15+ Year Old Account

Graphical upgrades?

So, besides added Ray Tracing which will destroy performance (or maybe not since WoW is more CPU intensive than GPU), what else is there?

I understand you can't ask much out of a 16-17 year old game, but I myself am craving for WoW-quality MMORPG with modern graphics.
    WoW still looks "okay", but the blurry, stretched textures make me sick.

No need to upgrade WoWs graphics tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So, besides added Ray Tracing which will destroy performance (or maybe not since WoW is more CPU intensive than GPU), what else is there?

I understand you can't ask much out of a 16-17 year old game, but I myself am craving for WoW-quality MMORPG with modern graphics.
    WoW still looks "okay", but the blurry, stretched textures make me sick.
    Havent looked to much in into the technical side of it but the zones look SO much better on the beta than anything else they have done in the past. Notably revendreth buildings and castles and shit look super clean. Bastion looks amazing and the zone/covenant hall has almost single handedly made me want to play kyrian. Its definently a step up from bfa on ultra vs ultra.

They should add at least a new quality level for textures, because as you said there are some of them, even new ones, that look absurdly blurry for a 2020 game.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mesh quality and general environmental details as well as utilization of lighting effects seems to be getting the usual "upgrade". On the more technical side I don't think there's any more "levels" to pick from the in the graphics options apart from enabling ray tracing.

From what i've heard and seen from content creators, new zones are visually stunning. The world is way more lively, with tones of things moving around (animals on ground and in air, botanics, certain particles). There was some form of graphical evolution for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    My overclocked 2080ti is currently at a constant 100% bottlenecking my 10700k, so don't think think it's necessarily cpu bound

If you're looking to improve graphic setting above the standard max there are dozens of console commands, let alone things like reshade, upscaling and Nvidia inspector.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    My overclocked 2080ti is currently at a constant 100% bottlenecking my 10700k, so don't think think it's necessarily cpu bound

If you're looking to improve graphic setting above the standard max there are dozens of console commands, let alone things like reshade, upscaling and Nvidia inspector.
    Is that with Ray Tracing on?
    I also have 2080Ti, but I will be upgrading to something around 3080 or better when all the cards are on the table.