Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    so best case scenario is amy coney barret
    while she is right wing, she seems to be classic right wing, scalia was atleasst principled in his anti government originalism and voted in favor of things like muslim rights and free speech alongside helping corporations do whatever they want,
    Scalia was a shitshow.

He was unprincipled, regularly made shit up, and flouted legalism back and forth. Even when he was on the "justice" side of the argument, he did so for completely asinine, made up reasons, all with the purpose of trying to set some legal precedence.

Much like Reagan, he's considered "not so bad" because he said it in a well-spoken manner. That's it.

The dude is rotting in hell, as far as I'm concerned. Easily the most conservative justice of the last 50 years, moreso than Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and and Kavanaugh.

And this is what we are willing to settle for? Amy Coney Barret is a fucking utter shitshow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hey Adam silly question but what would you call the opposite of an antifascist? /s
    A Nazi.

Black Shirt would be an acceptable answer too.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Adam silly question but what would you call the opposite of an antifascist? /s
    Its pretty much like Skub, you're either pro-skub or anti-skub.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    A Nazi.

Wow, so much for the tolerant left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Nah, this is America. They'd be Silver Shirts.

Or maybe Red Shirts if they're going for that classic "confederate terrorist" look.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Hmm i'd call them fascist pigs, losers, people who should be sent to re-education camps, Nazis...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Or maybe Red Shirts if they're going for that classic "confederate terrorist" look.
    Red shirts, and being overweight. Add to that an improperly handled AR-15 and a big Silverado or F-150
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

That could go badly for them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That could go badly for them.
    Have we accidentally stumbled upon how the Federation deals with far right extremists?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have we accidentally stumbled upon how the Federation deals with far right extremists?
    That's a rather grim outlook then, considering red shirts are leading positions later (TNG).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    That's a rather grim outlook then, considering red shirts are leading positions later (TNG).
    Why do you think the Federation is going off the rails as of Picard? /illuminatimusic

Segue from Trekkie talk. I’m assuming unless there’s surprises, even Romney voting against will matter not in the SCOTUS nomination? Grassley, Alexander and Gardner have said they’ll vote yay. They’re a united bunch of cunts, I’ll say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Segue from Trekkie talk. I’m assuming unless there’s surprises, even Romney voting against will matter not in the SCOTUS nomination? Grassley, Alexander and Gardner have said they’ll vote yay. They’re a united bunch of cunts, I’ll say that.
    Yeah, it's done. I highly recommend this podcast, which was one of those rare things in politics: genuinely illuminating. https://bulwarkpodcast.thebulwark.co...tch-mcconnells Also explains why McConnell has no intention of ever legislating and is outsourcing implementation of the conservative vision to the courts he's been packing apace.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, it's done. I highly recommend this podcast, which was one of those rare things in politics: genuinely illuminating. https://bulwarkpodcast.thebulwark.co...tch-mcconnells Also explains why McConnell has no intention of ever legislating and is outsourcing implementation of the conservative vision to the courts he's been packing apace.
    Have added it to my listen list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    you are actually getting a bird whos in a cult maggie atwood based the handmaids tale on in your supreme court?
    Evangelicals view The Handmaid's Tale as a horror story too.
    It's about how Women, Gays, and Lesbians try to ruin their perfect society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Evangelicals view The Handmaid's Tale as a horror story too.
    It's about how Women, Gays, and Lesbians try to ruin their perfect society.
    That is freaking hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, so much for the tolerant left.
    Look what happened last time we tolerated the nazis.

20-50 million dead, the most brutal war in human history, genocide, holocaust. If there's one thing the left shouldn't tolerate, it's fascism.

(and I know you're being facetious.)

- - - Updated - - -

Drain the swamp?

Defense officials use money meant for medical swabs and masks for jet engines, body armor and dress uniforms.

The Cares Act gave the Pentagon a one billion dollar fund to confront the coronavirus epidemic. This money was meant for things like masks, swabs, PPE, etc. Instead, hundreds of millions of that money are being spent on a new Rolls Royce jet engine, on satellite and drone technology, on a Kansas aircraft parts company struggling due to the 737 Max shut down, and on a fabric manufacturer for army uniforms.

Because what we Americans need right now, are new jet engines.
    Putin khuliyo

Well I was wrong. Romney voting for Supreme Court and its 51. So its over.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Right now the last slim home seems to be pressuring Graham into not moving forward with the nominee in committee in fear of losing his seat. Though I doubt if that will be enough, because as I said with Collins he'll be met with an avalanche of lucrative post-Senate lobbying gigs in an effort to secure his vote while giving him a reward for the end of his career in public office. But that will mean the Republicans are playing with potentially losing Senate seats, so it's more than likely a pointless fantasy of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Romney is likely going to run in 2024 and this is what he'll bank on.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after admitting to Woodward he knows that young people are impacted, self serving Don is back to saying Covid only hurts old people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi