10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That is implying that nationalists aren't ok with systemic racism, and I don't think it is that deep for them at all. The reason they pretend to be against racism is because racism is a negative. There's nothing about racism on its own that bothers them. They can't admit the US has ever or will ever do anything wrong as a country. Democrats? Sure no problem. The US as a whole? Nope. That is why they love Trump and hate Dems. Trump is embracing all the things they've always thought and communicates on a remedial level while the Dems can be blamed for anything bad instead of the country, and by extension, Trump.

These people don't want to hear about slavery or atrocities committed(ing) to the indigenous people or war crimes committed by the US, hell they won't even admit Columbus was a shit human.
    If American culture includes systemic racism, it makes nationalism a less pejorative way to be racist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If American culture includes systemic racism, it makes nationalism a less pejorative way to be racist.
    Again, you're not stupid. They are. I don;t think it goes that deep for them.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-dep...204016245.html

Texas deputies, including those who killed Javier Ambler, reportedly got steakhouse gift cards for using force

Williamson County, Texas, Sheriff’s Office leaders rewarded deputies who used force on the job with steakhouse gift cards, according to two former employees, one of whom made the admission to Texas Rangers investigating the agency’s aggressive tactics.

Among the deputies who received gift cards to places such as Logan’s Roadhouse were J.J. Johnson and Zach Camden, the officers involved in the March 2019 death of Javier Ambler. The Black 40-year-old father was Tased four times as he shouted that he had a heart condition and could not breathe.
    I challenge any of you cop/Trump defenders to speak on this.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

- - - Updated - - -

I challenge you to blow your brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Wow, someone wasn't loved as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Ahhhhhhh i see, you're just a coward that its lashing out because you know you can't justify this behavior.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Ahhhhhhh i see, you're just a coward that its lashing out because you know you can't justify this behavior.
    I like how I reported it like 2 hours before you posted, and it is still here. Should be pretty hefty infraction imo.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I like how I reported it like 2 hours before you posted, and it is still here. Should be pretty hefty infraction imo.
    The mods have a lot on their plate these days. They will get to it. Honestly, ever since Thwart was removed, moderation has been really good. Props too Jester, Rozz and Flare. Seriously, the PoFo has been much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mods have a lot on their plate these days. They will get to it. Honestly, ever since Thwart was removed, moderation has been really good. Props too Jester, Rozz and Flare. Seriously, the PoFo has been much better.
    Second this, they're really trying their best and it is getting better. And i say that even if i received one yesterday, which was to be honest: completely right and earned. Mea culpa

Quote Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
    Which is what he was talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, if they're counter-protesting anti-BLM groups... they're violent BLM then?
    Reading and comprehension is hard for you I see.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF is wrong with the police. I just don't get it, because they don't want people to be angry at them either, yet there are seemingly quite a number, who are nothing but violent goons, some encouraged to behave like that with those "actions" with gift cards, or act, with absolutely no restrain against people, who are protesting police brutality.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    WTF is wrong with the police. I just don't get it, because they don't want people to be angry at them either, yet there are seemingly quite a number, who are nothing but violent goons, some encouraged to behave like that with those "actions" with gift cards, or act, with absolutely no restrain against people, who are protesting police brutality.
    Like most people that are active in a cause, whether it be law and order, cancer awareness, defending the country or even veganism, they are in it ultimately for themselves and want thanks and recognition. They make whatever the cause is about them.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    If it is true, then they are some bad apples that need to be removed. The problem is numbers. People cherry pick incidents of people actions but pass it as the representative of the whole.

Case in point, there are about 350,000,000 police interactions a year. We see people hype what, .01 percent? Out of that mini percent some are unjustifiable or plain evil and wrong. But people then say all police are the problem.

If we used that same logic against the "protest gatherings", they stated that 93% were nonviolent. That means 7% were violent riots. That means all protesters are the problem.

I don't agree with that. I believe there are protesters doing what they believe is right within the confines of the law, peaceful protests. I don't tarnish them with the same brush as the ones that are rioting and violent. Just like I don't agree that all police are the enemy of people or a problem.

There are some police that are a problem, a smaller minority then people seem to want to admit. There are also some issues with training and some policies. But instead of trying to narrow down on the problems to fix, people are protesting/rioting looking for their removal.... sorry defunding. It has hit the point where the people wanting change are going to cause the problems to get worse.

I mean come on.

A city office deciding that police in that city can't use crowd control or nonlethal means like tear gas, batons, tasers, even choke holds. They are also not allowed to wear helmets. Think about that... Police going out with rules stating that the one way they have to stop a violator is their gun...... Yeah that will work out well.

I am hoping eventually we will get back to more of, fixing the bad policies, waiting for all of the evidence, and holding the police accountable when they are in the wrong.

Instead of ... man shot by police, protest happens, then riots over the shooting .... then video released showing the man chasing the cop, swinging the knife, refusing to stop, and yes, the cop (who was moving away) turns and fires at him protecting himself and the woman that called 911 who the man chased out of the apartment building.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    If it is true, then they are some bad apples that need to be removed. The problem is numbers. People cherry pick incidents of people actions but pass it as the representative of the whole.

Case in point, there are about 350,000,000 police interactions a year. We see people hype what, .01 percent? Out of that mini percent some are unjustifiable or plain evil and wrong. But people then say all police are the problem.

If we used that same logic against the "protest gatherings", they stated that 93% were nonviolent. That means 7% were violent riots. That means all protesters are the problem.

I don't agree with that. I believe there are protesters doing what they believe is right within the confines of the law, peaceful protests. I don't tarnish them with the same brush as the ones that are rioting and violent. Just like I don't agree that all police are the enemy of people or a problem.

There are some police that are a problem, a smaller minority then people seem to want to admit. There are also some issues with training and some policies. But instead of trying to narrow down on the problems to fix, people are protesting/rioting looking for their removal.... sorry defunding. It has hit the point where the people wanting change are going to cause the problems to get worse.

I mean come on.

A city office deciding that police in that city can't use crowd control or nonlethal means like tear gas, batons, tasers, even choke holds. They are also not allowed to wear helmets. Think about that... Police going out with rules stating that the one way they have to stop a violator is their gun...... Yeah that will work out well.

I am hoping eventually we will get back to more of, fixing the bad policies, waiting for all of the evidence, and holding the police accountable when they are in the wrong.

Instead of ... man shot by police, protest happens, then riots over the shooting .... then video released showing the man chasing the cop, swinging the knife, refusing to stop, and yes, the cop (who was moving away) turns and fires at him protecting himself and the woman that called 911 who the man chased out of the apartment building.
    Oh fucking please. Do you really think this thread got to over 15,000 responses without one of you bringing up the bullshit "bad apple" lie.

It has been said and debunked a 1000 time sin this thread alone. Bring a cogent and factual argument.

I mean come on.

Let's go ahead and just take one last dump on the "bad apples" argument.

if officers were held accountable, and investigated by unbiased third parties, then that would be fine. The overwhelming data shows that to not be the case. Let's take Buffalo as an example. It wasn't just a couple bad apples who pushed down the old guy. It was those two bad apples, along with all the other bad apples standing around who moved past, did not render aid, and even tried to stop others from rendering aid. It was the department who objectively lied about what had happened, and it was the 50+ officers who quite their billets, because those first two officers got into trouble.

For any fool who brings up the "bad apples," argument, you are either lying, or ignorant. It's especially hilarious, considering the actual expression where that comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nonsense.

The "bad apple" idiom goes "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch."

And when those "bad apples" are not aggressively and immediately removed from duty and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for every single possible abuse of force, with the entire police force turning against them and providing them no support whatsoever, then we're not talking "some bad apples". Every member of that force is a "bad apple", just by virtue of supporting and defending the other "bad apples".

This is kind of the point of the idiom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, compare this tact... to just denouncing assholes... when an asshole presents it self, instead of figuring it out what side they are on, to see if you should have a problem... just say you have a problem with it. Counter the Ednus post by saying they are not bad apples, but are just bad.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I mean come on.

The problem isn't just the bad apples though. It is his partner, it is the department, the Unions and the non-independent DAs and Internal Affairs divisions that give the cops the benefit of the doubt and skew entirely their way usually when it comes to excessive force complaints.

All of this is called the "Blue Wall of Silence". You get rid of this and make investigations independent and transparent, and you might get some people back on your side. Otherwise, no, until the racists stop getting hired and the investigations aren't independent then it is nothing but bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    and make investigations independent and transparent.
    This is something that just astounds me. In Scotland we have the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner, an independent body set up to investigate allegations of misconduct by police officers. I know in England and Wales they have something similar. From the best of my knowledge, these bodies are made up mostly of lawyers, I think there is civilian representation too, the point being it is not entirely made up of cops. I genuinely did not know until recently that there wasn't something like this in the US, at least not in all states, and I was genuinely shocked by this.

I am by no means an ACAB person. While I think these people are often legitimately angry and point out very real flaws, I think this position is at best childish, and the gymnastics that are often performed to justify this, often as being literally true (we can see people in here, people I consider intelligent and usually capable of nuanced thought make these claims) are just absurd, and we tend to see them come out with insane ideas like defund the police (even if you disagree with my contention that this is insane, it is certainly not unreasonable to object to this, only a zealot would assert this, sadly the overly emotional reasoning that comes out with the ACAB mean there are more than a few zealots) and even abolish the police (yes, I know it is only a minority that call for this, however they get a worrying amount of cover, if the reasons why this is a terrible idea aren't obvious to you, then I don't know what to say). People get heated and can make suggestions/demands that either tread close to, or flat out dive in head first into the crazy zone.

However there are clearly very simple, straight forward things that can be done, that aren't insane or extremely detrimental to society, and an independent board that investigates police misconduct, that isn't made up of cops, that do not answer to the police, or to police unions and is transparent in its decision making is such a great example of this, I have yet to hear a reasonable objection to this suggestion, and it amazed me that this wasn't already in place. It is a policy that should get the backing of most reasonable people, regardless of which isle they are on. People who want to through their support behind the cops, having a body like this to better ensure decent and lawful behaviour and to help enforce standards in policing should welcome this. This is something that is much harder to abuse, much harder to succumb to corruption than internal investigations as they don't have the same conflict of interests or conflicted loyalties.

Out of the reasonable suggestions I have heard, this ranks among the easiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

My understanding is that there are 3 types of police officers:

Those who abuse their authority
    Those who do nothing to stop other officers from abusing their authority
    Those who actively try to stop other officers from abusing their authority.

Not A CAB, just the first 2 groups. Which happens to be most cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is nonsense.

The "bad apple" idiom goes "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch."

And when those "bad apples" are not aggressively and immediately removed from duty and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for every single possible abuse of force, with the entire police force turning against them and providing them no support whatsoever, then we're not talking "some bad apples". Every member of that force is a "bad apple", just by virtue of supporting and defending the other "bad apples".

This is kind of the point of the idiom.
    THANK you.