Hmm. So, could still be 9/29 or 10/6, right? Announcing today makes 9/29 more likely, but 10/6 is technically still possible.

I'd say the 29th is most likely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'd say the 29th is most likely at this point.
    I would say so too. While one could argue that this short an announcement has never happened before, neither has a pre-pathc lasting less than 4 weeks.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say so too. While one could argue that this short an announcement has never happened before, neither has a pre-pathc lasting less than 4 weeks.
    brewfest ends on the 6th, corruption vendor rotation ends the 6th. not sure if either of these will matter, but i have a feeling a week notice will be too short, and we arent getting prepatch until the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    brewfest ends on the 6th, corruption vendor rotation ends the 6th. not sure if either of these will matter, but i have a feeling a week notice will be too short, and we arent getting prepatch until the 6th.
    It isnt exactly a weeks notice though.
    Brewfewwst is also not really something we need to wrry about, especially if the first week of pre-pathc is just system changes. And while the corruption vendor is something I would hardly say that is conclusive of anything.

That being said it is possible the pre-patch does in fact launch the 6th, though I feel again with the one week of system changes that it might as well be said to release on the 6th if we get the 9.0 patch the 29th/30th.

I think a 3 week pre-patch is more likely then not having a (roughly) 2 week warning when they had all opportunity to have a 2 week warning but didn't.

My question to anyone saying the 29th is simple. Why was there no (roughly) 2 week warning last week?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well there was the email that got sent out last week telling us that we need to hurry up because it will be ending soon. Then this week we get another reminder that it is ending soon. I mean...that's two weeks of notifications. It really could be on the 29th. I think it is going to be on the 6th myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    Well there was the email that got sent out last week telling us that we need to hurry up because it will be ending soon. Then this week we get another reminder that it is ending soon. I mean...that's two weeks of notifications. It really could be on the 29th. I think it is going to be on the 6th myself though.
    yeah no. We (should) all know what a season end warning looks like, and it ain't that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    yeah no. We (should) all know what a season end warning looks like, and it ain't that.
    We are not that far off the previous record for shortest end of season announcement though. I believe that one was 10 or 9 days, and this is 8. If we combine that with the previous email of rewards being removed we are left to assumeBlizzard might have intended all players to know the season would end soon by now, and just made this one as a formality.

Besides. It is either the end of season announcement cutting it a bit short, or it is currting it very early and also giving us a record breaking short pre-patch. Especially so with the stated intent of one week of only system changes. 2 weeks might be reasonable for the amount of content, but it is very short for an event which will be gone forever after it is over.

We are not that far off the previous record for shortest end of season announcement though. I believe that one was 10 or 9 days, and this is 8.
    Only if the prepatch comes out on September 29.

I think we're looking at October 6, though. That gives them just about three weeks of prepatch time. There are two weeks of content in it, likely released on October 6 and 13, with an extra week around October 20 as padding for finishing up loose ends, before the big event on the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Only if the prepatch comes out on September 29.

I think we're looking at October 6, though. That gives them just about three weeks of prepatch time. There are two weeks of content in it, likely released on October 6 and 13, with an extra week around October 20 as padding for finishing up loose ends, before the big event on the 26th.
    You need to keep in mind the one week of only system changes though. And as I have mentioned before, itt isnt really that important whether the amount of content is enough for 3 weeks or whatever, it is more pertinent whether that is a reasonable length of time for a limited time event that goes away forever afterwards.

You need to keep in mind the one week of only system changes though. And as I have mentioned before, itt isnt really that important whether the amount of content is enough for 3 weeks or whatever, it is more pertinent whether that is a reasonable length of time for a limited time event that goes away forever afterwards.
    Yeah... Either 8 days notice for the end of PvP (9/29) or 3 weeks pre-patch (10/6). AFAIK, neither has been done before.

I'd have been inclined to say 8 days PvP notice was more likely to be what Blizzard would choose (given the pre-patch testing needs), but the Brewfest duration and Corruption Vendor expiration both point towards 10/6. I think its 50/50. Good arguments can be made both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathblood View Post
    Yeah... Either 8 days notice for the end of PvP (9/29) or 3 weeks pre-patch (10/6). AFAIK, neither has been done before.

I'd have been inclined to say 8 days PvP notice was more likely to be what Blizzard would choose (given the pre-patch testing needs), but the Brewfest duration and Corruption Vendor expiration both point towards 10/6. I think its 50/50. Good arguments can be made both ways.
    Again though, with the one week of only system changes you would smoothly transition from Brewfest to pre-patch with no overlap. You might have players more preoccupied with trying their new rotations instead of idling away in Ironforge or Orgrimmar, but there wouldnt actually be any events interfering with it, and even if it were, it is Brewfest, it lasts 3 weeks and hasnt had any new changes this year.

In addition to this, the idea of "2 weeks worth of content" is just based off the fact that we have a questline gated for two weeks. Was Legion just one week's worth of content?

I'm not convinced they'll put in the prepatch with all the changes and yet hold off the prepatch content for another week. Sure, they COULD do it... but it doesn't really make much sense. Bring everyone back with the massive changes and not give them something new to do... meh...

I'm not convinced they'll put in the prepatch with all the changes and yet hold off the prepatch content for another week. Sure, they COULD do it... but it doesn't really make much sense. Bring everyone back with the massive changes and not give them something new to do... meh...
    It would still mean an extra week of pre-patch to lure customers in with.
    Besides, one week of only system changes would still mean that you would be able to test old content with the class changes, or try things like the new levelling. You just wouldnt be able to kill ghouls in Stormwind, or kill minibosses in Icecrown.

They've certainly done it before. MoP had 4 weeks of pre-patch but the event only lasted a week (Theramore gets the Boom). In fact, I think most, if not all, previous pre-patches have some "just new systems" time before the actual event(s) started.

Are the pages glitching again for anybody else?
    I think so, that or you asked the same thing twice.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    I think so, that or you asked the same thing twice.
    Nope. The pages seem to be glitching. I fixed it by posting though. Weird.

Nope. The pages seem to be glitching. I fixed it by posting though. Weird.
    We owe you a debt of gratitude.