Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

Any word on pre-patch?

Any word on the pre-patch? The expansion is coming up pretty quickly. I can't seem to find the patch date anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Any word on the pre-patch? The expansion is coming up pretty quickly. I can't seem to find the patch date anywhere.
    Usually, Blizzard gives a 2-week notice before any pre-patch releases. Since we didn't get anything by now I'll have to guess that the pre-patch landing in September has pretty much gone, which means that we may have an October 6-7 pre-patch. But then again it's all just speculation, from my side at least.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

seeing as brewfest ends october 6th, that would be my guess.

They will probably announce it tomorrow for next week and piss the PvP players off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Usually, Blizzard gives a 2-week notice before any pre-patch releases. Since we didn't get anything by now I'll have to guess that the pre-patch landing in September has pretty much gone, which means that we may have an October 6-7 pre-patch. But then again it's all just speculation, from my side at least.
    3 week pre-patch is not reasonable I expect they will just piss off the tiny PvP player base to make the PvE players happy since we are Legion, we are many!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I'd guess that it will be 6th of October or 13th of October.

Not much of a guess really, no other real options

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

According to details of Brewfest, going on from now until 6 October. Item drops from the event boss will be ilvl 425. Which is indirect indicator that no patch until at least 6 Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They will probably announce it tomorrow for next week and piss the PvP players off.

- - - Updated - - -

3 week pre-patch is not reasonable I expect they will just piss off the tiny PvP player base to make the PvE players happy since we are Legion, we are many!
    Why would that piss PvPers off? Is there anyone at this point that doesnt realize pre-patch/end of season is coming soon?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

?

Will likely be the 2 week warning tomorrow.. similar to most prepatches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    ?

Will likely be the 2 week warning tomorrow.. similar to most prepatches.
    3 weeks for pre-patch seems like not enough to me, I don't think it has ever been that short.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we have one day without some thread about prepatch date, its obviously the 29th/30th at this point.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Can we have one day without some thread about prepatch date, its obviously the 29th/30th at this point.
    It‘s the 21st and Blizzard hasn’t said anything about pre-patch next week, so it’s obviously not the 29th.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

3 weeks for pre-patch seems like not enough to me, I don't think it has ever been that short.
    The prepatch event is barely an event. It could be 2 weeks long & be absolutely fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It‘s the 21st and Blizzard hasn’t said anything about pre-patch next week, so it’s obviously not the 29th.
    Oh ye, because they never before announced a prepatch only 3-4 days before it got released.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    they gave a 2 weeks warning before that..."legion season 7 ending soon" then 10+ days after the prepatch date. we didn't even have a warning yet. pre patch 13 or 20 of october given the current state of class tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The prepatch event is barely an event. It could be 2 weeks long & be absolutely fine.
    It isn't about that, it is about learning all the new stuff and getting characters ready for Shadowlands, I have 4 to get leveled and ready as most are doing the same and it will be much faster after the squish, 1 char per cov.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gedren2069 View Post
    According to details of Brewfest, going on from now until 6 October. Item drops from the event boss will be ilvl 425. Which is indirect indicator that no patch until at least 6 Oct.
    While I agree with the dates lining up and also think it's the 6th, I'm...immensely curious as to how ilvl plays into it, as it'd just squish down anyway. The same way any other ilvl 425 loot.

One week of pre-patch is more than enough. Why would you need more time?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    29th September or 6th October. probably the latter

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    One week of pre-patch is more than enough. Why would you need more time?
    To get all my characters geared out and ready to go and do everything on all 4 of them lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel