Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Not an unregulated amalgamation of farmers and yeomen, however in the US revolution, well-regulated community-based militias were the reason we have our independence. Funded by wealthy landowners in in lieu of service, commanded by veterans of the French & Indian war, and conscripted by local yeomen, they proved to be a persistent thorn in the side of the British standing army. This is precisely why its codified in the 2nd amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the US revolutionary war was won by well-regulated community-based militias. Funded by wealthy land owners in lieu of service, commanded by veterans of past conflicts, and conscripted by yeomen. This is exactly why the 2nd amendment exists in the first place. It was the strategy which won US independence, as such, they put it into the BoR, however the militia acts of 1904 effectively federalized all community-based control of militias.
    And supported by a super power. Without France, USA would have NOT won the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If your population is armed, you just meet them with greater firepower, you know like the army literally gunning down the population and bombing every house that would oppose some kind of resistance.

Is there any exemple of an armed population going toe to toe against a professionnal army and emerging victorious?
    Literally every civilian insurgency against the US Army.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Ok, at least try to be realistic in your rebuttals.
    The obesity rate in the US and the voting percentages every election year not realistic enough for you? That's not even going into our depression rates and the opoid crisis that was before the pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The obesity rate in the US and the voting percentages every election year not realistic enough for you? That's not even going into our depression rates and the opoid crisis that was before the pandemic.
    Most Americans do NOT look like those you posted, even if they are obese.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And supported by a super power. Without France, USA would have NOT won the war.
    Maybe. And without the US, France would not have survived WW1 and WW2.

But on topic, the open seat for a Supreme Court Justice is a opportunity to have one nominated for it, who will support the Second Amendment more strongly than some do now on it. It is time some of these issues where some states are getting away with violating it, get some consideration.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

But on topic, the open seat for a Supreme Court Justice is a opportunity to have one nominated for it, who will support the Second Amendment more strongly than some do now on it. It is time some of these issues where some states are getting away with violating it, get some consideration.
    Guess just a day or so later you don't care about the huge hypocrite you and your party are, in rallying around the need to fill the position this close to election.

But hey getting your hair done is defiantly more important of an issue to stand against morally then the commitment to not nominate and vote on a sitting SCOTUS member during an election year. Glad you called out Pelosi and not your own gaggle of party members and your president on the real issues.

One can only hope the democrats get the senate and WH so they can add two more members to the SCOTUS and fix the mess the republicans have put us in. And NO they still won't take your guns or your 2A rights no matter how much you cry they are going to "take ur gunz". Clinton and Obama already proved it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Not maybe, certainly. France did provide training, supplies, weapons and won battle against the british fleet.

And without the USA and Russia and UK, and I probably forget a lot of ppl, we would be speaking german in France.

And the seat in the Supreme Court should be let vacant for after the election. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-09-19 at 07:12 PM.

Most Americans do NOT look like those you posted, even if they are obese.
    I said the average if you don't believe me believe the US government who a decade ago said that obesity was the number one problem with recruitment. The average American is far too comfortable, lazy, drugged up and spoiled to be freedom fighting the entire notion of that happening is laughable. Let me state facts look at quarantine has done to this country just staying home and relaxing sky high divorce, depression, obesity rates and record low birth rates. Now you think these people are going to be dealing with a civil war, the average American can't hack it sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said the average if you don't believe me believe the US government who a decade ago said that obesity was the number one problem with recruitment. The average American is far too comfortable, lazy, drugged up and spoiled to be freedom fighting the entire notion of that happening is laughable. Let me state facts look at quarantine has done to this country just staying home and relaxing sky high divorce, depression, obesity rates and record low birth rates. Now you think these people are going to be dealing with a civil war, the average American can't hack it sorry.
    What you posted was at the far end of the spectrum.

Also, no, I do not expect city slickers to be much of a force, but they are also not who would be inclined to fight anyway.

Also, no, I do not expect city slickers to be much of a force, but they are also not who would be inclined to fight anyway.
    kids from detroit would roll any border milita going

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    There would be no need to fight city gangs in the city, and they would not stand a chance outside their urban jungle. All the rural areas need to do is cut off the flow of food, water, and energy to the cities and wait.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And the seat in the Supreme Court should be let vacant for after the election. Plain and simple.
    Unlike you, I get to do something about it other than just express a opinion. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    When it comes to ganging up on others and ambushes, they are pretty good with that. I spend some time in Cleveland and Detroit as a teenager. I am thankful I was a damn fast runner. Also thankful I never had to contend with the gangs I encountered who had guns. No one can outrun a bullet.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-19 at 11:27 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike you, I get to do something about it other than just express a opinion. Plain and simple.
    Yes, sending money to the NRA, so they can buy them self bigger toys, is doing more. Do you mean sending money to a billionaire?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Oh boy, have you seen non city slickers? they ain't that much better either they are the snowflakes throwing tantrums because of social distancing. Most Americans don't have the stomach for any of this fantasy evidenced by our inability to find suitable soldiers and continuously having to lower standards.

There would be no need to fight city gangs in the city, and they would not stand a chance outside their urban jungle. All the rural areas need to do is cut off the flow of food, water, and energy to the cities and wait.
    Please they outnumber the bumkin population and would roll out and roll over them like they didn't exsist. Like a locust swarm.

Besides the people in the cities have the majority of the money and capital. they would just hire mercs to do the work for them
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, have you seen non city slickers? they ain't that much better either they are the snowflakes throwing tantrums because of social distancing. Most Americans don't have the stomach for any of this fantasy evidenced by our inability to find suitable soldiers and continuously having to lower standards.
    I live with non city slickers. They are plenty able.
    In 2018, the US recruited over 170,000 for active duty service. A good bit of the issue in recruitment (besides the previously low unemployment) is related to the continued urbanization (and the concurrent liberalization) of the country. Liberal cities don't produce many recruits. For instance, conservative Colorado Springs produced 6.6X more recruits per capita than Boulder, a very liberal city 100 miles north. Almost all of the top 500 counties in recruitment per capita are rural and/or conservative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Please they outnumber the bumkin population and would roll out and roll over them like they didn't exsist. Like a locust swarm.

Besides the people in the cities have the majority of the money and capital. they would just hire mercs to do the work for them
    Human waves do not do well when the waves are unarmed. Gun ownership in the US is heavily tilted to conservatives.

During a civil war, the value of US money would drop like the Lira. Even if it didn't, there are not enough mercenaries in the world (let alone the ability to transport and sustain them) for it to matter. Besides, people living in cities are too soft from having everything done for them.

Human waves do not do well when the waves are unarmed. Gun ownership in the US is heavily tilted to conservatives.
    People keep saying this, but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence to this claim one way or the other.

Besides, even if it were true, the right doesn’t know how to use guns, as evidenced by them screaming about how leftists and Jews deserve to be shot for disagreeing with them and reporting my posts the last time I brought this up.

- - - Updated - - -

The hell does this mean?

When it comes to ganging up on others and ambushes, they are pretty good with that. I spend some time in Cleveland and Detroit as a teenager. I am thankful I was a damn fast runner. Also thankful I never had to contend with the gangs I encountered who had guns. No one can outrun a bullet.
    I’ve never had that problem in large cities. TheN again, I don’t scream racial slurs as a hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

And what can you do ? You can just express your opinion as it is not your decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    People keep saying this, but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence to this claim one way or the other.

Besides, even if it were true, the right doesn’t know how to use guns, as evidenced by them screaming about how leftists and Jews deserve to be shot for disagreeing with them and reporting my posts the last time I brought this up.

- - - Updated - - -

The hell does this mean?

I’ve never had that problem in large cities. TheN again, I don’t scream racial slurs as a hobby.
    https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...gun-ownership/ Republicans are 3X as likely as Democrats to own a firearm.

Knowing how to use a firearm has nothing to do with your "evidence".

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...gun-ownership/ Republicans are 3X as likely as Democrats to own a firearm.
    Thank you for posting this. Though I would like to point that that Republicans are generally wealthier than Dems, so I'd like to see the breakdown by income, and what those numbers would look like if the NRA didn't lobby against cheaper gun manufaturing.

Knowing how to use a firearm has nothing to do with your "evidence".
    Sure it does. If they knew how to use a gun, they'd prove it, rather than scream at me for days on end.

Least they could do is shoot me.