Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I thought they always gave 2 weeks notice before the end of the PvP season
    They might extend the season after corruption removal maybe so people can get a chance without that crap in the way

Quote Originally Posted by Sicard View Post
    It’s still currently scheduled for the 29th.
    Link with proof, please.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Actually, no there wasn't

TBC Prepatch - Dec 5
    TBC Launch - Jan 16

Wrath Prepatch - Oct 14
    Wrath Launch - Nov 13

Cata Prepatch - Oct 12
    Cata Launch - Dec 7

MoP Prepatch - Aug 28
    MoP Launch - Sep 25

WoD Prepatch - Oct 14
    WoD Launch - Nov 13

Legion Prepatch - Jul 19
    Legion Launch - Aug 30

BfA Prepatch - July 17
    BfA Launch - Aug 14

The shortest has been 4 weeks, no less, so either way something is breaking with this prepatch.
    There is no way blizzard is ever going to do anything differently than before! Therefore it is OBVIOUS that they're going to push back the release date.

(This is sarcasm. It feels terrible to have to clarify that)

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    There is no way blizzard is ever going to do anything differently than before! Therefore it is OBVIOUS that they're going to push back the release date.

(This is sarcasm. It feels terrible to have to clarify that)
    I'd prefer them breaking the 2 week announcement precedent over the 4 week prepatch precedent honestly, 3 weeks is too short.

I'd prefer them breaking the 2 week announcement precedent over the 4 week prepatch precedent honestly, 3 weeks is too short.
    I just want to play and gear my warlock and mage so i know what to play in shadowlands. I'd prefer having 4 weeks for that. Also i just cant wait for something new to happen in wow.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

i honestly doubt they would release the prepatch in the middle of brewfest since brewfest end on the 6th of October i think its safe to asume that its on the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i honestly doubt they would release the prepatch in the middle of brewfest since brewfest end on the 6th of October i think its safe to asume that its on the 6th
    Probably, though one can hope.

I'll just play Baldur's Gate 3 if it's the 6th.

Another interesting bit, the corruption vendor end its rotation on October 2nd, and the first Spreadsheet that data mined the rotation also ends on October 2nd.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2147060425

Everything is pointing towards October 6th.

Anybody knows where I can get the physical disc of the game? It's not in the collector's edition there's only the digital key on there..

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Anybody knows where I can get the physical disc of the game? It's not in the collector's edition there's only the digital key on there..
    Pretty sure starting with BfA there is no physical print discs. Maybe even legion, but i just remember this exact convo from BfA.

Blizzard kinda thinks they are the blizzard of old and that they are worth the wait... that was like 10 years ago.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapporius View Post
    Blizzard kinda thinks they are the blizzard of old and that they are worth the wait... that was like 10 years ago.
    Yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedren2069 View Post
    They just posted an update to Brewfest 2020. In the details it is said that items will have an ilvl of 425, and the Brewfest will last until 6 Oct. So this seems to be an indirect indication that the Pre-Patch won't be out before 7 Oct.
    I thought this same thing. However, those items would be squished automagically along with all the other items in the game. Its not like its an extra step for them. I think 8 days notice for end of season is still enough as well, does it break the mold of 12-14 days? Sure, but so would a 3 week pre-patch where they have typically been 4-6 weeks long. Of the options available, I hope for an 8 day season end notification and a 4 week long pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedren2069 View Post
    They just posted an update to Brewfest 2020. In the details it is said that items will have an ilvl of 425, and the Brewfest will last until 6 Oct. So this seems to be an indirect indication that the Pre-Patch won't be out before 7 Oct.
    This point was the first that made me think "holy crap we're waiting until october!" If Blizz are posting the item level of the event, that kinda calls the game to me. Jesus, that's a short pre-patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    This point was the first that made me think "holy crap we're waiting until october!" If Blizz are posting the item level of the event, that kinda calls the game to me. Jesus, that's a short pre-patch!
    I thought a similar thing at first. Now that I have had time to digest it, I honestly think they announced the item level so people could know if they wanted to bother with it or not, simple as that. Those items would just as easily squish down as any other items in the game, not a big deal. I think we are sitting upon two options.

#1 - 8 days notice for season end, 4 week pre-patch (Sept 29th)
    #2 - 3 week pre-patch, 12+ days notice for season end (Oct 6th)

If I think about it like this and put myself in Blizzard's shoes, I think that #1 is better. Either option breaks a "mold" so we can't say any one is more likely than the other. Unless there are some developmental reasons to delaying it another week, I think #1 is still possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone checked the "summoners" to see when they finish their cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Has anyone checked the "summoners" to see when they finish their cast?
    Wasn't this proven to have nothing to do with anything back in legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Communism View Post
    Well two weeks would be impossible by now. But 11 days is way too short, and it only gets shorter.
    we have had 11 days notice before. 11-14 is the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    how long are you playing wow ? when i look at this account creation time, not that long, i assume.

why i askin this ? bc otherwise you would know why they HAVE to give a approp warning time of 12-14 days before end of season. pro tip: read their EULA carefully and get a little bit knowledge of law and contracts rights. you will understand vey fast, why they do that in general and why they rather prefer a pre patch of 1 week, before ever give end of season warnings of 3 days. hint: pre patch is not part of any law affine stuff and a lawyer can do nothing against that. its completely on blizzards side, when and how to release the next xpac. this year or 2027. with or without a pre patch. of 1 week or 4 weeks. thats completely under blizzrads control and there are no user license agreements that have any term about this into it. season is not.
    You are literally coming up with things that dont exist.
    There is nothing in the EULA that forces Blizzard to give that warning for PvP seasons, and if you actually had gone through the trouble of looking through the history of end of season announcements, you would know that PLENTY of them were actually one week before (2 resets, usually announced monday and ending the next tuesday) the end of the season.

Hope I get more than 2 weeks to try out the new changes and decide class. Im one of the lucly few who will play one of the classes who acctually got some changes, lol