Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    They also haven't split a prepatch into 2 parts before this expansion, so they're doing things a little differently this time anyway.
    Cataclysm says hello. 4.0.3 brought class and system changes and pre-shattering event, but didn't change the world. EK and Kalimdor were altered in 4.0.3a, which released few weeks before expansion proper.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Why? They gave a date for the expansion not the patch and announcing a patch delay would reflect poorly on the expansion itself.

Delaying the patch, despite the testing differences this round of PTR/Beta, does still fit here if they feel like they really just need more time.
    Ahhh misunderstood, thought you meant the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Cataclysm says hello. 4.0.3 brought class and system changes and pre-shattering event, but didn't change the world. EK and Kalimdor were altered in 4.0.3a, which released few weeks before expansion proper.
    You know, I completely forgot about Cataclysm.

Okay, so they've done it before but that was also for another expansion with pretty big changes to the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Gonna take my ole pessimist approach.

We don't have a date because it's delayed. Its no secret how um...incomplete the Maw is and class balance is right there with it.

I wouldn't put it past them to delay it till the 6th or later.

Now I also would be nicely surprised if it comes out next week. But who knows.
    postponing prepatch doesnt postpone release date.

all actual shadowlands content wont be available until release anyway, thats why they have 2 seperate patches (1 for liove 1 for beta)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    My personal theory that 100% won't come true: we're getting a fourth Afterlives trailer/a cinematic trailer featuring the Jailer and they're going to announce it then.

Basically, for dramatic effect.

But more realistically, because we're only going to get 2-3 weeks of prepatch
    While I don't really agree with the part about a 4th Afterlives...could happen...I totally agree with the short pre-patch. I mean seriously...2 weeks of boring ghouls and 1 week of changes is plenty enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I think they would have announced it already it is delayed.
    Why? It’s vice versa. If it would be ready they had already announced it.

They don’t have to announce a delay for something that didn’t even have a release date yet.

Edit: I saw you were talking about the expansion and not the pre-patch, so nevermind.

It still feels so unreal that Shadowlands is planned to launch in 5 weeks.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Hi all, casual fan here just wondered if any of you could answer something for me based on data mines and so on

I mainly play WoW for the story and really enjoy playing as horde which I have done since TBC. I didn’t enjoy BFA because it felt like the Horde were hit by the villain bat for a second time (I don’t like Garrosh or Sylvanas and it was frustrating to have to go along with their plans. This especially stung since the Alliance has been portrayed as pretty much flawless, without any internal conflict, just coming in to save the day. Loads of Horde leaders get killed off whereas Alliance leaders other than Varian seem to just stick around with no changes.

I was wondering if, based on the data mining so far, it looked like the Horde’s story may be less villainous in Shadowlands? On the flip side, are there big hints at Alliance conflicts or is it more ‘Tyrande is angry until Sylvanas dies in 9.3’ stuff?

Thanks for taking the time to answer - I had a look on wowhead but their news search function isn’t great

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Cata actually had 3 phases incredibly enough. 2 weeks of only system changes, 2 weeks of elemental unrest event and retaking Gnomeregan/Echo isles, followed again by the usual 4 weeks pre-patch with all the bells and whistles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    While I don't really agree with the part about a 4th Afterlives...could happen...I totally agree with the short pre-patch. I mean seriously...2 weeks of boring ghouls and 1 week of changes is plenty enough time.
    It isnt so much an issue whether it is enough content for 2 weeks, but rather whether 2 weeks is an acceptable time for a limited time, exclusive event.

Blizzard doesnt just have to take in account the players who are online an hour a day or something. They have to consider whether making the pre-patch so short causes someone who really wanted to join to be locked out because of events out of their control.

Sure, it likely isnt many for whom this is the case, but with enough bad buzz the event might get tainted, and this isnt just a fun thing randomly added, this is primetime advertising they are risking.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    BlizzConline™ 19–20 February

https://blizzcon.com/en-gb/news/23513935
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Probably not exactly new stuff, but I do find it interesting that Blizzard changed the Torghast intro questline to not show Baine as such a pathetic wuss. I guess there was a line even they were not ready to cross when it came to beating him down, but it seems that line did not include the Jailer throwing him out for being worthless to even torture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Really nice, I wonder what the rewards will be or even if there will be rewards at all.

And I guess they chose to have it that late so they could properly show something about 9.2 and maybe 9.3 like they did for BfA and Legion.

Though that being said I wonder if they are planning to have a regular Blizzcon November 2021, online or otherwise, it would afterall be where they would normally announce WoW 10.0, but it seems like it might be a bit much for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Not surprised, although it's still nice to hear they're planning something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably not exactly new stuff, but I do find it interesting that Blizzard changed the Torghast intro questline to not show Baine as such a pathetic wuss. I guess there was a line even they were not ready to cross when it came to beating him down, but it seems that line did not include the Jailer throwing him out for being worthless to even torture.
    I think they've given up on ever trying to make Baine's pacifism out as cool. It isn't, the fans don't like him at all and never will, so outside of straight up killing him they'll at least try to make him respectable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think they've given up on ever trying to make Baine's pacifism out as cool. It isn't, the fans don't like him at all and never will, so outside of straight up killing him they'll at least try to make him respectable.
    I don't think thats really related to anything. People screaming on forums isn't the majority. This "Pacifism" is barely even shown, Baine isn't really an important character(Sadly) he gets used but then disappeared fast kinda like Anduin.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think thats really related to anything. People screaming on forums isn't the majority.
    I would say no opinion whatsoever from majority fans + vocal outcry from minority fans = tipping into "disliked character" margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think thats really related to anything. People screaming on forums isn't the majority. This "Pacifism" is barely even shown, Baine isn't really an important character(Sadly) he gets used but then disappeared fast kinda like Anduin.
    My guess is that Baine gets it so bad because he is like Anduin except:

1. On the Horde, where quite a few like being the villains.
    2. Is the replacement for Cairne.
    3. Doesnt have anything really going for him except pacifism.

Anduin at least has a theoretical good arc that the writers just refuse to actually show and a potential for drama once the Alliance either implodes from a desire to kill the Horde or once we get to the Tyrannical Light storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, as I pointed out above, he is kinda the proto-Anduin, except lacking all the intriguing prospects Anduin has like trying to be both a priest of the light and a king of Stormwind.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I think we can expect 9.1 reveal on some random post/video in December or even November and Blizzcon online release date and 9.1.5/9.2 info. So business as usual.

Although if Blizzcon '21 will happen regular way on November, next expac reveal will be veeery early.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Ok, I think we can expect 9.1 reveal on some random post/video in December or even November and Blizzcon online release date and 9.1.5/9.2 info. So business as usual.

Although if Blizzcon '21 will happen regular way on November, next expac reveal will be veeery early.
    It wouldnt even be that early, only a month or two compared to Shadowlands. I would say the problem is more with information density of getting 9.2 and possibly 9.3 info less than a year before 10.0.

All in all I would say it depends on what they want 10.0 to be. If they just want it to be another expansion and nothing more then I don't think it would work, though I think if they want to go more ambitious then undercutting Shadowlands could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that Baine gets it so bad because he is like Anduin except:

1. On the Horde, where quite a few like being the villains.
    2. Is the replacement for Cairne.
    3. Doesnt have anything really going for him except pacifism.

Anduin at least has a theoretical good arc that the writers just refuse to actually show and a potential for drama once the Alliance either implodes from a desire to kill the Horde or once we get to the Tyrannical Light storyline.
    I think people put too much emphasis on the Alliance needs conflict, its lazy. Anduin and Baine are likeable but people on here outside of this thread may not but its mostly cause they aren't acting like brutes. I don't know why they changed the storyline in Torghast relating to Baine being thrown, I barely heard anything of how Baine was treated. Its just kinda vexing that characters get shafted and not used or just goes into an arc...that goes nowhere(BFA but I can sorta forgive that since BFA didn't really go the way Blizzard wanted).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I have a feeling that Shadowlands may be shorter, or be treated as "filler" (loaded word with negativity but only in regards to the future expansion) in comparison to BFA and 10.0, given how with everything included in 9.0 you can make an entire expansion. It's not like Legion Broken Isles where Argus/Broken Shore is missing or incomplete or BFA where N'zoth and Azshara were obvious hooks: if they WANTED to, you could waltz into the Maw in 9.1 and kill Sylvanas/Kel/Jailer at the top of Torghast right there if Blizz wanted. They even have the armor sets and weapons for all the zones.

Given that, if 10.0 is indeed some kind of big expansion with Alliance Drama and some version of a world revamp (highly likely considering they have Turalyon saying as much when you click him) I can see them announcing it sooner than later, yeah.

I have a feeling that Shadowlands may be shorter, or be treated as "filler" (loaded word with negativity but only in regards to the future expansion) in comparison to BFA and 10.0, given how with everything included in 9.0 you can make an entire expansion. It's not like Legion Broken Isles where Argus/Broken Shore is missing or incomplete or BFA where N'zoth and Azshara were obvious hooks: if they WANTED to, you could waltz into the Maw in 9.1 and kill Sylvanas/Kel/Jailer at the top of Torghast right there if Blizz wanted. They even have the armor sets and weapons for all the zones.

Given that, if 10.0 is indeed some kind of big expansion with Alliance Drama and some version of a world revamp (highly likely considering they have Turalyon saying as much when you click him) I can see them announcing it sooner than later, yeah.
    Shadowlands definitely feels like a filler, though I doubt Blizzard would intentionally cut it short in any way. Though I did have a theory that the lack of class changes and such could be because Blizzard is planning on making 10.0 a very extensive revamp of the game. Not necessarily a world revamp (though I hope so) but rather a revamp to how the game plays, possibly to make it more like the RPG it once was. With Shadowlands being the test to see if they can manage ot reintroduce RPG elements like meaningful choices, and also scale back loot drops.