Poll: Do your characters have a concept that inform things like covenant choice?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I don't actively RP but all of my characters have their own backstories and I have a general idea of their motivations and personalities. The degree of detail varies from character to character. Ironically, my main (a human mage) probably has the least extensive story. He will celebrate his 15th birthday next week and has been around for almost half of my own life; so at this point he's basically just an extension of myself. I'm still unsure about which covenant he will join (none of them really fit in my opinion).

My alts are built on fairly standard archetypes (dwarf hunter and warrior, night elf druid, human paladin and DK, troll shaman) but I still have a general story in mind for each one of them. The most extensive backstory I came up with was for a void elf priest because of the mental gymnastics needed to make the character work.

I do. My warlock, priest and mage were all pigtailed gnomes with different colored hair. They were conceived to be “sisters” who had an affinity to magic but different personalities, one pious, one that was really curious and intelligent and the third sister was fiercely intelligent and curious but didn’t like to conform to normal studies. They are still there and one of the three is a main and the other two are primary alts.

Priest will obviously be Kyrian, Warlock will be Revendreth and I haven’t decided on the Mage but I’m leaning Night Fae. I’m not sure yet who is going to be my main, probably the warlock.

Yes and I don't care about adjusting them to covenant abilities.

Yea my chars backstory is that of a meta slave. My chars is into calculating things and then he adapts according to the highest number he can find. He is also very dynamic he can change class or spec on the fly according to what the world needs him to be. He doesnt like to be pinned down lets say.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-09-20 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally. I don't RP or even play on an RP server, but I do have backstories and personallities for every character I play. That usually means I create a new character for every expansion, so that character has goals and motives tailored to the plotline.

For example, in Legion I mained a blood elf monk with a tragic backstory, depression, and an inferiority complex. He was desparate to save the world where he failed before at the fall of Quel'Thelas. He would often hide this behind a cocky attitude, and would often taunt massive demons by blocking their weapons with his bare fingers, shattering their armor with a single kick, or blowing away their unholy demon fire with a soothing chi wind.

In Battle for Azeroth, I mained a young orc mage. As a child, he had no aptitude for any of the 'orcish' things. He had no talent with an axe or bow. The elements never spoke to him. He didn't even have the heart to become a warlock. He had resigned his life to becoming a peon in the lumber mills. Then he was discovered by a Forsaken mage and taken in as an apprentice. When the time came for war with the Alliance after Teldrassil and Lordaeron, he jumped at the opportunity to showcase his magical talent to the ones who thought him worthless before.

Now, in Shadowlands, I plan on creating a Vulpera hunter. He lived as an appraiser and con artist in Vol'dun. He had an unusally good eye for the value of things, and used it to haggle insane deals when trading. He would also train small animals to dig up small but valuable artifacts out of the sand that others would overlook. This talent lead him to enjoy the finer things in life. He enjoyed the finest things. Fine furs imported from Northrend, a fine collection of the best dwarven firearms, and even filled his wagon with the priceless oxymoronic Ogre fine arts. One day, he ended up hustling a crew of pirates that didn't take to kindly to the idea, and started to hunt him all across the deserts. This lined up nicely with the Vulperan induction into the Horde, and so he decided to abandon the desert in search of adventure.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Imagine the episode of Dexters laboratory whwre they play D&D; Thats how I make concept for my char, lol.

An azeroth caricature of myself.

So yes, I have a concept of sorts
    so you're a furry? /s
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Nope, no concept for any of them. They're just gameplay tools to me.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Yea i like to RP as a meta slave. My chars background is he is into calculating things and then he adapts according to the highest number he can find. He is also very dynamic he can change class or spec on the fly according to what the world needs him to be. He doesnt like to be pinned down lets say.
    Your character sounds like a rad lad.

my dwarf enhancement shaman considers himself a rare breed, and as such will always invite other dwarf shaman to the group if one queues in group finder.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't RP at all but my human mage is supposedly Stormwindian from a family that is Light-focused. He rebelled against his priest-ish upbringing and left for Dalaran where he studied the arcane.

There, he met his girlfriend, a Gilnean mage, who was urgently summoned back to her homeland for unknown reason and he never saw her again. Truth is she was inflicted with the Worgen curse making her more prone to evil magic, and she's my alt Worgen Warlock. He considers her dead.

His sister is my human alt priest, she didn't deviate from her priest upbringing but rebelled in her own way. In secrecy she practices shadow magic and indulges in breaking her enemies' minds.

I have other characters but these are the ones mainly connected to each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of. Most of my characters were created 13+ years ago, so it's hard not to feel there's a "story" to them. I also love to read and think about stories, so that plays a role. That said, I have always been an optimizer in games since I was a kid and that supersedes any concept I have of my character. For instance, I would like my rogue to be Venthyr, but as it stands I will definitely be going Necrolord unless tuning changes something.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2020-09-20 at 04:18 PM.