Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean only those aligned with the blood elves government.
    Umbric was aligned he only stopped because he wanted to continue learning the magic that could destroy the sunwell

10+ Year Old Account
    San'layn aren't that big of a threat and the blood elves weren't even involved in their recruitment.

Not all dark magic is equal. Void magic directly threatens the Sunwell, on which Blood Elven life depends.

Blood magic on the other hand does not threaten the Sunwell, and in fact it's very similar to the siphoning that the Blood Elves had to use when the Sunwell was tainted.

Also when did we decide that the Blood Elves are ok with the San'layn? Is there any reason to assume that they had any knowledge of Sylvanas' deal with the San'layn before it was sabotaged by the Alliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Can someone explain this logic pls - San'layn characters are evil as fuck, and the stuff they do is terrible, but yet it seems the Belves aren't that bothered by it, but have a major issue with void elves - kicking them out "dangerous magic " (ahem, remember fel in TFT-TBC? remember Illidari??), but yet seem offended they re-joined the alliance and actually value it a lot more.

Not to mention they are far more in line with the values the blood elves seem to eschew, yet they'd rather go with the San'layn...

Someone explain to me how? ! Why?!
    Because the void is the direct antithesis of the Light which is now in the Sunwell. And Alleria's very presence messed with the Well AND enabled enemies from the void to just port in past all their defenses?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Except that Fel still poses a threat to the elves since it attracts the attention of the Legion. Blood magic is also dangerous because the San'layn are inherently hungry beings who satiate their thirst upon the people. Blood Prince Dreven was literally draining his crewmates of their life force to feed himself.
    Fel magic did not attract the Legion. It was the Well of Eternity that brought them to Azeroth, and the Sunwell to Quel'Thalas, both of which were founts of arcane magic.

Fel and blood magic are irrelevant to Rommath's decision. Neither are threatening to destroy the Sunwell. Umbric's research did, so he's out. That's really all there is to it.

Can someone explain this logic pls - San'layn characters are evil as fuck, and the stuff they do is terrible, but yet it seems the Belves aren't that bothered by it, but have a major issue with void elves - kicking them out "dangerous magic " (ahem, remember fel in TFT-TBC? remember Illidari??), but yet seem offended they re-joined the alliance and actually value it a lot more.
    Death magic is not dangerous at all.
    Not to mention they are far more in line with the values the blood elves seem to eschew, yet they'd rather go with the San'layn...
    Blood elves don't have values.
    Don't you think it is simple? Blood elves are pragmatic, unlike some other races.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Fel magic did not attract the Legion. It was the Well of Eternity that brought them to Azeroth, and the Sunwell to Quel'Thalas, both of which were founts of arcane magic.

Fel and blood magic are irrelevant to Rommath's decision. Neither are threatening to destroy the Sunwell. Umbric's research did, so he's out. That's really all there is to it.
    Okay then, Fel is perfectly acceptable and holds no threat to its user or those nearby. I wonder why it's such a feared and destructive energy if it poses no threat whatsoever.

Because the San'layn are still there people just as the Void Elves are. However, the San'layn do not pose a direct threat to the Sunwell as the Void Elves do. That is why Alleria and the rest of them are banished from Quel'thalas.

Okay then, Fel is perfectly acceptable and holds no threat to its user or those nearby. I wonder why it's such a feared and destructive energy if it poses no threat whatsoever.
    If you're unable to grasp that the different schools of magic are dangerous in different ways, some of which may be acceptable to the blood elves and others not, I don't see there being much more to say.

arcane magic is also dangerous, druidism is dangerous, shamanism is dangerous. it all depends on how it is used

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If you're unable to grasp that the different schools of magic are dangerous in different ways, some of which may be acceptable to the blood elves and others not, I don't see there being much more to say.
    You realize that's a concession right? Because my point is that blood elves are hypocritical for banning the Void while using the Fel, which is also very dangerous (which you just admitted). So nice concession.

Void Elf lore is so shitty and shallow that I'm a bit suprised there are still people who try to apply logic to it.

The whole void elf story blows so insanely hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    at what point did the blood elves accept those fucking monsters into their society?
    They don't have to be holding hands singing kumbaya. BElves are associating with undead, fel bausers, cannibal trolls - they may not be running to Quel'thalas - that we know of - we know blizzard doesn't update stuff, but they are there working together for the same goals in BFa, wasn't it Lor'themar defending Sylvanas at the start of BFA, then changes tune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Haven't you seen what happened when Alleria visited Sunwell? This itself is a reason to keep anything void related far enough.
    I saw, I noted she also was the only reason the void invasion by that ethereal did not succeed - and they expel her....

They learned fel was bad and put a lot of effort into purifying their sunwell. The voud elves threatened the sunwell and thats the line.
    Sanlayn dont threaten the sunwell.
    Pretty simple

They don't have to be holding hands singing kumbaya. BElves are associating with undead, fel bausers, cannibal trolls - they may not be running to Quel'thalas - that we know of - we know blizzard doesn't update stuff, but they are there working together for the same goals in BFa, wasn't it Lor'themar defending Sylvanas at the start of BFA, then changes tune.
    Each nation has association to an overarching faction, but is not solely defined through it. The elves kicked the void dabblers out of Silvermoon and denied Sylvanas her return to Quel'thalas and at no point does Lor'themar actually defend her.

I saw, I noted she also was the only reason the void invasion by that ethereal did not succeed - and they expel her....
    She should be glad she wasn't killed

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's simply not a "morality" issue. It's just quite simply that the void energies are anathema to the Sunwell, and they will protect it whatever the cost.

Morality comes secondary to Blood Elves in regards to survival, an the greatest threat to their new source of power is Void, as they have seen with their own eyes.
    That's a fair point, it fits that side of the elves. I do think that they are exaggerating the "anathema" to the sunwell bit. Perhaps blizzard needed to delve in this a bit more - but then void elf lore is totally slap dash, as much as I like their "coolness", their lack of substance is so disappointing.

How exactly is the void such a danger? Because the Ethereal could do that? But it could be defended against too - and even utilised - is there another message in this coming through?

I am not entirely convinced the industrious and driven blood elves couldn't find a way to make it work, Umbric's lot certainly thought so and they don't want the Sunwell dstroyed, but Azeroth and particularly Quel'thalas defended from it - so why "THAT" reaction.

if only they delved more - are they showing us a vulnerable "fear" side of the blood elves? I would say Rommath seemed rather irrational in this reaction, like fear took over, and he is willing to bold in other areas of magical pursuit, but not here. It makes me feel that the blood elves will do anything for the Sunwell.

I wonder if the Light infusion of the Sunwell makes it far more void suceptible, or if it's all theories and fears by over protective bElves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because the void is the direct antithesis of the Light which is now in the Sunwell. And Alleria's very presence messed with the Well AND enabled enemies from the void to just port in past all their defenses?
    But weren't they already preparing to attack, and they ceased an opportunity an un predicted reaction caused in an opening? It seemed, from a pro-alliance perspective, Rommath's over-reacted, and Lor'thermar was rather quick to be dismissive of Alleria's solicitations despite praising her in moments earlier - sounds like a player/politician.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Death magic is not dangerous at all.

Blood elves don't have values.

Don't you think it is simple? Blood elves are pragmatic, unlike some other races.
    WEll you make a fair point for everything but Death magic - I don't think any magic is not without its dnagers, even the light, but the Light safeguards it's users because it requires a certain level of benevolence type devotion to wield it the extents required - but as the lieks of Scarlets an d others shown, if you get duped, you can misuse the Light too even.

It seemed, from a pro-alliance perspective, Rommath's over-reacted, and Lor'thermar was rather quick to be dismissive of Alleria's solicitations despite praising her in moments earlier - sounds like a player/politician.
    The whole mess is pretty much Allerias fault and to a lesser extent Lor'themar's, since he allowed his past attachments to cloud a reasonable judgement by Rommath, letting the walking disaster named Alleria near the well, she should have been outright denied and sent on her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Because the San'layn are still there people just as the Void Elves are. However, the San'layn do not pose a direct threat to the Sunwell as the Void Elves do. That is why Alleria and the rest of them are banished from Quel'thalas.
    Do they actually? It seems an over-reaction. Do they want to destroy the Sunwell ? are they seeking to? No.

IF void magic interacting with the Suwnell is the issue here, then surely it's just a matter of don't use void magic there, and practice elsewhere - not hey you're banished good bye - it's too dangerous - makes the Belves look like scared/cowards. And it reminds me of the night elves who banished the high elves for using the arcane during the ban - again, using the arcane was a direct threat to the entire world as they knew it could draw the Legion to rediscover the Well and magic was still there and how to get back... Yet they were exiled not for being a threat to the Well of Eternity, but because the whole world was believed to be in danger.

They hate the Darnassian night elves for this, but do the same to the void elves? Hypocritical much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Each nation has association to an overarching faction, but is not solely defined through it. The elves kicked the void dabblers out of Silvermoon and denied Sylvanas her return to Quel'thalas and at no point does Lor'themar actually defend her.
    You know that time at the start of BFA, when he mentions how she was one of Silvermoon's finest, and that the blood elves stood by her - or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Void magic threatens the sunwell itself, that is all there is to it.
    Just monitor them and don't let them near the Sunwell....plain and simple.