Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    War of the Ancients and the Sundering would be cool.

Honestly I’d like to see a directors cut.

I felt like the biggest problem with the movie was the pacing and it felt like the studio butchered the editing to artificially cut the movie down in length.

Yes, many other problems with it, but that to me felt like it was by far the biggest.

I’d like to see a directors cut before I place too much of the blame on Duncan.

Don't think Chris Pratt is right for something like this. I would also prefer it if they cut out all the fucking easter eggs and fan service. You can make film or television content that is loyal to the original source content without it being a mixture of 'eye spy with my little eye' and 'OMG I found a hidden reference!' I'm alright with a chronological setting, but I would rather they took this to the small screen. Netflix or Amazon Prime and with a Castlevania treatment. Go animated. The little miniseries they do before every expansion are actually really fun. They have the potential. Long form them. 30 minute episodes, 15-16 episodes per 'chapter'. The Warcraft Chronicle novels are literally there as a bible. Start with Sargeras and go ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    War of the Ancients and the Sundering would be cool.
    It’s going to 100% pull from their most popular/known stuff, which is Arthas storyline.

Maybe if they make a few and they’re popular they’ll do spin-offs, etc.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-09-21 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is good news. The first one I think did alright. I feel like with a sequel now they could maybe see what they did wrong in the first one and improve on the sequel. I see it as another chance to make a kickass Warcraft movie.

My main question would be is this a direct sequel or are they going to jump forward or backward in time to tell a completely different Warcraft story? If the former, will the original cast come back?

I'm looking forward to it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Given that Warcraft *is* a cartoonish styled adventure, that would be a bizarre change.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the Warcraft movies absolute biggest mistake was having any focus on the humans in the first place. Their part of the story was boring, dull and overly cliché and the acting was absolutely abyssmal.
    Then all marvel and DC should stick to anime series. Why bother making movies? They are comics after all! haha, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well I hope they will go for WC3 story this time. Last thing they need is another remake of Dark Portal and such.
    Absolutely agree. Anything but another orcs vs. human origin story.

Also for the love of god, no poorly timed tie-in expansion this time around.. pretty please?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    All they need to do is NOT film a fanfiction re-imagining of Warcraft's story, but the ACTUAL one. Narrow down the focus a bit if they need to, since there's quite a bit to pick from.

And I do hope to God it's not a sequel, especially not by Duncan Jones, if the script he was planning for the sequel is anything to go by.
    The couple little changes between the original story and movie one wouldn't have saved it.. not in this reality and not in any other.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Better focus on Reign of Chaos, with a cliffhanger ending hinting at The Frozen Throne or they're fools.

Chris Pratt as Prince Arthas? Or is he too old?

I hope a reboot makes the orcs more realistically sized. Durotan's hand was bigger than baby Thrall.

Also as much as I like Chris Pratt I have no desire to see him in the warcraft universe.

Just do the Arthas story and keep it simple for casuals to easily follow. Though i fear a zombie type movie wont get passed the Chinese censors and if China wont show it then it dies right there and then.

I paid to see the first warcraft movie and I will pay to see another one.
    Just supporting the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    This site is saying its a reboot and they are eyeing Chris Pratt for it.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...rcraft-reboot/
    God I'm already cringing at the thought of Chris Pratt in this reboot. Please no.

second war and lord of clans

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It’s going to 100% pull from their most popular/known stuff, which is Arthas storyline.

Maybe if they make a few and they’re popular they’ll do spin-offs, etc.
    after watching the witcher, i would try to get Henry Cavill on board, the dude is, or was, a warcraft fan, and he might make a good arthas
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Just do the Arthas story, end it when he kills his father, the sequel could be Thralls Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Not sure who you'd pick from that as actors then. Llane, even though one of my favorite actors, was like he wasn't even there. Garona didn't make an impression. Medivh was ok as looks, since he was supposed to look old and tired for his age, but was really disappointing, his part was so... lifeless, compared to his book character (where he's quite cocky and funny). I liked Anduin, he fit the role. And I REALLY liked Khadgar - I thought his role was the best thing from that movie. I actually liked it so much I went and saw a bunch of the actor's movies.
    Bear in mind I read all the Warcraft books and "The Last Guardian" is my favourite, especially the Khadgar-Medivh interaction. I found Khadgar spot on.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure most critics appreciated Khadgar's actor, Ben Schnetzer. He's seen as one of the film's "few bright spots". But yeah, to each his own I guess.
    Agree with Khadgar, he did a young Khadgar pretty good. Fimmel as Lothar though, I just don't think he played it well. But the script was awful and that had a lot of influence on the acting. Agree with Foster as Medivh, he was the worst because as you said, where is the acting? Try to live inside the role a little, which he didn't. I have seen him so good in other movies so surprised he fell(pun) a bit short.

Garona and King Llane too, not good. But again, I think they didn't get much to work with. Doesn't help being a good actor then. The orcs were pretty good imo, they did fine. But the one that actually did good for me, was Daniel Wu as Gul'dan. He was great.

Just my humble opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Better focus on Reign of Chaos, with a cliffhanger ending hinting at The Frozen Throne or they're fools.

Chris Pratt as Prince Arthas? Or is he too old?
    Did you see the pics of Henry Cavill as Arthas?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317880/...have-covered-t

So good! He is a big warcraft fan as well. That awesome story he told about not picking up the phone when they called him for playing Superman because he was doing a dungeon in WoW, epic ^^
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-22 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie was pretty bad so my desire for a sequel is pretty low and if it's a "reboot" I can't imagine it being better

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Did you see the pics of Henry Cavill as Arthas?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317880/...have-covered-t

So good! He is a big warcraft fan as well. That awesome story he told about not picking up the phone when they called him for playing Superman because he was doing a dungeon in WoW, epic ^^
    Just saw it now, he does look great as Arthas! And I heard that story before too, made me like him even more as an actor. lol

I think Henry Cavill is too old now to play the part of Arthas who is supposed to be a younger guy who is an apprentice to Uther.

Shame though cause 10 years ago he wouldve been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    They need to start with Warcraft 3 this time, Arthas specifically. It's the best story this whole franchise has to offer.
    Everything else can come after they have critical acclaim and box office success.
    no way they would do arthas,they cant show good guy turn bad kill people and win with a cliffhanger,if anything a sequal will show the defeat of the horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    I think Henry Cavill is too old now to play the part of Arthas who is supposed to be a younger guy who is an apprentice to Uther.

Shame though cause 10 years ago he wouldve been perfect.
    oh cmon,a little bit of cgi magic and he will look as young as they need,its not like it hasnt been done a milion times lol

also Idris Elba would make a perfect arthas