View Poll Results: Will you remain in classic when TBC comes out?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.32%
  • No

312 72.73%
  • I don't know

47 10.96%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Did somebody say TBC? I'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Did somebody say TBC? I'll be there!
    Omg im so hyped already!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Nobody will remain in classic, not depending on whether tbc releases or not.
    Statements like this make me scratch my head. I truly am baffled.

Yes, some people will remain in classic. There's a reason private servers for Classic are still going, because there will always be a demand for just vanilla. What, you think 100% of the people who voted 'yes' in this poll will also abandon Classic when it gets quiet? No. Blizzard will consolidate who is left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Fuck the mentality people have in classic
    Exactly this.

The elitist community seems to be ruining classic. They litterly expect you to grind hours every single day just to utterly faceroll already trivial content. More and more guilds are becoming like this sadly.

It is quite amazing how toxic world buffs and excessive consumable use are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    What's this? I thought everybody wanted Vanilla and were going to play it for years and years.
    We wanted vanilla but got classic. Classic is good but it isnt vanilla!

I'll continue alternating between shadowlands (assuming it will be decent) and classic, I have no interest in TBC. Unpopular, and completely my own opinion, but I didn't like TBC for various reasons, which I won't go into now, not worth hijacking the thread.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    I'll continue alternating between shadowlands (assuming it will be decent) and classic, I have no interest in TBC. Unpopular, and completely my own opinion, but I didn't like TBC for various reasons, which I won't go into now, not worth hijacking the thread.
    You there! please come forward! TBC was the ultimatum of a period in WoW!

Classic was fun for like 2 months and then it got old and boring real real quick.
    I'm certain TBC will be exactly the same, i'll try it, do some raids, realize how shit it is compared to retail and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Classic was fun for like 2 months and then it got old and boring real real quick.
    I'm certain TBC will be exactly the same, i'll try it, do some raids, realize how shit it is compared to retail and move on.
    Aha! Cata kid spotted, yoink yoink.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    You have to think about the financial aspect in all of this too. Blizzard wont have 40 classic servers running in parallel to TBC servers, when by and large its the same playerbase that is getting split up. Current classic servers will just be barren wastelands after TBC hits. The vast majority will be done and dusted with classic when naxx has run its course.
    You do realize its 2020 and there is no 40 physical servers anymore? It's all virtualized in one big cluster. Adding 20 new servers won't really be an extra cost like it was back in the day and once they're empty, it doesn't matter either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    Aha! Cata kid spotted, yoink yoink.
    I started late tbc but w/e.
    Cata was a great expansion and so was mop #changemymind.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You do realize its 2020 and there is no 40 physical servers anymore? It's all virtualized in one big cluster. Adding 20 new servers won't really be an extra cost like it was back in the day and once they're empty, it doesn't matter either.

- - - Updated - - -

I started late tbc but w/e.
    Cata was a great expansion and so was mop #changemymind.
    Cata ruined the retri paladin fun.

Cata ruined the retri paladin fun.
    I loved Ret in CATA, was my favorite spec in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I loved Ret in CATA, was my favorite spec in Cata.
    After i lost wings while in bubble with no dmg penalty it was nerfed to the ground.

After i lost wings while in bubble with no dmg penalty it was nerfed to the ground.
    Guess I never did PVP, so never noticed that issue.

I wouldn't mind playing a fresh server but my focus would be TBC

You never felt that was OP?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You never felt that was OP?
    Well have to admit it was blatantly OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Classic will become Classic TBC (i do not see Blizzard has got any different choice here) so this question is pretty weird.
    Yes they do. They can leave a few servers as Classic only servers. Everquest did this years ago.

I will leave classic for sure. And Tbc/wotlk is where I go to rest my mmo soul. I could literally rerun tbc-wotlk era over and over and over and over again. Every single class feels amazing in every aspect of the game.