Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands - Appearance Change Service Retiring, Updates Coming in Pre-Patch

The Appearance Change Service for Shadowlands is Retiring
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of the pre-expansion patch, players will be able to seek out a Barber Shop for a variety of character customization options, including the ability to change your character’s gender, hair, facial features, and more. Due to this upcoming new in-game option, the Appearance Change service for Shadowlands will be retired from the Blizzard Shop prior to the release of the pre-patch.

Explore the Updates Arriving with the Shadowlands Pre-Expansion Patch
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To help you prepare for the upcoming Shadowlands pre-expansion patch and plan your adventures from now until Shadowlands arrives, we’ve compiled a variety of helpful information.

Character Boost Changes
    With the upcoming character-level conversions in Shadowlands, Character Boosts will also change once the pre-expansion patch is live. You’ll want to plan ahead for how you want to use your boosts.

• Level 120 Character Boosts will boost characters to level 50 after the pre-expansion patch.
    • Level 110 Character Boosts will boost characters to level 48 after the pre-expansion patch.

Levels, Items, and Stats Adjusted
    With the pre-expansion patch, levels, items, and stats will be adjusted to make reaching a new level feel more meaningful while simultaneously making the leveling experience faster than before. Characters at level 120 will become level 50 after the content update. To help you understand how the change will affect your character’s level, we’ve pulled together this handy conversion table.

Current Level - Shadowlands Level
    • 120 - 50
    • 118 to 119 - 49
    • 116 to 117 - 48
    • 114 to 115 - 47
    • 112 to 113 - 46
    • 110 to 111 - 45
    • 108 to 109 - 44
    • 106 to 107 - 43
    • 104 to 105 - 42
    • 102 to 103 - 41
    • 100 to 101 - 40
    • 98 to 99 - 39
    • 96 to 97 - 38
    • 94 to 95 - 37
    • 92 to 93 - 36
    • 90 to 91 - 35
    • 88 to 89 - 34
    • 86 to 87 - 33
    • 84 to 85 - 32
    • 82 to 83 - 31
    • 80 t0 81 - 30
    • 76 to 79 - 29
    • 72 to 75 - 28
    • 68 to 71 - 27
    • 64 to 67 - 26
    • 60 to 63 - 25
    • 57 to 59 - 24
    • 54 to 56 - 23
    • 52 to 53 - 22
    • 48 to 50 - 21
    • 45 to 47 - 20
    • 43 to 44 - 19
    • 41 to 42 - 18
    • 39 to 40 - 17
    • 37 to 38 - 16
    • 35 to 36 - 15
    • 32 to 34 - 14
    • 29 to 30 - 13
    • 26 to 28 - 12
    • 23 to 25 - 11
    • 20 to 22 - 10
    • 18 to 19 - 9
    • 16 to 17 - 8
    • 14 to 15 - 7
    • 12 to 13 - 6
    • 10 to 11 - 5
    • 8 to 9 - 4
    • 5 to 7 - 3
    • 2 to 4 - 2
    • 1 - 1

New Starting Experience: Exile's Reach

Exile's Reach is an all-new starting experience that will take you on an excursion to a faraway island and introduce you to the fundamentals of playing World of Warcraft and your chosen class. If you’re new to World of Warcraft and have never created or leveled a character, you will automatically begin your journey into Azeroth with the starting experience. If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race.

Upon reaching level 10, new players will continue their journey through Battle for Azeroth and into Shadowlands. [LEARN MORE]

/New Player Has Joined the Chat
    After creating your new character and beginning your journey into World of Warcraft for the first time, you will automatically be added to a Newcomer Chat channel, where you can talk with other new players and seek advice from experienced players on the same faction who will be your guides as you level through the new starting zone of Exile's Reach. New players and guides will be able to recognize one another in the chat channels and by icons above their characters' heads that only they can see. Upon reaching level 20, new players will continue the journey ahead on their own and will no longer have access to the Newcomer Chat.

If you're a veteran player and interested in guiding new players as they experience World of Warcraft for the first time, head over to Stormwind or Orgrimmar and speak to the guide recruiter once you've met the following criteria:

• Have an account in good standing
    • Reach level 50
    • Complete 3,000 quests
    • Earn at least two of the following achievements: Terrific Trio, Rival: Battle for Azeroth Season Four, Battle for Azeroth Keystone Conqueror: Season Four, The Waking Dream, or We Have the Technology.

If you no longer wish to be a guide, you can speak to guide recruiter once again.

Timewalking Campaign
    Players who have already experienced Battle for Azeroth and reached level 50 on at least one character can choose to level any subsequent characters in a different expansion using Timewalking Campaigns. This new feature allows content from locations like Northrend or Pandaria to scale to a player’s level, so they can adventure from level 10 all the way to 50 and experience the stories of these areas at their originally intended pacing. Visit Chromie near the embassies in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to select your expansion leveling experience. If you'd like to select a different expansion to level through, simply speak to Chromie again.

Recruit A Friend Updates

With the upcoming release of Shadowlands and the leveling adjustments that come with it, we’re making a few changes to Recruit A Friend. Beginning with the release of the pre-expansion patch, characters who are created by a recruited friend* will receive a unique 30-slot bag—the Extra-Spacious Knapsack—upon completing their adventure in Exile’s Reach as a part of the new player experience.

The additional experience boost that currently exists for recruited players and recruiters who party together will be phased out before the launch of Shadowlands. All other rewards available with the Recruit A Friend program will continue to be available for recruiters.

Appearance Change Service for Shadowlands Retiring Soon
    With the release of the pre-expansion patch, players will be able to seek out a Barber Shop for a variety of character-customization options, including the ability to change your character’s gender, hair, facial features, and more. Due to this upcoming new in-game option, the Appearance Change service for Shadowlands will be retired from the Blizzard Shop prior to the release of the pre-patch.

Recruiting Allied Races
    Players who are seeking to recruit a new Allied Race to their side will no longer need to earn Exalted reputation with their associated faction once the pre-expansion patch goes live. Players will still need to complete any achievements and story quests associated with the Allied Race to gain access, however.

Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 Ends and the Post-Season Begins
    The gates will soon close on Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch. Don’t worry though, you’ll still be able to take part in competitive PvP in a special post-season, which will end with the launch of the expansion. The new Shadowlands Season 1 will then go live shortly after the launch of Shadowlands.

If you participated in Season 4, to ensure you receive the rewards that you’re due, please keep the following in mind:

• Refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until after Battle for Azeroth Season 4 has ended.
    • Battle for Azeroth Season 4 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends.

Faction-Based Rewards
    Don’t forget—end-of-season rewards are based on your faction. If you transfer your character to the other faction, you must have 50 wins after your transfer to receive the reward and 150 wins after your transfer to earn Gladiator and Corrupted Gladiator.

Jump Into Post-Season
    Once the pre-expansion patch is live, we’ll be kicking off a special post-season that last until the launch of Shadowlands. While placement on the season ladder is locked for any end-of-season rewards such as the Gladiator mount or title, players will be able to continue to earn Conquest towards the Conquest Schedule, gain random PvP loot, and collect catch-up gear rewarded from strongboxes. Players will also be able to purchase Corrupted Aspirant gear from vendors located in Stormwind and Ogrimmar.

Leaderboards Temporarily Offline
    Please note that PvP Leaderboards will not be available once the pre-expansion patch goes live but will become available again with the start of the new Shadowlands PvP season.

Earning Flight in Warlords of Draenor and Legion
    With the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch, flying in Warlords of Draenor and Legion will no longer require earning the achievements Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two, respectively.

Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

With the last days of Battle for Azeroth almost upon us, you’ll want to make sure you’re tying up any last tasks or goals you have. Check out our article to learn more.

Check back for more updates as we get closer to the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch.

*Players who are recruited prior to the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch will not receive the new 30-slot bag, the Extra-Spacious Knapsack.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-09-21 at 07:36 PM.

Man, quite a world, Azeroth, where even the barbers now perform sex reassignment surgery.

It's nice to get something for free.

3+ Year Old Account
    I regret that I did not pick gender neutral names for my characters lol.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still no release date? O.o or am I blind...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Still no release date? O.o or am I blind...?
    You are not blind, no date haha.

Shave and a hair cut - snip snip.

Well, i really don't like how they are still not talking about what's going to happen with heirlooms losing exp boost compensation. Knowing blizzard they are just ignoring the matter, will just remove the exp boost and call it a day.

The fact they even had to bump their ilvl on beta because they were underwhelming makes it even worse. Man, we spent a lot of gold/time to get those, would be a real shame if they now suck.

Absolutely gutted grandfathered 19 twinks will become obsolete after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Well, i really don't like how they are still not talking about what's going to happen with heirlooms losing exp boost compensation. Knowing blizzard they are just ignoring the matter, will just remove the exp boost and call it a day.

The fact they even had to bump their ilvl on beta because they were underwhelming makes it even worse. Man, we spent a lot of gold/time to get those, would be a real shame if they now suck.

Instead of individual pieces, Heirloom armor, necklaces, and rings will work together to form a set, with bonuses for wearing various numbers of pieces. The set is called the Regalia of Fabled Adventurers, no matter what armor type it is.

The set is made up of the following possible combination of items:
    Heirloom Chestpiece
    Heirloom Helm
    Heirloom Shoulders
    Heirloom Cloak
    Heirloom Legs
    Heirloom Necklace
    Heirloom Ring
    Heirloom weapons and trinkets play no part in creating set bonuses.

In each case, any Heirloom armor type owned by the player can be used, and the set bonus will be the same. For example, there are currently two different heirloom Cloth shoulders -- Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle and Tattered Dreadmist Mantle. Either can be used to fill the Heirloom Shoulders requirement for the set bonus.

The set bonuses are as follows:
    (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
    (4) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons, and battlegrounds.
    (5) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing (X) Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% (Primary Stat) for 2 min. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 min.
    (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced up to 30%.
    Heirloom set bonus effects only work for characters from levels 1-50.

Not sure what more you need to know?

2 and 6 are bleh tbh if levelling is as fast as people say it will be i doubt iany1 will just wait to level and accumulate
    rested bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Oh get over it

Leveling is much faster in SL so you don't need heirlooms

Statwise they've been worse than actual questing gear for a long time now

Blizzard don't need to do anything, you paid the gold and in return you had access to them for all that time, just because they're worth less to you now from your subjective point of view doesn't make them objectively worth less than before, and even if they were it's not up to blizzard to compensate you
    i agree the thousands of gold i spent on them while they were useful were hand but i don't think i deserve a refund for them, maybe blizz could make them fit in to some raid/pvp set if they were nice but that's all id expect being honest

You spent gold to get value out of them. Hopefully you achieved that prior to Blizzard cutting out 7 continents worth of quests from leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Absolutely gutted grandfathered 19 twinks will become obsolete after so many years.
    79, 99 and 119 twinks are the only ones that survive
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Get them titles, mounts, and chieves FAM!

See you all in Slands! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, 1-50 is like a day or two now?

i know I'll be working my alts up for Heritage stuff, i'd love to get my Velf armor to go with her new "Blood Elf But Not Blood Elf I Guess High Elf?" Look

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    From what I understand, 1-50 is like a day or two now?

i know I'll be working my alts up for Heritage stuff, i'd love to get my Velf armor to go with her new "Blood Elf But Not Blood Elf I Guess High Elf?" Look
    Try like 6 hours or so if you spam dungeons.

heirlooms dont suck. you have NO idea how long it will take to level up a character once the level squish happens. for all you know, leveling will be MUCH faster: starting levels, 1 expansion, BFA, then shadowlands. before it is starting levels > classic > BC/WOTLK > Cata/MOP > WOD/Legion > BFA.

you are getting heirloom XP baked in and you dont need to wear heirlooms to level up fast anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    How so? you will just be level 9 twinks now lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    How so? you will just be level 9 twinks now lol
    I think that the battleground grouping doesn't change, so there are no battlegrounds at level 9
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

5+ Year Old Account
    Hell they should bring back the old Dungeon gear that is sitting in the DMF xD