Thread: Classic-BC

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Would you be able to xfer your classic character to tbc? if so, how would you control the economy? Is that character moved off the classic realm, or copied over?

Would you just start with fresh lvl 58s? If so, would that appeal to someone who has spent the previous months gearing their classic toon and getting gold / consumables?

If its a fresh realm, would you start at lvl 1, lvl 58, or lvl 60?

How would you deal with those who dont want the server to reset? That doesnt fit the "museum" philosophy for classic that Blizzard have spoken about.
    There are a couple ways they can do it. If it was me i would do this.

1. All current servers are upgraded to TBC. This is so players can continue in the communities they are apart of and have built up into the next expansion. This would also be as close to the original experience as you could get going into TBC.

2. create however many evergreen classic vanilla servers are needed and allow free transfers to those servers for a limited time. My guess is they wouldn't need many. Once people are finished with Naxx i don't see them hanging around on a mature server for long.

3. they could also have a couple "fresh" vanilla servers for people who want to start over and do it all again. its a popular thing for private servers. They could refresh these every couple years.

I think number one will almost assuredly happen. 2 and 3 could happen if Blizzard thinks there is enough demand for it.

There will 100% be a Burning Crusade version of classic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in complete denial.

The only question is how and when it will happen. Whether just straight making the classic servers into BC or one-way character transfers to a BC server or what.

I personally think they'll keep the classic servers going and create new BC servers that you can transfer characters over to. So if you like classic, you can keep classic. If you want to move on, you move on. Seems to make the most sense.

I think ssc and Tk should be there because it will take a little while to get 25 ppl attuned, but obviously ZA and t6 should probably be gated, except the vials of eternity quest it took a while to get everyone the medallion of karabor. like that quest chain took place mostly in ssc and TK. I don't think t4 will last that long anyway because it is mostly just karazhan and because its only 10 man, its not going to take many weeks until most ppl have everything they want from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    You already know they won't.
    There was not attempt at rebalance for Classic, no reason to believe they will do it differently this time.
    Considering that a lot of Bosses in TBC were actually nerfed (there are actually patchnotes to showcase this) and not just "fixed", i think this opens up at least the possibility.

Not to mention that Blizzard supposedly has a backup on any patch since 1.12, gives them at least the option to do so.
    Which is presumably one of the reasons why Classic launched in a 1.12 state, since they didn't have any reliable data on anything before that point.

However, the idea that Blizzard might actually artificially buff a Boss is highly unlikely.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to stake my claim that they'll announce BCC at Blizzcon Online in February.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd like to stake my claim that they'll announce BCC at Blizzcon Online in February.
    I think thats for the best - if this forum is anything to go by, there is little to no interest in classic as it stands right now. Sadly, i can count the posts/day on this forum on one hand. Hopefully naxx reinvigorates things for a couple of weeks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think thats for the best - if this forum is anything to go by, there is little to no interest in classic as it stands right now. Sadly, i can count the posts/day on this forum on one hand. Hopefully naxx reinvigorates things for a couple of weeks.
    I dunno I'm playing right now. Admittedly it started just to get BCC.

I just feel like there isn't much to discuss. People made their opinions on whether they liked Classic or wanted it artificially made harder clear last year. People who are playing it don't need to trade strats, this was all mathed out years ago, you can PuG everything at least up to AQ20 looking at my server.

But yeah February is probably their best time to announce it. That'll probably be right around Naxx dropping, and right when 9.0 hype is probably starting to wane.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Or people who are interested in classic realized these forums are completely hostile to it and mods allow behaviors that normally result in bans, resulting in them posting elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno I'm playing right now. Admittedly it started just to get BCC.

I just feel like there isn't much to discuss. People made their opinions on whether they liked Classic or wanted it artificially made harder clear last year. People who are playing it don't need to trade strats, this was all mathed out years ago, you can PuG everything at least up to AQ20 looking at my server.

But yeah February is probably their best time to announce it. That'll probably be right around Naxx dropping, and right when 9.0 hype is probably starting to wane.
    I mean.....all those statements are true for the retail and SL forums as well, and those are very active and busy. Just an observation, no hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Or people who are interested in classic realized these forums are completely hostile to it and mods allow behaviors that normally result in bans, resulting in them posting elsewhere.
    There are plenty of people who are hostile to retail yet the number of threads and comments about retail is a lot higher. I think that people who like classic have nothing to talk about because there is really nothing to achieve in the game. Instead you see them pop up in other threads to bash retail. People forget that there's a lot of crossover between the classic and retail games. I agree and think classic is basically dead untill Naxx and that's why there maybe some TBC Classic info fairly soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    You already know they won't.
    There was not attempt at rebalance for Classic, no reason to believe they will do it differently this time.
    actualy this time an argument could be made to buff content,in classic buffing content would leave many specs completly benched even among the more casual crowd,in bc there are valid reasons to bring ret,to bring shadoww priests etc

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There are plenty of people who are hostile to retail yet the number of threads and comments about retail is a lot higher. I think that people who like classic have nothing to talk about because there is really nothing to achieve in the game. Instead you see them pop up in other threads to bash retail. People forget that there's a lot of crossover between the classic and retail games. I agree and think classic is basically dead untill Naxx and that's why there maybe some TBC Classic info fairly soon.
    I think one of the main problems with Classic is that it is a stillborn game. There is nothing to discuss, because nothing can ever possibly change in Classic. No balance fixes, no new content, no meaningful changes whatsoever. Classic is stuck as it is for the next year or so and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
    TBC Classic is going to be the same if/when it is released. Another stillborn game with nothing to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy this time an argument could be made to buff content,in classic buffing content would leave many specs completly benched even among the more casual crowd,in bc there are valid reasons to bring ret,to bring shadoww priests etc
    I actually played BC and the only valid reason to bring a ret was to make them spec holy and get them to heal. Sure there was usually a spot for a sp and maybe a boomkin. Not for ret.
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    It'll be the end of classic for me at least if a BC announcement rolls out. Half my guild is gonna move there and my interest in classic was specifically that we WOULDN'T be getting these expansion re-releases and power resets that negate the progress so far.
    If they go ahead with that they precisely take away the unchanging predictable world I enjoy playing in and the community I enjoy playing with, so I'll likely just finally throw in the towel and unsub. Plenty of other things to do anyway.
    Same with me, didn't have any intention to play tbc but quite a huge amount of people have the opposite idea.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Its tricky,it is very posible that blizz will not release t5 at the start,we have seen them make changes in classic that they said would preserve the original intent,when they released tbc originaly,they intented for t4 to last for some time as it ended up doing,but today t4 wont last one reset,it will literaly be a dead tier set..so im fairly confident they will delay t5
    That's probably a good way to kill the game on birth. Why even bother playing if the proper 25 man's are missing from the beginning? Of course the attunements in BC were rougher than Vanilla but they won't stand in the way of the casual bads. The hardest parts were getting revered for heroics.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So I originally thought that Classic was going to be a Evergreen version of Classic forever. There was never going to be a BC or Wrath, and so on.

However, for awhile now I’ve heard people talking about Classic BC and WOWhead has data mined a model of a Outland dragon pet.

So have I always been wrong or did they change their position on Classic? Is Classic simply starting over and marching forward just like retail just 15 years behind.
    I don't think they'd just do it to restart...that wouldn't make much sense...but I can see them adding BC and eventually WotLK servers as different entities

If Classic-TBC (and by extension Classic-Wrath) happens as separate servers from Classic Vanilla, the population will be stretched thin over two (and eventually three) separate games, and it will drastically reduce the number of players in each game. Then Blizzard will be forced to merge servers to fix sparse population issues, and it will go downhill fast.

I imagine if Classic-TBC were announced, it will be met with a lot of pushback by pure Classic vanilla players. And the same would happen to Classic-TBC players if Classic-Wrath were announced.

How many Classic expansions would go before the entire classic population is as stretched as butter over too much bread?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I just started at Earthshaker alliance, the pop feels pretty similar to what realm populations were back in 2006. Towns like Stormwind and IF have many players running around, levelling zones you sometimes see others but not all the time. Not dead at all.

There isn't much to talk about in classic so idk why people would go to the forums for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I think one of the main problems with Classic is that it is a stillborn game. There is nothing to discuss, because nothing can ever possibly change in Classic. No balance fixes, no new content, no meaningful changes whatsoever. Classic is stuck as it is for the next year or so and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
    TBC Classic is going to be the same if/when it is released. Another stillborn game with nothing to look forward to.
    With these 'classic' WoW games (Vanilla-TBC-WotLK) the main reason for playing them is the process, not the end result. When I played Classic I enjoyed it greatly not because of some shitty loot I got in the dungeons, but of the very process of leveling, figuring out where to find quest objective, how to kill especially hard mob(s), teaming up with people to do so. That's the spirit of Classic, not just solo itemleveling and lootwhoring that retail has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    With these 'classic' WoW games (Vanilla-TBC-WotLK) the main reason for playing them is the process, not the end result. When I played Classic I enjoyed it greatly not because of some shitty loot I got in the dungeons, but of the very process of leveling, figuring out where to find quest objective, how to kill especially hard mob(s), teaming up with people to do so. That's the spirit of Classic, not just solo itemleveling and lootwhoring that retail has become.
    Hahahahaha. It's clear that you are not playing Classic. It's the most lootwhorelingling game wow has ever been since WotLK. Everything is about the loot in Classic. There is always some drama going on in every server about player X either ripping their guild off or ninjaing gear from some irrelevant instance. Guilds griefing other guilds to prevent progression or petty jealousies breaking guilds up. It's fucking awesome.

But to call retail a lootwhore game? Comon man. You're not even trying. If loot is personal how the fuck are you suppose to rip others off like in Classic? Retail has way less drama and in some ways this is a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I don't think they'd just do it to restart...that wouldn't make much sense...but I can see them adding BC and eventually WotLK servers as different entities
    Just get some intern to copy paste classic servers to TBC servers during maintainence. Boom done. Every one is happy.
    why so mad bro