Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I think that the battleground grouping doesn't change, so there are no battlegrounds at level 9
    I think the groups will prob change since the power level between a 9 and a 19 is alot more of a gap now

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Well, i really don't like how they are still not talking about what's going to happen with heirlooms losing exp boost compensation. Knowing blizzard they are just ignoring the matter, will just remove the exp boost and call it a day.

The fact they even had to bump their ilvl on beta because they were underwhelming makes it even worse. Man, we spent a lot of gold/time to get those, would be a real shame if they now suck.
    As somebody who has bought almost every single heirloom, I am perfectly fine with this exchange.

Based on what we are reading from the beta it takes between 4 and 6 hours to level 1-50

I'm fine with all the heirlooms being turned into transmog only items if thats what they decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfzs View Post
    I regret that I did not pick gender neutral names for my characters lol.
    Same here. I have two or three females that I want to swap to males but the names on them will be weird and I refuse to pay 10 CND$ per to change that. Oh well, they're just alts and that's still better than what we used to have for sure.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Well, i really don't like how they are still not talking about what's going to happen with heirlooms losing exp boost compensation. Knowing blizzard they are just ignoring the matter, will just remove the exp boost and call it a day.

The fact they even had to bump their ilvl on beta because they were underwhelming makes it even worse. Man, we spent a lot of gold/time to get those, would be a real shame if they now suck.
    they alread revealed the set bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by grat View Post
    As somebody who has bought almost every single heirloom, I am perfectly fine with this exchange.

Based on what we are reading from the beta it takes between 4 and 6 hours to level 1-50

I'm fine with all the heirlooms being turned into transmog only items if thats what they decide.
    As someone who's bought every heirloom you can, who has upgraded all of them to at least 3/4 and a lot to 4/4, I'm not okay with this. A thing I purchased is now worthless.

Also, 1-50 takes about 20 hours. Reports of anything below 10 are not realistic numbers at all. The average player will take about 20. New players probably around 30.

I wouldn't be so upset if they didn't clearly want heirlooms to be worth something. They're simply not. Raw gear is irrelevant. I've tested both in beta and PTR leveling with heirlooms, with normal gear, and completely naked. You simply don't notice any real difference at all. And the set bonuses of the gear are also irrelevant. I never had rested XP to begin with. The level-up proc almost always happens at the end of dungeons or after turning in quests, and by the time you're fighting anything again, it's gone. The out-of-combat regen isn't even noticeable.

So Blizzard has failed to make them relevant to leveling at all. And that's the part that pisses me off.

Raw gear is irrelevant. I've tested both in beta and PTR leveling with heirlooms, with normal gear, and completely naked. You simply don't notice any real difference at all.
    That sounds more like a problem with the game than with heirlooms. If stats on gear are so irrelevant you can level up naked without noticing a difference. That's something they need to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    that level conversion chart isnt 100% accurate as levels 31 and 51 are missing in the listing

Literally tonight finished leveling one of every class to 120 on horde side. just so i could get one last huzzah out of my Heirlooms before they are gone.

NB Hunter, NB Mage, Maghar Warrior, Tauren paladin, Highmountian Druid, Goblin Rogue, Panda Shaman, BE DH, Zandalar DH. Troll Lock, UD Priest, FoxMonk.

Forgot Orc. don't care, they ugly.

i know looms arent *gone*. they just suck.

a burst of *buff is over before u can get to quest areas*, rested bonus exp, and OOC regen. great. i think levelling 12 toons i went through one stack of food. the whole time.

new paradigm: make 4 characters. park all in in, level each till the rested runs out then go park again. like anyone gonna actually do that. -_-
    Last edited by Kazlehoff; 2020-09-22 at 04:33 AM.

...and I just 2 days ago used my 110 boost in preparation for Shadowlands... Oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Same here. I have two or three females that I want to swap to males but the names on them will be weird and I refuse to pay 10 CND$ per to change that. Oh well, they're just alts and that's still better than what we used to have for sure.
    I think you can cheese free name changes. If I remember right you delete what ever toon you want to change, crate a level 1 toon with that name then restore the deleted toon. Because the name is now taken you have to change it.

I don't remember exactly but I think that was a thing, I'll try it tomorrow to make sure and update this post.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-09-22 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I think you can cheese free name changes. If I remember right you delete what ever toon you want to change, crate a level 1 toon with that name then restore the deleted toon. Because the name is now taken you have to change it.
    This won't work, when you try to restore the old one it makes you delete the new one. Even if that new one is several years old.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    This won't work, when you try to restore the old one it makes you delete the new one. Even if that new one is several years old.
    Interesting. I wonder what happens if someone else took the name of a character you deleted and now want to restore. Obviously, it won't delete the other person's character, but does Blizzard at least offer you some opportunity to get your deleted one back (asking you to buy a name change etc.)?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    new paradigm: make 4 characters. park all in in, level each till the rested runs out then go park again. like anyone gonna actually do that. -_-
    The new leveling system is faster 1-50 than now with full heirlooms 1-120. Sounds like you wasted a whole bunch of time. Rested will hardly be needed if you actually are aiming to level them fast.

Your complaining makes literally no sense.

we spent a lot of gold/time to get those, would be a real shame if they now suck.
    Yeah, i want my boe's i bought in TBC for progress to be viable!! i spent alot of gold to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

They have addressed it several times. The EXP bonus was added as levelling got ridiculous, with the level squish people will naturally level 2-3x as fast. What do you want them to do, just make max level boosts free?

10+ Year Old Account
    Curous. Is this the first time Blizzard removed a money-making avenue for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Absolutely gutted grandfathered 19 twinks will become obsolete after so many years.
    Good riddance to you, can't feel big with the big boys so you gotta steamroll those who just want to level.

Pathetic vermin is what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Rested will hardly be needed if you actually are aiming to level them fast.
    So the looms people spent a really solid chunk of money on are being given dumpstats? cool cool.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleem View Post
    As someone who's bought every heirloom you can, who has upgraded all of them to at least 3/4 and a lot to 4/4, I'm not okay with this. A thing I purchased is now worthless.

Also, 1-50 takes about 20 hours. Reports of anything below 10 are not realistic numbers at all. The average player will take about 20. New players probably around 30.

I wouldn't be so upset if they didn't clearly want heirlooms to be worth something. They're simply not. Raw gear is irrelevant. I've tested both in beta and PTR leveling with heirlooms, with normal gear, and completely naked. You simply don't notice any real difference at all. And the set bonuses of the gear are also irrelevant. I never had rested XP to begin with. The level-up proc almost always happens at the end of dungeons or after turning in quests, and by the time you're fighting anything again, it's gone. The out-of-combat regen isn't even noticeable.

So Blizzard has failed to make them relevant to leveling at all. And that's the part that pisses me off.
    Just something to consider. Can the same argument be made for buying a car or current electronics like a smartphone? Neither is ever expected to last forever but you pay a premium for a new car or a new iPhone, get to use the said purchase for a period of time with the expectation that it loses value as time moves on. How is the purchase, use and benefits of heirlooms for likely years and across many alts considered a waste of gold when you benefited from said purchase which is now diminishing in value but still can be used? It really is like buying a new car then making a complaint to the dealer years later that the car doesn't run exactly like it did when you drove it off the lot or has the latest technology in it.
    Last edited by Talostown; 2020-09-22 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    I think the groups will prob change since the power level between a 9 and a 19 is alot more of a gap now
    Don't low level battlegrounds scale your gear up to the level cap for the bracket? Or is it just the level?
    Last edited by Firebert; 2020-09-22 at 05:33 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1