cataclysm

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vol%27jin#Landfall

read that...mr who thinks i do not know lore.

as for varian:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_peace_summit < wanted peace

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_to_Cataclysm <
    Horde agreed to a peace treaty after the Lich King war, the brutality of the attack left everyone on edge and was considered in violation of their peace treaty agreemen
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...:_Tides_of_War

So varian wanted peace, signed (WITH the horde) a peace treaty. And horde brakes it.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Jaina let her own city to be n alliance base, and like i said others lands are far away and difficult, why i would waste precious time and already lo resources when i can get from the enemy where i already have a strong base?
    Why waste time? because those lands had no other alliance race living there. Was more land. and btw garrosh was planning to take over the whole continent.

After Jaina Proudmoore learned about the Horde's plan to attack Theramore and conquer the whole of Kalimdor,
    And it was always a base. And it never started a war.

even prior cata theramore was an alliance base sending reinforcments to the dwarves invading the tauren lands in the barren and northwatch hold in durotar, one day before the cataclysm hey lauched a massive attack until honor's stand, are you sure they did not?
    Yes, and so where the horde doing to the alliance ( in several casses). Ashenvale as example again.

guilneas was not alliance and was way after the alliance attacks lol
    Yes gilneas was not alliance back then. But according to you horde never does bad things. Never attack a nation that does nothing to the horde.
    Gilneas happend AFTER theramore.

it doesn't matter it was in a "non horde area" it was an alliance city used as a base to attack the horde.
    Again, horde started first. there was peace treaty that they broke: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_peace_summit

At that very city :S.
    And horde also attacked alliance land before this. But they never went out of there way to kill a whole city with civilians in it. Hell they even warned the horde they where going to take a town so that the civilians could get out...

they did start the war, Varian declared in the battle of undercity in wtlk, i didn't say a thing about rebellion you strawman that
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_peace_summit

As for undercity: we freed it from a ussurper and left i to the horde after we killed that one that was trying to replace sylvanas. And btw...that ussurpers attack also killed a lot of horde soldiers including Saurfangs son.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry..._the_Undercity

Jaina returned and informed Varian that Varimathras and the Royal Apothecary Society had betrayed them all and the Horde no longer controlled Undercity.
    The war restarts after Varian finds out that the horde ( or better said sylvannas) was experimenting on humans with blight for years. While we had a peace. So the alliance restarted the war AFTER they find out that the horde in times of peace where conducting experiments on alliance civilians.

Alliance declared war in undercity and alliance attacked the horde one day before cataclysm taking honor's stand, theramore was prior fucking mop and the war was already going on even before cataclysm with dwarves invading tauren lands firebombing an entire clan and invading durotar, you have no idea wht youa re talking about
    See above.

and :
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_to_Cataclysm

the service was interrupted by two night elf Sentinels who reported a savage and brutal attack on one of the night elf convoys and the thievery of their goods. Though the Alliance and Horde agreed to a peace treaty after the Lich King war, the brutality of the attack left everyone on edge and was considered in violation of their peace treaty agreement.
    So yeah honor stands was something on its own and nothing happend before hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't worry I know, this was my comment a few replies down on the page.
    I got a bad feeling about Garrosh. Assuming he hasn't been completely tapped out of Anima and dissipated into oblivion, he's going to be aching for payback against everyone dead and alive and could end up a massive pain in the ass if he broke free
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    I got a bad feeling about Garrosh. Assuming he hasn't been completely tapped out of Anima and dissipated into oblivion, he's going to be aching for payback against everyone dead and alive and could end up a massive pain in the ass if he broke free
    Which is fine by me. I was disappointed when we weren't able to kill him in MoP and then Thrall ends up taking the kill in WoD.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    But we don't really know that, it's never ever been stated anywhere that this is what happens. He exploded his body with Fel magic, but that doesn't really affect the soul, or at least we have not heard about it if it does. The only person we've ever heard about being blasted to pieces with his soul actually getting eradicated from existence was Rhonin and that was the Mana Bomb (with the focusing iris). And that was also just an in person-experience by Jaina, not something that was stated as actual canon.
    Fel doesn't need the soul to be fueled, at least according to chronicle. It needs life energy and it gets that by killing the person, slowly or quickly, doesn't matter. The soul may be in distress after that (as we saw in the souls on the Broken Shore), but it is still intact, because it isn't needed for the Fel.
    fel is able to burn souls, thats been established for quite a while
    it was mentioned multiple times in legion how they stored and burned souls with fel to power their spaceships etc
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Basics of lore? i play the game, use both wow wiki and wow pedia....soo...??
    You clearly do all of the above incredibly poorly as you still don’t know the basics of the lore.

Did they try? and there where lands other then ashenvale that had tree's and the land to grow stuff.
    Zones like: mulgore, un goro, stonescale, feralas, desolace and azshara.
    None of these lands are viable options when you need the resources quickly and you don’t have operations set up in them or they need to be teramormed.

Plans to attack...did not attack. And by this time Garrosh showed to be very hostile
    Wrong this happens right after the cataclysm before garrosh has gone any thing and when your at war you don’t get to hide behind shit like “I was planning to attack but I didn’t do it yet”.

as for the gate: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Great_Gate it happend BEFORE cata.
    you must know this isn’t a defence right? Them attacking before the cataclysm proves theramore was making it self a threat to the horde because garrosh had done any thing at all.

He did start the war. If its a cold war status or even talks about peace. Then garrosh attacks. Its a restart of the war, starting of the war in full swing. Because they war was minor fights so far. Garrosh attacking a city with civilians in it was enough for 1 leader.
    Garrosh didn’t attack any city before they were in all out war.

the quest is in game right now vol’jin and his trolls were kicked out of org for threatening garrosh’S life around the start of cata before he had actually done any thing.

read that...mr who thinks i do not know lore.
    You don’t know the lore every point you try and make proves they further.

as for varian:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_peace_summit < wanted peace

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_to_Cataclysm <

So varian wanted peace, signed (WITH the horde) a peace treaty. And horde brakes it.......
    A pre wrath pre battle for under city meeting isn't relevant as varian declares war after that and then attacks before the cataclysm

From your own link.
    Varian automatically suspects Thrall to have ordered the attack but Jaina Proudmoore comes to his defense and vouches that most likely these attacks were not authorized by him, nor should he be held responsible for them, as she claims that Varian also can't control all of his people as evidence of the Defias. Angry with Jaina for recalling the Defias to him, Varian's Lo'Gosh personality emerged, and he becomes intimidatingly aggressive as he accuses her of being a poor judge of character, as evidence of her misjudging Arthas, as well as a “mewling pacifist” who puts peace first, no matter the cost.
    This isn’t the horde breaking any treaty its varian blaming them based automatically when there were TH running around trying to start the war. varian then launch’s attacks out of theramore before the cataclysm and garrosh only responds after it attacking ashenvale and other places which leads into him attacking theramore at the end of cata when it has been a staging ground to attack org and mulgore from the start of it.

So again you don’t even know the basics of the lore and are linking things that prove it again and again.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-09-19 at 05:33 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Horde is now left with pussies and boring crying babies and you think that are the good characters... Lets see Thrall cry on his mothers shoulders that he is a failure. FOR THE HORDE 2020 this is the state the Horde is in right now that we look forward to stuff like this.
    and the Horde still deserves better, the honorable WC3 Horde would not approve of a mad Warchief putting Darkspear civilians and turning them into target practices, let alone Theramore Citizens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    Who cares? That has nothing to do with the bombing of the city. Even wowpedia implies those citizens did not come from the city but left overs from Dustwallow and the Barrens or were captured later. By the time of SoO they had to make him “bad”. The bombing of Theramore was a completely justified military target.
    he also did that with Darkspear civilans, imagine being a Troll warrior fighting for the Horde and you find out your own Warchief has Xinjiang'ed your own people in his basement. Nah man to the Darkspear Rebellion I go
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we need new lore and new characters. End this recycle business.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    fel is able to burn souls, thats been established for quite a while
    it was mentioned multiple times in legion how they stored and burned souls with fel to power their spaceships etc
    As I wrote in one of my responses before that, we've seen in several quests what Fel does to the souls and it does not destroy them, they are not consumed. Tormented, confused, yes. But with a little help and just some guidance, they are fine and they are not at all destroyed.
    The Legion kept people in cages alive and consumed their life energy, because that is what it takes to get Fel energy (according to Chronicle at least). The soul is not untouched by that, of course, because the process itself seems to be a horrible torment, but the souls do not get destroyed, as we see in several quests at the Broken Shore. As soon as we come and send them on (either by fighting them, as we usually do, or by blessing them with the help of Anduin in his quest there for example) they pass on no problem.

I also think there's no way for him to match the direction, I just also think that could be said about a lot of others and they were made to fit into the current model. I'm hoping he sidesteps this by not being a major presence but I don't doubt that they could use him to interact with some characters.

Really, everyone in the Shadowlands faction cast has a tie to Garrosh - Baine, Jaina, Anduin, Thrall, even Tyrande. There's a lot of material possible there, I just don't trust it to be done either well or at all.
    I doubt Garrosh is going to even care that much about settling old scores. The moment his chains break he'll probably go full Doomguy on the soul vampires and never stop until he turns Castle Nathria itself into paste.

Plus if Thrall has a story to tell, it'll be with his dear old mom, unless they pull a WoD and completely ignore that aspect yet again.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I doubt Garrosh is going to even care that much about settling old scores. The moment his chains break he'll probably go full Doomguy on the soul vampires and never stop until he turns Castle Nathria itself into paste.

Plus if Thrall has a story to tell, it'll be with his dear old mom, unless they pull a WoD and completely ignore that aspect yet again.
    The thing is, and it's funny to say but true, that Garrosh was much more relevant to Thrall than his mom and they have far more to talk about. Garrosh represents a fundamental difference between Thrall's personal history, his idea for the Horde and what his constituency liked about him. Him losing his powers had nothing to do with his family, whom he had nothing to reconcile with, but everything to do with those three things. Thrall and Garrosh have more to talk about than he and his mom if it comes down to it. In turn, I don't think Garrosh would settle old scores, at least in my reading of the character - why bother, he has no one to fight for anymore? But Thrall was a surrogate father figure to him one that he wants the approval of even as their views are diametrically opposed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Why waste time? because those lands had no other alliance race living there. Was more land.
    this don't answer neither refute what i said at all, other lands are far and not rpatical.
    and btw garrosh was planning to take over the whole continent.
    right, and? i even said that later

And it was always a base. And it never started a war.
    thats a lie cause theramore served as abse for the alliance even before Garrosh was warchief, and the attack on honor's stand one dya prior to cataclysm no one knew Garrosh plans at ll, because he just became a temproary warchief

Yes, and so where the horde doing to the alliance ( in several casses). Ashenvale as example again.
    no, it wasn't, ashenvale was attacked in cata, in wtlk and prior the night elves and the orcs what a trade pact, that night elves boke it after Wrathgate.

Yes gilneas was not alliance back then. But according to you horde never does bad things. Never attack a nation that does nothing to the horde.
    i never said that, you are doing a strawman
    Gilneas happend AFTER theramore.
    no it didn't, guil'neas was early cataclysm, theramore bomb was prior mop

Again, horde started first. there was peace treaty that they broke: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry...e_peace_summit
    At that very city :S.
    are you nuts? the twilight hammer attacked then, the horde didn't atack no one first lmao
    And horde also attacked alliance land before this. But they never went out of there way to kill a whole city with civilians in it. Hell they even warned the horde they where going to take a town so that the civilians could get out...
    they didn't, all trough vanila and wtlk the horde was reactionary with alliance attacking and invading their lands, humans of northold watcha nd dwarves in the barrens.

The dwarves bombed and killed an entire tauren clan

again, check your sources
    As for undercity: we freed it from a ussurper and left i to the horde after we killed that one that was trying to replace sylvanas. And btw...that ussurpers attack also killed a lot of horde soldiers including Saurfangs son.
    Saurfang son died at wrathgate not in undercity

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Varian_Wry..._the_Undercity

King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
    King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    Varian declare war against the horde

The war restarts after Varian finds out that the horde ( or better said sylvannas) was experimenting on humans with blight for years. While we had a peace. So the alliance restarted the war AFTER they find out that the horde in times of peace where conducting experiments on alliance civilians.
    there was no total open war going on yet, they entered a truce to fight the Lich king, and varian broke it declaring open war

See above.
    again, wrong

So yeah honor stands was something on its own and nothing happend before hand.
    ????????????????????

honor's stnd was alliance breaking the truce they had, literally before Garrosh did anything

The thing is, and it's funny to say but true, that Garrosh was much more relevant to Thrall than his mom and they have far more to talk about. Garrosh represents a fundamental difference between Thrall's personal history, his idea for the Horde and what his constituency liked about him. Him losing his powers had nothing to do with his family, whom he had nothing to reconcile with, but everything to do with those three things. Thrall and Garrosh have more to talk about than he and his mom if it comes down to it. In turn, I don't think Garrosh would settle old scores, at least in my reading of the character - why bother, he has no one to fight for anymore? But Thrall was a surrogate father figure to him one that he wants the approval of even as their views are diametrically opposed.
    Wasn't that basically settled (in symbol if not in fact) in WoD already? What more is there for Thrall to say other than "we've decided you're not the worst Warchief anymore because we chose someone even worse"? Thrall did little for the Horde itself since then and I doubt Garrosh cares much about it losing another war to the Alliance at this point, or abolishing a post he doesn't want anymore.

Best thing Thrall could say is point out that Garrosh's oh so pure Horde dismantled shortly after his death and either drank the fel juju or were subsequently either evangelized or tossed out of the planet by the fucking Draenei of all peoples and only survived because of the Horde Garrosh himself forsook as too diverse for his liking. But the writers don't want to remind us of WoD too much so I strongly doubt this will come up either. I sure have no idea why the fuck they would bring back Draka of all characters if not to have her talk to Thrall, unless they really do think her class changing to Rogue makes for a gripping and emotional tale.

Wasn't that basically settled (in symbol if not in fact) in WoD already? What more is there for Thrall to say other than "we've decided you're not the worst Warchief anymore because we chose someone even worse"? Thrall did little for the Horde itself since then and I doubt Garrosh cares much about it losing another war to the Alliance at this point, or abolishing a post he doesn't want anymore.

Best thing Thrall could say is point out that Garrosh's oh so pure Horde dismantled shortly after his death and either drank the fel juju or were subsequently either evangelized or tossed out of the planet by the fucking Draenei of all peoples and only survived because of the Horde Garrosh himself forsook as too diverse for his liking. But the writers don't want to remind us of WoD too much so I strongly doubt this will come up either. I sure have no idea why the fuck they would bring back Draka of all characters if not to have her talk to Thrall, unless they really do think her class changing to Rogue makes for a gripping and emotional tale.
    Thrall lost his shaman powers because of the Mak'gora with Garrosh. It's what made him lose faith by his own words. If his arc is to be him gaining them back him confronting the guy associated with that loss is a lot more pertinent than his mom who's reunion went down with him and would only validate the beliefs that got him there in the first place. They wouldn't be talking about the war, as hilarious as that'd be, but they would engage re: the Horde and Thrall.

Thrall engaging with Garrosh's position - which was validated given how the Horde has now shed the last of its orcish trappings and Thrall himself was so gripped by ennui that he had to be dragged back in by Saurfang would be a step towards Thrall getting better. The writers being what they are, this would most likely be in the form of Thrall, like Jaina, being told he was actually right all along and hastily shuffling his mistakes under the rug, but to not engage with the issue at all would be an own goal in any variant of a Thrall gaining his powers back story. Thrall has no more to say lambasting Garrosh, Garrosh's already lost twice, WoD speaks for itself. But Garrosh is dead and Thrall isn't and Thrall didn't get depressed because he conclusively defeated Garrosh ideologically but because he failed to do so.

Thrall lost his shaman powers because of the Mak'gora with Garrosh. It's what made him lose faith by his own words. If his arc is to be him gaining them back him confronting the guy associated with that loss is a lot more pertinent than his mom who's reunion went down with him and would only validate the beliefs that got him there in the first place. They wouldn't be talking about the war, as hilarious as that'd be, but they would engage re: the Horde and Thrall.

Thrall engaging with Garrosh's position - which was validated given how the Horde has now shed the last of its orcish trappings and Thrall himself was so gripped by ennui that he had to be dragged back in by Saurfang would be a step towards Thrall getting better. The writers being what they are, this would most likely be in the form of Thrall, like Jaina, being told he was actually right all along and hastily shuffling his mistakes under the rug, but to not engage with the issue at all would be an own goal in any variant of a Thrall gaining his powers back story. Thrall has no more to say lambasting Garrosh, Garrosh's already lost twice, WoD speaks for itself. But Garrosh is dead and Thrall isn't and Thrall didn't get depressed because he conclusively defeated Garrosh ideologically but because he failed to do so.
    You say that, but I don't know if that stuff actually matters to the story now. Thrall's comeback moment was when Saurfang fetched him in Outland, I'm not certain he'll get another after whatever conversations he would have with Garrosh that likely doesn't even care about him anymore. I certainly would find it weird if a Garrosh tortured by the Venthyr for... whatever time he was would pause his roaring rampage of revenge to discuss the Horde with Thrall even more than they already did. All that assumes Garrosh has a role to play in any future story, which is possible but not that likely.

I guess what could happen is that Thrall talks with Draka, is taken aback by her being sent to somewhat of a warrior heaven against his image of her (but wouldn't that image already have changed when he saw the Frostwolves eagerly skewer Ogres like pigs in Frostfire Ridge?), and rethinks Garrosh's ferocity as somewhat of a positive so as to pave the way for some sort of reconciliation? It's a stretch and quite indirect. But I don't see how Garrosh himself would want to brush the subject, he thinks he's right and that's that, hell even soul torture by people specialized in soul torture fail to break him so much he's milked like an anima cow, Thrall's not going to convince him of anything or have a proper conversation with a guy who likely will have a giant revenge boner and/or bigger fish to fry. So what, Thrall walks up to him, says "you were right", Garrosh says "duh" and poof, elemental powers come back? That sounds like a pointless waste of time to me to be quite frank, and just a swerve from the ending of WoD Nagrand for the purpose of having one.

You say that, but I don't know if that stuff actually matters to the story now. Thrall's comeback moment was when Saurfang fetched him in Outland, I'm not certain he'll get another after whatever conversations he would have with Garrosh that likely doesn't even care about him anymore. I certainly would find it weird if a Garrosh tortured by the Venthyr for... whatever time he was would pause his roaring rampage of revenge to discuss the Horde with Thrall even more than they already did. All that assumes Garrosh has a role to play in any future story, which is possible but not that likely.

I guess what could happen is that Thrall talks with Draka, is taken aback by her being sent to somewhat of a warrior heaven against his image of her (but wouldn't that image already have changed when he saw the Frostwolves eagerly skewer Ogres like pigs in Frostfire Ridge?), and rethinks Garrosh's ferocity as somewhat of a positive so as to pave the way for some sort of reconciliation? It's a stretch and quite indirect. But I don't see how Garrosh himself would want to brush the subject, he thinks he's right and that's that, hell even soul torture by people specialized in soul torture fail to break him so much he's milked like an anima cow, Thrall's not going to convince him of anything or have a proper conversation with a guy who likely will have a giant revenge boner and/or bigger fish to fry. So what, Thrall walks up to him, says "you were right", Garrosh says "duh" and poof, elemental powers come back? That sounds like a pointless waste of time to me to be quite frank, and just a swerve from the ending of WoD Nagrand for the purpose of having one.
    To clarify, like I said I don't think that a Garrosh arc with these characters is likely, only that if they wanted to, they'd have ample ways to do it. I think the likeliest options in order are him not coming up again except a cameo > him showing up to get iced by Denathrius in the mythic raid > Him showing up to be a tool for Thrall's development > Him being redeemed > Him showing up with his WoD characterization and this not being cast as a bad thing.

Thrall's return to playing any role to the Horde is Saurfang pressuring him. But Thrall is a bit player, he defers to Saurfang - it's Saurfang who gives Thrall the pep talk at the Gates. At the end of that, Thrall isn't a shaman, he isn't a leader either. He's your average dude. I don't think that's likely to stay the case given how much Blizzard love the character, which is why I think it's inevitable he'll get a focus arc where he gets at least his WC3 powers back. Garrosh, being the guy he lost those powers and went into exile over in the first place, is the actual party he should overcome. It could be him simply deciding that actually he was right to off him the way he did and that it really was Garrosh's destiny, gaining back his confidence, which I think is more likely. Or it could be an engagement between the two's positions, hopefully with some fighting cause this is Warcraft after all.

By engagement I don't mean development for Garrosh himself - his story is basically done. Him agreeing with Thrall at this point would just diminish his character and be a retread of what they've got in store for Kael besides. More Thrall engaging with Garrosh's position. Yes, he put Garrosh in that spot, yes, Garrosh had a constituency and Thrall was preoccupied with his own issues. But Garrosh was the one who chose to take the route he did and while Thrall made tons of mistakes, he can't let that drag him down, Garrosh is dead, he's alive and it's time he actually went and did things for the Horde again. To fix his errors instead of blaming it on others and leaving it at that or hiding from them as he did in Nagrand. This I think is if they went that route at all, the resolution with the highest chance of happening. I'd have a laugh and a half if Thrall went "Oh yeah, I fucked up, you were right about most things" but that is never going to happen. On the other hand, Thrall going from "it's all your fault, i did nothing wrong" to "i'm sorry i did anything, i'll hide" to "i'll just be some scrub and follow others" to "i fucked up but i have to do better and lead" is a clear throughline.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-09-19 at 10:57 PM.