Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Instead of this, we should be asking why the Light Forge & Draenei are ok with the Void Elves joining the Alliance; it makes no sense that they would be ok with it especially when they hold more power in the Alliance than all the other factions within the Alliance with their space ship.

And the reason why they are ok with it, blizzard is being a bitch and won't just give Alliance High Elves saying there are too few when they outnumber the 30 or so void elves that somehow became a playable race or didn't simply give alliance half elves because they are too lazy to make the adjustments for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Void magic threatens the sunwell itself, that is all there is to it.
    Pretty much this, everything else is just circumstantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
    Instead of this, we should be asking why the Light Forge & Draenei are ok with the Void Elves joining the Alliance; it makes no sense that they would be ok with it especially when they hold more power in the Alliance than all the other factions within the Alliance with their space ship.
    Because blizz does superficial world-building, lightforged should by all means never accept void elves, the only ones who are wary of them are humans, which makes little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    They don't have to be holding hands singing kumbaya. BElves are associating with undead, fel bausers, cannibal trolls - they may not be running to Quel'thalas - that we know of - we know blizzard doesn't update stuff, but they are there working together for the same goals in BFa, wasn't it Lor'themar defending Sylvanas at the start of BFA, then changes tune.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw, I noted she also was the only reason the void invasion by that ethereal did not succeed - and they expel her....
    the trolls members of the horde abandoned cannibalism.

But I'm going to tell you this: allies are one thing and members of your own society are another. the US allied with one of the greatest tyrants and genocities in human history during a war.

now here comes the important thing the blood elves do not accept the sanlyn in quelthalas in the same way that they did not accept the void elves. they could go to another place they could make their own country and ally with the horde. just as the undead have their own country.

the blood elves did not accept these undead monsters as members of quelthalas society.

therefore all this thread was a lie and nonsense

And the reason why they are ok with it, blizzard is being a bitch and won't just give Alliance High Elves saying there are too few when they outnumber the 30 or so void elves that somehow became a playable race or didn't simply give alliance half elves because they are too lazy to make the adjustments for it.
    You know they were 100% okay with Illidari too, right? And had no problem teaming up with the half-demon mongrel who incinerated their goddess right in front of their eyes.

Despite popular beliefs, LF draenei are not Lightbound, and thus will not hate an individual just because they use ominous powers.

Nightborne:
    - Entire endgame zone
    - Massive, voice acted, multiple patch storyline with in game events
    - Tie in raid
    - Huge gorgeous city
    - Effort in new models and textures
    - Given to Horde

Void Elves:
    - Side story in the half-assed disaster of Argus
    - A few quests
    - A reused floating rock
    - Recolored Blood Elf models
    - Given to Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

There is a cutscene where Alleria goes to the Sunwell and her void powers literally harm the Sunwell itself. So its probably that

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Nightborne:
    - Entire endgame zone
    - Massive, voice acted, multiple patch storyline with in game events
    - Tie in raid
    - Huge gorgeous city
    - Effort in new models and textures
    - Given to Horde

Void Elves:
    - Side story in the half-assed disaster of Argus
    - A few quests
    - A reused floating rock
    - Recolored Blood Elf models
    - Given to Alliance
    I wonder, if the reverse treatment had happened. We'd probably have had the Void elves go horde (and everyone would have said that was logical) and then half arse Nightborne gone alliance.

And if the void elves had gone horde, and being a huge hit, I wonder if that would have led to high elves opening up. Probably not, but it's interesting how the alliance has the greater Thalassian elf diversification, having both void and high elf appearance, while the horde only has blood elf ones.

they should give the horde San'layn - and they need to give Void elves a proper zone .. they should have given Telogrus Rift level 1-20 as void elves were the only ones we didn't work with during a questing sequence.. everyone else we did.

Nightborne - the stars of 7.0
    Highmountain - had highmountain
    Lightforged - it was them we worked with in 7.3 on the vindicaar and Argus
    Mag'har - we had all of WoD with them
    Dark Irons - we have Searing Gorge/Blasted Lands, BFD, and part of the Dwarf starting area includes them
    Zandalari - 3 zones in BFA
    Kul'tiras - 3 zones in BFA
    Mechagnomes - half a patch of zones, epic dungeon quest city of Mechagon
    Vulpera - Vol'dun zone.

Void elves? - errr..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Just monitor them and don't let them near the Sunwell....plain and simple.
    Easier said then done. Those elves who where with Umbric did a alot experimenting with void energy and magic in general...that is what makes Umbric a very dangerous man.

With respect to all the questions on the San'layn and blood elf relations, we know that some blood elves opted to be trained as San'layn during the war. The Alliance quest An Unnatural Crew confirmed the training, and we have two separate blood elf NPCs (142289 and 142285) being trained.

However, there's no evidence to convey how Quel'thelas felt about the training. We only know these NPCs exist, just as we know that some blood elves joined the Illidari. It seems a little premature to assume that Silvermoon was fine with the San'layn, though we can't say they were unfavorable toward the training because, again, there's no evidence (at least that I could find). They may not even be aware that the San'layn training took place, given everyone else in the area were either working for the Alliance or Forsaken loyalists under Nathanos' command.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Wrong they send help during the third war as high elves and later as blood elves as well
    Did Quel'thalas send troops during the events of Reign of Chaos? Obviously Kael'thas sent aid during the aftermath (in TFT), but I was under the impression that the high elves seen during the Alliance campaign were from Dalaran and under the command of the Kirin Tor, not agents of Anasterian Sunstrider. I was pretty sure Quel'thalas withdrew from the Alliance before that point. I'll happily admit that I'm wrong if you can share instances of Quel'thalas' support.

I could understand if they tolerated the San'layn if they were powerful allies. But they're not, Shandris killed one with relative ease.

They already accept DKs, although Undead corrupted the Sunwell before - but Void Elves just being near it corrupts it. Kind of a big difference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    You learn the reason why in the blood elf heritage armor questline.
    Wasn’t it the void elf quest line? Running around with alleria and her presence at the sun well makes a void being appear and start devouring the well. She then gets exiled and told never to return again

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Did Quel'thalas send troops during the events of Reign of Chaos? Obviously Kael'thas sent aid during the aftermath (in TFT), but I was under the impression that the high elves seen during the Alliance campaign were from Dalaran and under the command of the Kirin Tor, not agents of Anasterian Sunstrider. I was pretty sure Quel'thalas withdrew from the Alliance before that point. I'll happily admit that I'm wrong if you can share instances of Quel'thalas' support.
    Quel'thalas had left the Alliance at that point, but they still send support. It was mentioned in chronicle 3

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I could understand if they tolerated the San'layn if they were powerful allies. But they're not, Shandris killed one with relative ease.
    I think that's just game mechanics for the type of quest they were used in, not an actual reflection of their capability - for instance, in WotLK, you can fight htem as normal, elite, dungeon or raid mobs - the same lot - ease of kill in game has no qualitative meaning in lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They already accept DKs, although Undead corrupted the Sunwell before - but Void Elves just being near it corrupts it. Kind of a big difference I guess.
    Near it? I don't think there is a reaction near it, i don't think touching corrupts it either, - if the ethereal attack had succeeded, then it's likely they would have converted the sunwell, but it's clearly not a matter of being near or touching otherwise it would be the Voidwell right now, cos she was both near it and touched it. And her touch didn't corrupt it, it just allowed the Ethereal's to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Do they actually? It seems an over-reaction. Do they want to destroy the Sunwell ? are they seeking to? No.
    You obviously did not do the Nightbourne Allied Race quest. You actually SEE what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know they were 100% okay with Illidari too, right? And had no problem teaming up with the half-demon mongrel who incinerated their goddess right in front of their eyes.

Despite popular beliefs, LF draenei are not Lightbound, and thus will not hate an individual just because they use ominous powers.
    Illidari uses fel magic, not void; and they were in a desperate situation so the more fire powers they have the better to fight in Argus. But when it came to the void, they locked Alleria up for just tapping into the void at the time; the void elves are drowning in void. Light Forged are not extremists like the Lightbound but they are almost as Zealous as them when it comes to fighting for the Light.

Because goths are cooler than emo and Blood Elves are vain. D'UH.

3+ Year Old Account
    Rommath is always right

also, since the Blood Elves are pretty okay with Dark Rangers and Forsaken Thalassians, I daresay it's safe to assume they'd be okay with San'layn
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

A better question IMO is why didnt the Void Elves just go to the Undercity? The apothecaries and shadowpriests there would have been ecstatic. And theyre already close allies.