Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So dumb question- should we be taking the Chargers a bit more seriously as a contender this year if they can hold the Chiefs into OT? I didn't see anything but the last five minutes of regulation, just the impression I got mixed with what I already know about both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    So dumb question- should we be taking the Chargers a bit more seriously as a contender this year if they can hold the Chiefs into OT? I didn't see anything but the last five minutes of regulation, just the impression I got mixed with what I already know about both teams.
    Herbert looked good-ish.

Dunno. It's all up in the air in that division, though with Drew lock out 2-6 weeks now Denver looks like the clear loser in that division.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating around 115 through two games. Good thing they have that succession plan all worked out...

By the way, his 4 year contract extension just started this year! They're locked in for 2 more years, then have to eat 19 million in dead money to get rid of him in year 3.

Oh, and Jordan Love threw 20 tds and 17 interceptions in 13 games last year. For a team in the Mountain West conference. Hmmm...
    I'm more impressed by the fact Rodgers is playing this good with basically the same cast of nobodies as last year. Maybe, just maybe, the Packers were right to trust in development rather than draft a WR.

Or it's just teams are forced to sell out to stop Aaron Jones and it's leaving guys open up top.

- - - Updated - - -

Contender to make the playoffs? Maybe.

Contender to make the Super Bowl? Nah, that's still KC and Baltimore's to fight over.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Chiefs are actually not a team that dominates. They were getting blown out by the Texans in the first round at one point. They were getting beat by the Titans in the AFC title game at one point. They were trailing the 49ers in the Super Bowl in the 4th quarter by 2 scores. What the Chiefs have is Patrick Mahomes, who tends to go on tilt at some point in the game and pile up touchdowns to erase a load of mistakes by the team. He is a cheat code.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I expected to see the Seattle just trounce the Patriots, they didn't.

I am happy with the result. Even though I would be happier with a win.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Looks like Bosa might be out for the season with a possible torn ACL. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...over-patriots/

Looks like Giants' RB Saquan Barkley might have also torn his ACL.

Courtland Sutton is done for the year. Turns out having to compensate for a messed up shoulder can cause other injuries. Who would have thought.

Lock is out 2-6 weeks. If Wilkinson stays at RT Brett Rypien is going to end up starting by then.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vikings season comes down to game 3. A loss, and I'd expect to see Zimmer in the hot seat. Lot of money tied up in Cousins, who averaged $1,000 a yard and a $100,000 per completion yesterday. #MustBeRough
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Vikings season comes down to game 3. A loss, and I'd expect to see Zimmer in the hot seat. Lot of money tied up in Cousins, who averaged $1,000 a yard and a $100,000 per completion yesterday. #MustBeRough
    If I understand correctly, cutting Cousins would result in something like $40 million in dead money. Plus they just extended both Spielman and Zimmer.

Honestly, my only hope is that they tank real bad, convince Cousins to renegotiate his contract to free up cap room, pick up Lawrence but have him sit a year while Cousins plays out the rest of his contract, then get rid of all 3 and rebuild with a new coach and GM around Lawrence.

The only comfort from the game yesterday is it got all of the folks who kept saying that the offense was fine and the defense is why we lost to the Packers to admit they were wrong. I knew when they signed Cousins he'd be a lead necklace for the team. The amount they had to pay him was no where near the performance they'd get, and it'd lead to salary cap issues that would cripple the team for the next few years. Sure enough that's exactly what happened, and now they're paying for an Aaron Rodgers and getting a Matt Cassell.

*EDIT*

Just looked it up, the only way they don't pay a stupid amount of money to cut Cousin's before the 21-22 offseason is if they can trade him to another team by June 1st so they only have $10 million in dead cap money. And if they wait until June 1st, then it goes from $41 mil to an absurd $60 mil in dead cap.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2020-09-21 at 05:49 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    If I understand correctly, cutting Cousins would result in something like $40 million in dead money. Plus they just extended both Spielman and Zimmer.

Honestly, my only hope is that they tank real bad, convince Cousins to renegotiate his contract to free up cap room, pick up Lawrence but have him sit a year while Cousins plays out the rest of his contract, then get rid of all 3 and rebuild with a new coach and GM around Lawrence.

The only comfort from the game yesterday is it got all of the folks who kept saying that the offense was fine and the defense is why we lost to the Packers to admit they were wrong. I knew when they signed Cousins he'd be a lead necklace for the team. The amount they had to pay him was no where near the performance they'd get, and it'd lead to salary cap issues that would cripple the team for the next few years. Sure enough that's exactly what happened, and now they're paying for an Aaron Rodgers and getting a Matt Cassell.

*EDIT*

Just looked it up, the only way they don't pay a stupid amount of money to cut Cousin's before the 21-22 offseason is if they can trade him to another team by June 1st so they only have $10 million in dead cap money. And if they wait until June 1st, then it goes from $41 mil to an absurd $60 mil in dead cap.
    Agreed. It's ugly situation for a Vikes fan. Your thoughts on Cousins mirror my own. Perfect situation, he's a stat machine but not a game winner. With an average line, he's exposed as immobile, unaware, and indecisive.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Agreed. It's ugly situation for a Vikes fan. Your thoughts on Cousins mirror my own. Perfect situation, he's a stat machine but not a game winner. With an average line, he's exposed as immobile, unaware, and indecisive.
    If you want a good cry-laugh, here are some takes that either have not aged well or should have been a big red flag regarding Cousins (and our backup, Mannion)

https://www.downtownrams.com/single-...arterback-d72/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-kirk-cousins

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/202...-as-13th-best/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There’s still no reason to waste a pick on a qb there.
    Oh no full agree, especially with Rodgers playing like this. But there are other positions they could have shored up. Maybe OLine. Or continue to bulk up that defense.

McCaffrey is out a while with a high ankle sprain. Who didn't get hurt this weekend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    McCaffrey is out a while with a high ankle sprain. Who didn't get hurt this weekend?
    The Chiefs. But they got spooked by the Chargers so I don't think they're getting a bump.

Buffalo...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Is it true Vegas has a team playing on national TV tonight?
    Yep! I've haven't been this excited since I saw them in London.

I mean we shit the bed in that game, but details!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    stadium looks like a hockey puck
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone tell the Raiders that they are allowed to tackle Saints. It's just a name, they are not actual saints, you can put them on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, he's out cold.

Maybe he just had the wind knocked out of him, seems relatively OK now

- - - Updated - - -

Most convoluted PAT ever
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-09-22 at 12:42 AM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think our defence is in Caesar's.

- - - Updated - - -

So's our offensive line.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So's our offensive line.
    Those last 2 sacks were ENTIRELY on Carr. Get rid of the ball.