Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konthos View Post
    12 days before BfA prepatch went live, so 2 weekly resets, which would land the Shadowlands prepatch on the 29th (8 days from now but still 2 weekly resets).

How are we finding out tomorrow?
    If they’re doing 2 resets and it’s coming on the 29th then they have to announce before reset today. You’d think they’d have done it by now if that were the case

what are the chances it releases tomorrow lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    If they’re doing 2 resets and it’s coming on the 29th then they have to announce before reset today. You’d think they’d have done it by now if that were the case
    Wait, don't they announce the pre-patch date like, 3 days before it goes live? I don't think we will be hearing anything tomorrow.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

They did announce today exactly like they did on BfA prepatch, no specific date, they announced the date 2 days after a post exactly like the one they did today went up.
    Last edited by Konthos; 2020-09-21 at 09:50 PM.

The end of the PvP season was announced today, as in "ends soon" without a date. That they actually provide concrete dates is rather rare, but it historically has always meant "on the reset after next", which would be the 29th, however considering its this close to this weeks reset it might also be the 6th - although for the 6th this post would be a tad "early", why rush it out on a Monday when they have all the remaining week for it.

The actual patch release was typically only announced a few days before it actually does.

The 29th is still possible, and if not that, then extremely likely the 6th.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-09-21 at 10:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konthos View Post
    They did announce today exactly like they did on BfA prepatch, no specific date, they announced the date 2 days after a post exactly like the one they did today went up.
    The official pre patch date was announced 7 days after the ambiguous non specific date announcement.

July 5th - The BfA version of this post went up
    July 12th - They announced the pre patch for July 17th
    July 17th - Pre patch hit.

The gates will soon close on Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch. Don’t worry though, you’ll still be able to take part in competitive PvP in a special post-season, which will end with the launch of the expansion.
    2-week notice means nothing at this point, Pre Patch will be 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    You don't get to test covenants till the expansion drops. So your post is invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

I agreed with this completely, till they announced Brewfest was running till the 6th. I'm thinking it'll be the 6th now. I guess we'll find out.
    They are releasing Shadowlands during a larger event, Hallows End, you think brewfest will stop a pre-patch? lol

Very.....Soon®

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No pre patch has ever been shorter than 4 weeks. 29th 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cullum View Post
    seeing as brewfest ends october 6th, that would be my guess.
    Brewfest doesn't matter. SL is dropping during the Halloween event.

Quote Originally Posted by z0ddicEU View Post
    If you check the latest blue-posts, they added some more information.

"Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 Ends and the Post-Season Begins
    The gates will soon close on Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch. Don’t worry though, you’ll still be able to take part in competitive PvP in a special post-season, which will end with the launch of the expansion. The new Shadowlands Season 1 will then go live shortly after the launch of Shadowlands.

If you participated in Season 4, to ensure you receive the rewards that you’re due, please keep the following in mind:

Refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until after Battle for Azeroth Season 4 has ended.
    Battle for Azeroth Season 4 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends."

I'd say they just gave us the heads-up.. 6th most likely then.
    There's also the part where it says "With the last days of Battle for Azeroth almost upon us...". I still think it's the 29th - either way we will see soon enough.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The end of the PvP season was announced today, as in "ends soon" without a date. That they actually provide concrete dates is rather rare, but it historically has always meant "on the reset after next", which would be the 29th, however considering its this close to this weeks reset it might also be the 6th - although for the 6th this post would be a tad "early", why rush it out on a Monday when they have all the remaining week for it.

The actual patch release was typically only announced a few days before it actually does.

The 29th is still possible, and if not that, then extremely likely the 6th.
    the other reason I think it's the 6th, aside from Brewfest finishing then, is that is also when the current corruption vendor cycle finishes. and yeah, the vast majority of players are finished with corruption but there are still those out there who will be pushing content right until prepatch and who want that final lot of corruptions from Friday 2nd to Tuesday 6th October

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No. Having that blue post explaining what’s in the pre-patch, but then not containing a release date for pre-patch is quite telling. Sure, they can still give us the release date later on, but why wouldn’t you just put it into that post altogether?
    Legion end of season was announced 12 days before with no date, the date was announced 5 days before BfA prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 weeks or something warning done few hours ago, they gave no date, as usual, meaning they allow them some more space to delay if required. 6th october still not 100% sure, could be after.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    You're literally wrong, because there's literally a lot more literal changes. We also literally are literally getting 3 literal weeks of literal pre-patch events. Levels are literally being squashed by half and the whole leveling experience has quite literally been revamped.
    Explain how the new leveling system has anything to do with the potential "correct" length of the prepatch.
    Please.

And try to be mature this time. I know it's hard but you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    No pre patch has ever been shorter than 4 weeks. 29th 100%
    If they're set on the 29th, why didn't they just announce it in their pre-patch post yesterday?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If they're set on the 29th, why didn't they just announce it in their pre-patch post yesterday?
    It's Blizzard.... you really gonna question what they're thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    what are the chances it releases tomorrow lol
    Close to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...p-ends-july-19 But they announced the end of PVP season...before that...two weeks before.
    This. They have always given a 2 weeks notice to a season end as far as I can remember, and the end of season falls on prepatch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    2-week notice means nothing at this point, Pre Patch will be 29th.
    You better be right or I'm coming to your house with torches and pitch forks