Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

The Light Theme in Shadowlands is quite prominent.

'The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all', - Nzoth presumably about Light and Death forces making the temporary alliance.

List of sightings:

-Uther Lightbringer, paladin, has relevancy in Shadowlands.

-Arthas, former paladin and Lich King, was thrown into the Maw.

-Bolvar, former paladin and Lich king, is a prominent character in Shadowlands.

-Anduin Wrynn, priest, was brought to the Shadowlands.

-Tyrande, warrior of Elune, has relevancy in Shadowlands.

-There are certain Light themes presented in Revendreth.

I dont think the presence of all these Light-themed characters in Shadowlands is pure coincidence.

My prediction is that Light will have 'unexpected' relevancy in second half of the expansion, smoothly tying it and next expansion (presumable, about Light (and Void)).
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-21 at 09:24 PM.

yup and i'll be there soon as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that Turalyon is now sitting the throne in Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    'The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all', - Nzoth presumably about Light and Death forces making the temporary alliance.

List of sightings:

-Uther Lightbringer, paladin, has relevancy in Shadowlands.

-Arthas, former paladin and Lich King, was thrown into the Maw.

-Bolvar, former paladin and Lich king, is a prominent character in Shadowlands.

-Anduin Wrynn, priest, was brought to the Shadowlands.

-Tyrande, warrior of Elune, has relevancy in Shadowlands.

-There are certain Light themes presented in Revendreth.

I dont think the presence of all these Light-themed characters in Shadowlands is pure coincidence.

My prediction is that Light will have 'unexpected' relevancy in second half of the expansion, smoothly tying it and next expansion (presumable, about Light (and Void)).
    I do not think we can consider Arthas, Bolvar and Tyrande "sightings of the Light", considering Arthas has forsaken it, Bolvar has also forsaken it (but for altruistic reasons), and Tyrande was never exactly about the Light.

That's like saying when Illidan is involved, is a "sighting of the arcane". That when Gul'Dan is involved, it's a "sighting of the elements".

you're right, except this is a pretty blatant and obvious setup by blizz here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Don't forget that Turalyon is now sitting the throne in Stormwind.
    And there is also that by now famous line "the crown of light will bring only darkness" from Ilgy Boi.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this leads into something. The Light has always been the most intimating foe, from the Scarlet Crusade in Vanilla all the way to Xe'ra in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And there is also that by now famous line "the crown of light will bring only darkness" from Ilgy Boi.
    Is "the crown of light will bring only darkness" line referring to Anduin or Turalyon? I was never clear on that. Both men represent The Light, but Anduin is actually king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Is "the crown of light will bring only darkness" line referring to Anduin or Turalyon? I was never clear on that. Both men represent The Light, but Anduin is actually king.
    Anduin is MIA and for the duration of Shadowlands Turalyon technically is in charge of Stormwind and or Alliance military related matters. In a theoretical scenario of a Overzealous Naaru Army arriving on Azeroth. How many bets you wanna make Turalyon will be MORE then willing to let them in.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is also Turalyon on the throne and Scarlet Order's new favorite (and Yrel's light bounded army). I didnt mention them because they are most likely just pre-expansion lore and wont take participation in Shadowlands events. We most likely will return to them after SL.

Point of this thread is mostly that for Death-themed expansion there seems to be alot of the Light presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Anduin is MIA and for the duration of Shadowlands Turalyon technically is in charge of Stormwind and or Alliance military related matters. In a theoretical scenario of a Overzealous Naaru Army arriving on Azeroth. How many bets you wanna make Turalyon will be MORE then willing to let them in.
    I don't know, Turalyon just stood around after Illidan blasted essentially his God to pieces. He doesn't seem as blindly devoted to The Light as he should be. If he was, he would have ditched his wife by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I still think it's Anduin it is referring to. Biggest reference to this was Roux revealing in the Nobbel stream that Blizz pushed for her to include Anduin's reaction to the void during the torture portion as a strong element to include in the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incursion of the light incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Incursion of the light incoming.
    Behold the faces of the cosmos' salvation.

Reach out and touch your monitors. Salvation comes only from The Light. Embrace it. There's no escaping it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I still think it's Anduin it is referring to. Biggest reference to this was Roux revealing in the Nobbel stream that Blizz pushed for her to include Anduin's reaction to the void during the torture portion as a strong element to include in the book.
    I think so too. I believe Anduin will be a naïve tool of The Light more so than a devout servant though, but his role as king will usher in ruin nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Wait, isn't the complete quote "The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness." That seems more about Turalyon to me

There's also multiple Naaru in the Shadowlands and part of Revendreth is permanently damaged by an attack from the Light.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see a detour to the realm of the Light as part of a major patch.

I'd love it if the light was the one true evil of wow...how utterly appropriate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd love it if the light was the one true evil of wow...how utterly appropriate.
    With the way they've contextualized the cosmic forces as warring rivals, I'm not sure there is even a "true evil." Just feels like the key is to maintain balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    With the way they've contextualized the cosmic forces as warring rivals, I'm not sure there is even a "true evil." Just feels like the key is to maintain balance.
    I'd rather not the "HOly Light" be bad, just absurd.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi