Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had the same main since TBC

short answer : yes

I dont even quite understand the concept of a main, its like having a waifu?
    Just another way of saying your favorite character?
    Like if I had to delete all my characters and only choose one, is that choice my main?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    2 servers .... 1 of every class on each server.....24 total max level toons. All have the same two gathering professions and all have roughly the same armor level by expansion's end. This has been in effect for me since the end of Wrath when my raiding guild fell apart. No main character..... they all get played doing the same "scrub, noob, bad player, world quest" content. The leveling order stays pretty much the same every expansion....Hunter.....Paladin.....Warlock......DK....and then it's open season. No cutting edge progressive content played so no need for an outstanding geared toon.
    Stay safe and have fun!

Always my DK since WotLK. That has been my main which I start ever expansion. Follow it up with my Paladin. Guess my Paly is sort of like a co-main. Then work my way through all the other classes as I feel the need.

My Priest has been my main since TBC, and I'm reluctant to change it because I've done everything with it... be it quest progression, transmog collection, exalting all factions, all recipes for professions, etc.

Would be nice if there were a class change system though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I started playing in at the end of Cataclysm, as a Destru lock. I enjoyed every second of it.
    Then I mained Resto Druid in MoP, switched to mage in WoD and I mainly played fury warrior in Legion and BfA.

Now I'm thinking again what character should I play in Shadowlands.
    I feel like it's never going to stop. :|
    I can't be the only one.
    Depends on your reasons. If you want to change up your playstyle and want to try something new, that's perfectly fine! Pre-patch and new expansions are a good time potentially find a new love. Sometimes shaking things up is the way to go, too, if you feel like you're stagnating. If your motivation is "Class X is going to suck, class Y is the only way I can do M+ or mythic raid!", that's not necessarily a good reason.

I've been a druid main and have been using the same druid since the beginning of vanilla. Was Feral main to mainly tank in vanilla, even tanked some raids while being flexible enough to heal. From BC and until today, I've been a tank as my main spec on my druid... but I will resto/moonkin to keep myself flexible (like if people are sick, too much melee and have another person tank, need an extra healer, etc.). Some days I was considered the meta, some days people wouldn't even put my spec on a ranking chart, but I've cleared the hardest difficulty of every raid without changing my class and sticking to a spec I enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    I dont even quite understand the concept of a main, its like having a waifu?
    Just another way of saying your favorite character?
    Like if I had to delete all my characters and only choose one, is that choice my main?
    One waifu to rule them all! Although a "main" probably just means your most played character or the one that receives the bulk of your attention. I know I'm nearly character limit on my account, and while some of those characters I don't play anymore, the ones that I still frequent feed my "main" over themselves. Could even have two mains in the sense of one Alliance main and one Horde main, if you frequent both factions.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    So I started playing in at the end of Cataclysm, as a Destru lock. I enjoyed every second of it.
    Then I mained Resto Druid in MoP, switched to mage in WoD and I mainly played fury warrior in Legion and BfA.

Now I'm thinking again what character should I play in Shadowlands.
    I feel like it's never going to stop. :|
    I can't be the only one.
    I do it almost every tier, so business as usual for me. Ill pick a new pain, level it to max level, then end up rerolling to a tank as i have every expac since tcb. Not so much because i prefer tanking, but it just seems to be how things end up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people start threads with "Am I the only one?" When they know the answer is obviously no, you are not the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm basically the exact opposite. My first character was a Tauren Hunter and I've mained a hunter ever since. I honestly don't enjoy any other class nearly as much and honestly Hunter is the most unique class in the game in many ways.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - Mage
    BC-Cata - Hunter
    MoP - Shaman
    WoD - Shaman then switched to Mage in the middle
    Leg-BFA - Mage

SL will be Mage.

My primary alt changes even less.

Vanilla - Hunter
    BC-WoD - Mage
    Leg-BFA - Hunter

SL will be Hunter.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2020-09-22 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just play what feels fun. I mained Hunter from TBC launch to Ulduar. I briefly mained Warlock at the start of Uld then went Mage from Uld to ToT. Hunter from SoO to Highmaul. Took a break and came back with Rogue from late-BRF to end of WoD. Monk from Legion launch to just before Tomb. I didn't really have a "main" for the rest of Legion. I started BFA with my Mage, quit maybe a week after Uldir launched. Came back in mid-8.2 on my DH, took another break after clearing heroic TEP. I've been playing my rogue the most recently and am planning to main it going into SL.

I've had most classes at or around max level since Wrath and I usually fully gear a few alts each patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Why do people start threads with "Am I the only one?" When they know the answer is obviously no, you are not the only one.
    Honestly? People often just want to discuss a certain point, but are not sure how to raise it without it sounding like a blog post - this is a pretty common way around it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I just play what feels fun. I mained Hunter from TBC launch to Ulduar. I briefly mained Warlock at the start of Uld then went Mage from Uld to ToT. Hunter from SoO to Highmaul. Took a break and came back with Rogue from late-BRF to end of WoD. Monk from Legion launch to just before Tomb. I didn't really have a "main" for the rest of Legion. I started BFA with my Mage, quit maybe a week after Uldir launched. Came back in mid-8.2 on my DH, took another break after clearing heroic TEP. I've been playing my rogue the most recently and am planning to main it going into SL.

I've had most classes at or around max level since Wrath and I usually fully gear a few alts each patch.
    I have "mained" ALMOST every spec in the game at some point in wows lifespan. A few exceptions being Feral (only tried for like 3 raids, if that), Sub (only used it for one boss when it was broken as fuck), and........well thats honestly all i can think of. I become VERY bored with most specs pretty quickly - usually 1/2 tiers tops for any spec. I do have my "goto" classes and specs that i fall back on pretty frequently, but i try to keep things fresh and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I don't know, why people talk like that in real life?

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one that doesn't?

I've been a paladin main since BC. I've played every expansion. I don't have any functional max level alts.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Druid Main since Pre-launch to Wrath. But I will say my Main Alt has changed every expansion..

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I've never had this problem, since I play more than one class all the time. I do consider my warrior the closest thing to a main, but if I feel like playing my Shaman, I'll play it for a lot for a while, then maybe jump to my paladin and then back to Warrior. All about the mood.

My main was established the day I made my first character. Well - technically I made two characters day 1 - one for Horde, another for Alliance, same class (Druid). I decided my main will be the one who will get to lvl 10 first. It happened Night Elf won, over the Tauren. End line was Bear Form acquisition, while Nelf got it at lvl 10, Turen still stuggled on 11. It was in early/mid BC.

Since then my Druid is my main. I don't feel the need to change mains. If I want to try another class I simply make new alt. Right now I have all classes, both sides covered (that's 23 characters - no dual DH on one server) + 6 more alt-alts on another server, to fool around.

My Druid was first to get to 70, first to enter Northrend, first to get to 80, first to... everything else past that. I had times when I played more other class, once it was Hunter, recently had much fun with Priest. But overall my main is a Druid I made many years ago and that won't change.

Druid will be first to experience Shadowlands and reach new lvl 60.

I've tried several times, but playing anything but priest as my main just doesn't feel right.
    Be it nostalgia or me being sentimental I don't know, I just can't put the bulk of my attention into any other class.