Poll: Fave allied race so far

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Most of them should just be cosmetic options for base races imo. Zandalari are my favorite, though.

Vulpera! Extra bag space is nice, the second custom hearth is super nice, and you get free entertainment from people whining about furries. Win-win!

Zandalari troll, I just wish I 1) had access to Mag'hari race set and 2) had toes covered.

Don't care that mag'hari heritage armor is for that race, it fits so many classes perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Fun fact: they are high elves, because blood elves are high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed 100%. I have railed against their stupid o_o eyes since the first time they were revealed.
    SL customization for Void Elves can make them look completely like high elves. Blue eyes, normal skin, normal hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Zandalari troll, I just wish I 1) had access to Mag'hari race set and 2) had toes covered.

Don't care that mag'hari heritage armor is for that race, it fits so many classes perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

SL customization for Void Elves can make them look completely like high elves. Blue eyes, normal skin, normal hair.
    I keep seeing people say this but they don't have normal hair colors or belf/helf hairstyles. I am on beta and I have the prepatch PTR installed - they were given the normal skin colors (including the new ones), blue eyes and an option to go bald. Otherwise the options are unchanged.

So unless Blizz is secretly withholding a bunch of options until the 11th hour of these updates, this is what we get.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I keep seeing people say this but they don't have normal hair colors or belf/helf hairstyles. I am on beta and I have the prepatch PTR installed - they were given the normal skin colors (including the new ones), blue eyes and an option to go bald. Otherwise the options are unchanged.

So unless Blizz is secretly withholding a bunch of options until the 11th hour of these updates, this is what we get.
    Hairstyle 5, 6, 8, 10 are normal hair without tentacles/glowy bits. The hair colours aren't perfect high elf but otherwise it's there.

If you look at skin colours and faces you'll notice some are greyed out, that's because they fit together face (1-8) with skin (1-6) for the classic void elf look and the rest are high elf looks. You can't choose face 1-8 with skin 7 or higher, creating an actual distinction between void elf and high elf.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    So which is your favourite allied race of the lot so far?
    Zandalari and Kul Tirans bring the best although I don’t really like the latter that much (druid forms are sick tho).
    I like the Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei as well.
    My main is Mag’har as of recently because of the brown skin customization and I like the brutality fluff, however I can’t forget they come from AU Draenor lore disgrace.
    S.H.

They're there. I made a high elf looking void elf on the ptr.

OT: Vulpera, they're the only AR that could've been added as an actual new race and it would've worked. The rest are cool though.
    I'm a thread killer.

I cannot believe 6 people voted Lightforged Draenei. Mind blown!

I believe that Allied Races was a success, so kudos to Blizzard for making them. I enjoyed progressing, anticipating, and unlocking them.

Horde

• Vulpera
    • Mag'har Orcs
    • Zandalari Trolls

Alliance

• Mechagnomes
    • Kul Tirans

I mainly play Horde, but Mechagnomes and Kul Tirans motivates me to play alliance as well. My current flavor of the month is Vulpera so that's the one I'm voting for.

I feel like nightborne should have been the slam dunk here - if Blizzard hadn’t shafted them.

15+ Year Old Account
    My favorites are DI Dwarves and Maghar Orcs. I really like them both a lot. Then maybe also add the Lightforge Dranei even though I haven't rolled one yet. The Kultiran are okay because since I started playing MMO's back in 2001, I've always liked big races for tanking.

Also, I'm speaking from a aesthetics point of view.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Hairstyle 5, 6, 8, 10 are normal hair without tentacles/glowy bits. The hair colours aren't perfect high elf but otherwise it's there.

If you look at skin colours and faces you'll notice some are greyed out, that's because they fit together face (1-8) with skin (1-6) for the classic void elf look and the rest are high elf looks. You can't choose face 1-8 with skin 7 or higher, creating an actual distinction between void elf and high elf.
    Huh... well how about that. I'm gonna check that out, I didn't notice the face/color lockout!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

void elf

i quit alliance because i wanted to be a blood elf but now i can play both factions

It was Nightborne at the start, but after they became playable, Void elves stole the show for me. I still love Nightborne, despite not liking how they did the male faces, but Void elves - just so much better.

If you ask me, Zandalari male is the night elf male having a lot of the horrible issues corrected.. they properly toned down the arms, gave a better waist/chest proportion while keeping it the slim but broad shouldered dope look.

The derpy stance is also much better on the Zandalari male (not so much the Nightborne male, although his is understandbly more posh/noble based.

And they don't have that horrible hands to face casting animation - they need to change that

Nightborne COULD have been the best...but they f'd it up with the weird mutant model and lack of everything that made Nightborne cool.

The Nightborne for sure. For interest. (Was a big fan of Suramar. Thalyssra is a pretty good little character.)

Now with all the love Void Elves are receiving. I hope they will show the Nightborne the same amount of love. So maybe we can start enjoying them properly.