Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The issue though is that you're supposed to be just focusing on one expansion to level up to 'complete that story' but you've not going to do that if as soon as you've finished the levelling zones, you just skip off to Shadowlands anyway and leave the 'Big Bad' of the story you've been following behind.

Daily quests can be tweaked to make them into leveling quests and end game zones have a similar number of quests already in them. In Legion - Val'sharah has just under 400 quests in it, whereas Suramar has just under 500 quests for example. Even in BfA, unlocking Nazjatar and the Visions of N'Zoth questline could and should be part of the levelling experience.

Ideally, if they were doing this 'properly' Blizz could also give an option of a single player scenerio that would be an alternative to a full raid with a reduced number of bosses in there (2 or 3 main ones per the old raid?) as well as leave the actual raids as level 50 content.

Does it matter...? Shadowlands is coming, less than 2 months...

2 expansions old content has usually been a snoozefest, the cutoff period for when any old casual can do it vs people applying some strategy. Not sure why that would change.

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Simple question: will it be easier to farm old raids like mythic nighthold now with all this corruption etc or will it actually get harder once shadowlands releases and we lose corruption even though we gain levels etc, like first tier of shadowlands in December?
    It is not only a new expansion but its also a stat squish so expect some headaches early on with bad scaling and bugs but within a few months after launch or by .1 patch the latest, it should be way easier than now.

I don't understand why they don't just make all old raids level 50 and make them all as easy as the easiest raids are currently on live. I have no idea why the previous 1-2 expansions have to be nigh impossible with this new system in place.

Previous squishes saw Blizzard go back and 'fix' older raids that were proven to be an issue to solo.
    Is there any reason to believe Blizzard will not do the same this time? Any communication to that effect at all?

Yes some raids/bosses will be impossible at the start because of the scaling formula or something being off. Remember this is not developers changing everything by hand, its an automated process apply a formula to all values, things will be off and over time Blizzard will manually fix issues.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    At Level 50
    ICC mobs are level 30. Bosses die as fast as they do on live. Naxx mobs are 34... No idea why.
    Dragon Soul mobs are level 35. Bosses die as fast as they do on live.
    HFC mobs are level 40. Bosses die as fast as they do on live. Blackrock Foundry mobs are level 41... Again, no idea why.
    Goroth in HFC Mythic is simply undoable. The damage is way too high to manage as a Warrior if I'm trying to just brute force my way through it.
    tomb mythic i believe you mean =) but i get what you were trying to say ^^ Goroth is a ball ache for non pet classes or classes with immunities. I'm looking forward to going through all mythic legion raids as the transmogs you get are really baddass =D

3+ Year Old Account
    Will Battle for Dazar'alor be farmable/soloable in Shadowlands?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Mythic botanist will always 1shot you , like highmaul butcher it's a dps race . You'll probably have enough dmg to kill it in shadowlands

Currently it's harder. I've tried lv60 Tomb of Sargeras Mythic, It can't be done. But I think they will fix this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Mythic botanist will always 1shot you , like highmaul butcher it's a dps race . You'll probably have enough dmg to kill it in shadowlands
    I've solo'd all of Mythic Nighthold and Tomb, 465 Ret paladin.

Edit: Tomb up to Avatar, who I haven't pulled, simply because I don't need Mog. Might be doable honestly, DPS right now is insane thanks to corruption.

Once the tuning issues are fixed with the new squish, it will be easier hands down at new level cap.

I just did it 5 minutes before typing this post. You just kill the Arcanist first so he doesn't stack the debuff on you to crazy amounts. Perfectly doable. You might need heroic/mythic ilvl gear from 8.3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It's hard to say, but even if, it will be closer to the end of SL patch cycle.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-09-20 at 10:33 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Solo'd bostanist some months ago as BDK (before you could target corruptions) - as you say, the damage is increasing to absurd amounts. Had luck that I killed him right when I was < 3% for multiple seconds. Still, even as tank it is possible right now. I imagine that DD, that know their shit, are beating them quite easily.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-20 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Going to be hard since BfA content wont fall under the legacy content buff.
    Maybe later on in Shadowlands.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

Edit: Tomb up to Avatar, who I haven't pulled, simply because I don't need Mog. Might be doable honestly, DPS right now is insane thanks to corruption.
    okay yes , done it myself on my pala . Considerably easier than on my dh with bubble resetting the stacks
    still krosus wears me down with his stacks , don't have enough dmg to kill it at 465, no fancy corruptions.
    Last edited by valax; 2020-09-20 at 11:51 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Going to be hard since BfA content wont fall under the legacy content buff.
    Maybe later on in Shadowlands.
    I just want to do Normal mode so I can finish my mog, so it should be that hard, but even so, I'll just bring a few couple other people along
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I did some testing, and my mage has half the output (relative to mob health) after pre-patch than before pre-patch. That's taking corruption effects off in both.

So until you get to level 60, it is going to be harder at 50 than at 120.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

[QUOTE=thunderdragon2;52660287]

mythic avatar isnt even soloable for me on my ilvl 475 bm hunter, i tryed to solo goroth on beta and he 2 shot me and ignored my pets

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=thunderdragon2;52660291]
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

mythic avatar isnt even soloable for me on my ilvl 475 bm hunter, i tryed to solo goroth on beta and he 2 shot me and ignored my pets
    I do love a solo challenge. Like I said I didn't even pull him because all I was there for was mog, but next time I clear to him I'll give it a shot. Probably won't go well at all, but hey.

I'm not really surprised the beta is weird, honestly they probably don't want/need people testing mog runs so it's probably just super messed up. If it's anything like uhhh, Legion? prepatch it might be messed up a bit on release but if it's majorly jacked they'll fix it fast like they did before.

[QUOTE=Jazzhands;52661105]
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    I do love a solo challenge. Like I said I didn't even pull him because all I was there for was mog, but next time I clear to him I'll give it a shot. Probably won't go well at all, but hey.

I'm not really surprised the beta is weird, honestly they probably don't want/need people testing mog runs so it's probably just super messed up. If it's anything like uhhh, Legion? prepatch it might be messed up a bit on release but if it's majorly jacked they'll fix it fast like they did before.
    i hope so im currently farming mog on live and i just cant solo tomb mythic curently it'll be the only pre bfa mog variant i cant obtain on my own or at all atm as people avoid mythic kil'jaden.

i also like collecting mounts and since i dont have the skip yet i cant solo mythic antorus as imonar is unpassable due to the 20 second sleep for the sleep canasters that come every 13 seconds.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

last time I did Mythic Gul'dan it was basically impossible with all those parasites. that being said, it's been a couple of patches since I tried