Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Petition for Demo Warlock

Hello fellow Dark Caster's,

If you have enough of the actual Demonology warlock.

If you can't see any more wild imps coming out of your Hand of Gul'dan.

If you don't want to hard cast anymore summons.

Then join me on the wow ptr thread to bring back the good old play style of MoP Demonology.

In the EU forums:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...rlock/183672/8

Maybe we can change something for the future, not in SL but after this.

Don't think anyone cares guy

We still can try it, so we can all say "we tried at least"

don't see the problem while leveling curently 85 on demo lock

Leveling as Demo is fun, but endgame is just tedious. It does not feel rewarding and you have to do double the effort other classes have to do. Also you are incredibly haste dependant.

So yes, while I do think that you could just fix the current iteration of Demo, I still like the MoP iteration more, because it really gave you control over what you are doing.

In beta reviews i saw a lot of "demo is fun but affliction and destro are better" just based on numbers tuning. In the end demo isn't bad. But for raiding, multidotting and strongest 2 target cleave just are too powerful and multitarget cleave rarely happens in raids.

But i think not everyone likes Demo. But the problem is that whatever iteration you implement, it will have people complaining. In the end, the one thing you can do is make suggestions (small ones, not like 7 years ago was better than now).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    In beta reviews i saw a lot of "demo is fun but affliction and destro are better" just based on numbers tuning. In the end demo isn't bad. But for raiding, multidotting and strongest 2 target cleave just are too powerful and multitarget cleave rarely happens in raids.

But i think not everyone likes Demo. But the problem is that whatever iteration you implement, it will have people complaining. In the end, the one thing you can do is make suggestions (small ones, not like 7 years ago was better than now).
    In the WL Beta Feedback thread on the official forums are tons of feedback for Demo, ranging from "Let Axe toss be a real interrupt" to "let us control more than one demon at a time". The feedback is there, Blizz ist just incredibly slow on reacting (not even implementing) it. A little communication to changes like the 6s demon summon would be enough, but especially in regards to Demo Blizz has been awfully quiet (compared to Affliction).

The best way is to have meta as a talent in the last row. So those who like the meta style can play that and those who wants to Summon demons have other talent choices.

Yeah you need at least one talent in each row for the meta style.

Kind of disingenuous to think that with the snap of a finger they can just "revert" class abilities and playstyle. Blizzard is not going to give us Meta back because it has been given to demon hunters. You can definitely try, but you're being a bit too optimistic to think they'll change that now, just a few weeks from the pre patch.

I don't think they change it for SL but afterwards. They kept falling this so called master Summoner for 4 years now

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Throw out Tyrant, give us back Metamorph, and make Hog instant cast. I'll be happy.

Another Patch and again no changes to Demo....

Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    The best way is to have meta as a talent in the last row. So those who like the meta style can play that and those who wants to Summon demons have other talent choices.

Yeah you need at least one talent in each row for the meta style.
    lock is never getting meta back. dh existing made sure of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    Another Patch and again no changes to Demo....
    dont worry, they are likely to nerf destro/aff instead.

Meh. Love it for what it is now. No thanks. If anything I miss buffing the Army because it felt like weaving, but people hated that and wanted to fling more wet shadow noodles for 'personal damage' despite the other two warlock specs being about personal damage. Seeing the army fling out shit faster was more gratifying to me, but can't win them all.

The only gameplay on the spec that was introduced since the rework I disliked is Implosion Build and now that its optional and Tyrant doesn't wipe your minions out anymore I'm happy. My only real disappointment is I wish the the spec had the same variety that you could get out of Inner Demon incorporated outside of that talent, be it hand of gul'dan proccing different demons or some other method. Seems a little wasteful that all of those random demons are mostly inaccessible otherwise. Oh, and I guess the covenant abilities feel more like an afterthought in terms of kit integration vs. the other two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    Meh. Love it for what it is now. No thanks. If anything I miss buffing the Army because it felt like weaving, but people hated that and wanted to fling more wet shadow noodles for 'personal damage' despite the other two warlock specs being about personal damage. Seeing the army fling out shit faster was more gratifying to me, but can't win them all.

The only gameplay on the spec that was introduced since the rework I disliked is Implosion Build and now that its optional and Tyrant doesn't wipe your minions out anymore I'm happy. My only real disappointment is I wish the the spec had the same variety that you could get out of Inner Demon incorporated outside of that talent, be it hand of gul'dan proccing different demons or some other method. Seems a little wasteful that all of those random demons are mostly inaccessible otherwise. Oh, and I guess the covenant abilities feel more like an afterthought in terms of kit integration vs. the other two specs.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I would love to see a demon buff ability return. And i think there needs to be more big demons incorporated into the rotation. Something like roll the bones but with demons.

And on topic: Demo in MoP just felt like they shoved affliction and destro together with an "oooh cool" transformation cd.

Sure it was smooth or fluid or what ever term you would like to use. But it made no sense and didn't feel like a demo warlock, at least to me. It felt like a warlock trying to be a demon hunter. I think the play style of summoning swarms of demons to kill your enemies is more Demo. And if it's boiling down to numbers being an issue, don't blame the changes to the spec for that, that's blizzards ineptitude.
    I'm a thread killer.

Yeah mop demo was a mix of Affliction and destruction. I really liked it, but also i would like to see the master summoner spec Blizzard has announced, i am still waiting for it.

The actually so called demo is just a tiny start of a summoner. The specc just feels like a beginner summoner, that startet the ability to summon demons.

MoP demo was the most fun i ever had as a warlock. Todays demo is so trash. Taking away metamorphosis just killed it.

Petitions are not allowed on the official forums. You're asking people to break the rules.

Also, petitions are ineffective. If you want change, you need to provide the appropriate feedback. Your petition does not provide any actionable feedback. Start by explaining what you found fun about the old spec and what isn't fun about the current spec.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2020-09-23 at 06:02 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The feeling of the master summoner is missing, i don't know why we need to cast 6 second for our pet?

Why it cost a soul Shard?

Why are we paying one Shard for every Demon we summon?

Why are we not able to summon greater demons?

Why is no summon instant?

That is the feeling i am missing.

Old demo was s engaging you had the opportunity to be aggressive. Go in on the fight, the summoner style is more passive.

That is not how the lore describes the Warlock class, there are more aggressive in the lore they leach the life force of there target, this is also missing.

Is this enough?

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Sure it was smooth or fluid or what ever term you would like to use. But it made no sense and didn't feel like a demo warlock, at least to me. It felt like a warlock trying to be a demon hunter. I think the play style of summoning swarms of demons to kill your enemies is more Demo. And if it's boiling down to numbers being an issue, don't blame the changes to the spec for that, that's blizzards ineptitude.
    I mean, with Unending Visions of Lei Shen the MoP Demo Warlock had more imps than current Demo has. And they did WAY more damage in comparison. Not saying that it was balanced, but the playstyle of generating imps via Doom ticks gave Demo options on a council fight. I would like to see this funcionality return to widen Demo's nieche in current content (which is purely single target damage in raids).