Thread: Classic-BC

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's no reason NOT to do TBC. It's literally a massive pile of free money waiting to be collected.

Run classic vanilla servers the same way private servers have been doing, with "fresh" servers every two years or so, and make separate TBC classic realms. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    There's no reason NOT to do TBC. It's literally a massive pile of free money waiting to be collected.

Run classic vanilla servers the same way private servers have been doing, with "fresh" servers every two years or so, and make separate TBC classic realms. Easy.
    Would you be able to xfer your classic character to tbc? if so, how would you control the economy? Is that character moved off the classic realm, or copied over?

Would you just start with fresh lvl 58s? If so, would that appeal to someone who has spent the previous months gearing their classic toon and getting gold / consumables?

If its a fresh realm, would you start at lvl 1, lvl 58, or lvl 60?

How would you deal with those who dont want the server to reset? That doesnt fit the "museum" philosophy for classic that Blizzard have spoken about.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-09-17 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So I originally thought that Classic was going to be a Evergreen version of Classic forever. There was never going to be a BC or Wrath, and so on.

However, for awhile now I’ve heard people talking about Classic BC and WOWhead has data mined a model of a Outland dragon pet.

So have I always been wrong or did they change their position on Classic? Is Classic simply starting over and marching forward just like retail just 15 years behind.
    Blizzard has stated from the very beginning that to them 'classic' is the version of WoW of old talent trees. So, Vanilla/TBC/Wrath .. They have said this in one of the Blizzcons years ago so sorry I can't link that clip.

Nothing official has been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Blizzard has stated from the very beginning that to them 'classic' is the version of WoW of old talent trees. So, Vanilla/TBC/Wrath .. They have said this in one of the Blizzcons years ago so sorry I can't link that clip.
    It makes sense though, and I agree with that. Old talent trees and old world before Cataclysm took everything to shitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Would you be able to xfer your classic character to tbc? if so, how would you control the economy? Is that character moved off the classic realm, or copied over?
    Were it me, I'd allow a one time copy from Classic to TBC. No 2nd copy, no copying from TBC to Classic even if the character on TBC was 60 or under. Why? Well, 1) Very few people will do TBC if they have to toss away everything from classic and start at 1. I know I wouldn't and 2) the copy (vs transfer) allows people to login and play with friends in Classic if they want to.

Would you just start with fresh lvl 58s? If so, would that appeal to someone who has spent the previous months gearing their classic toon and getting gold / consumables?
    No premade 58s. Just treat this like TBC was, as much as possible. If you want to copy your classic toon, see above. Want to start a new character (e.g. a horde pally or alliance shaman)? Do what we had to do in TBC... start from level 1.

How would you deal with those who dont want the server to reset? That doesnt fit the "museum" philosophy for classic that Blizzard have spoken about.
    Which is why I don't see them resetting Classic servers. I don't get the appeal anyway... I've spent thousands of hours over 2+ years leveling my toon, gearing it, doing a ton of stuff... and all that gets wiped? why would I be ok with that? If someone wants to level from 1, they can.

I can‘t wait for BC Classic since that was the state World of Warcraft should‘ve launch. Vanilla was pretty much long beta for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    2.4.3 but without the encounter nerfs or attunement nerfs -- i'd like to see those integrated in phases. I'd also like to see some early raids released in phases, even though they weren't in original TBC.

As an added and unrelated thing, I would see the racials balanced better to avoid gross faction imbalance, even though that is a drastic change from how the game was in the day.

Pretty much how Classic was released, or not, I really don't care, just hand it over!

it would be quite strange if t5 isn't available at launch since t4 only has like 3x 25 man bosses. maulgar, grull and magtheridon. which doesn't really seem like a whole lot of raid content. I know t5 was largely bugged the first time around but it seems like it was meant to be there, getting attuned to ssc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it would be quite strange if t5 isn't available at launch since t4 only has like 3x 25 man bosses. maulgar, grull and magtheridon. which doesn't really seem like a whole lot of raid content. I know t5 was largely bugged the first time around but it seems like it was meant to be there, getting attuned to ssc etc.
    Its tricky,it is very posible that blizz will not release t5 at the start,we have seen them make changes in classic that they said would preserve the original intent,when they released tbc originaly,they intented for t4 to last for some time as it ended up doing,but today t4 wont last one reset,it will literaly be a dead tier set..so im fairly confident they will delay t5

I don't think anyone wants to smash their faces against the impossible versions of Morogrim (permanent immune elementals) and Kael (kills all of your healers as soon as he becomes active), and I doubt that anyone is truly interested in dealing with the broken/untuned versions of the rest of the fights. Start SSC at patch 2.0.10 (where the fights were finalized as far as mechanics and basic tuning went) and TK at whichever version had a killable Al'ar and a reduced health Solarian. Vashj and Kael'thas should both start off with their 2.1.0 versions, since those were the ones that were actually killable.

Note: Vashj was killed pre-2.1.0, but the fight was exceedingly difficult and required either a raid group with 15 extra warlocks sitting out (for their soulstones) or Nihilum shenanigans that no one was ever able to reproduce. The fight was broken and shouldn't be implemented in that state.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2020-09-21 at 03:33 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

They will go with a 2.4.3 version, I don't see current Blizzard go through patches and dealing with all the bugs TBC had. My only hope is that they buff the bosses properly, because T4/T5 content was a fucking joke by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they could release them a few weeks apart, as in, T4 available at release it 2 weeks after release, then T5 2 week/a month afterwards or something. Going to be a tough one for them to decide.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard will release both T4 and T5 together. They will timegate it as they did with Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I don't think Blizzard will release both T4 and T5 together. They will timegate it as they did with Classic.
    Difference was that in Classic that this how content was released and Blizzard simply took that as guideline.

Obviously, i don't think (or rather, hope) that they'll do it because it's going to shorten the lifespan of TBC by a lot (not to mention it will screw over Arena), but the most authentic approach would be that any content from Karazhan to Hyjal is open on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

I rly dont understand how people prefer classic over tbc,i know they do,we have seen it with private server numbers,but what is it?the only thing i can see in tbc being bad is flying,everything else is improved...a much better pvp system and gearing,better classes,better customization with sokets and itemization,much better raiding

Yeah me either. TBC is bascially vanilla WoW, but better in pretty much every aspect. I would much rather be playing TBC right now than vanilla.

I doubt they would just do away with Classic.. but we also have no official word for both classic or TBC. My personal opinion is they will have classic resets (kinda like having ladder and non-ladder realms) and for TBC you will just pick a toon you want to use. Personally I'm super excited for TBC, but it's really all up in the air on what they're going to do

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    They will go with a 2.4.3 version, I don't see current Blizzard go through patches and dealing with all the bugs TBC had. My only hope is that they buff the bosses properly, because T4/T5 content was a fucking joke by then.
    You already know they won't.
    There was not attempt at rebalance for Classic, no reason to believe they will do it differently this time.