Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    The Blood Elves have shown themselves to be hypocrites many times in the past.
    First, they withdraw from the Alliance because humans aren't worth their time and they didn't protect their forest as they were too busy saving their own human lands which was under the most attack by the Horde.

Then they refusef to send aid to Lordaeron to combat the Plague as it was "not their problem", then they have the nerve to get angry at the Alliance for not comming to their aid when the Scourge invaded their lands despite withdrawing from the Alliance and not sending aid to them when they needed it.

Then they have the gull to get insulted by a human for talking down to them when their entire demeanor is looking down on humans s inferious beings.

This is just a few examples of the Blood Elves being a bunch of hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
    That was when they still called themselves "High" Elves; the very same people that are with the Silver Covenant & the same for the Void Elves before they got mutated. Looking at the actions of the Blood Elves, they are not as stupid as those in charge in the past; the Blood Elves mobilized multiple times to aid the Horde & even went into the dark portal to fight the Iron Horde. I don't remember seeing the Silver Covenant playing any part against the Iron Horde when the alliance needed help, so arent the ones on the Alliance side more similar to that isolationist mindset than the Horde High Elves?

Also you clearly don't know your lore do you? High Elves sent mages & priests to aid with the plague; even their prince fought to retake Dalaran, and what does the Alliance give them in return? They imprison the Prince & all the blood elves with him in Dalaran, the very city they fought to retake without any help from Humans.
    in the Reign of Chaos manual, the High Elves you play in the Human Campaign were all volunteers from the Kirin Tor and Silverhand who ignored Anasterian's royal decree to leave the Alliance and return home; however in the Chronicles, it got retconned into Anasterian sending a few Priests after Terenas died

also, I daresay the Silver Covenant today's basis for rejoining the Alliance is their former allegiance to the Alliance of Lordaeron; and that they're the same High Elves who volunteered in Arthas' forces, as well as Dagren/Halakh/Magroth's refugee militia forces

majority of Kael's forces you play in Frozen Throne were from the Quel'thalas proper and only a few of them were part of the said volunteers like Rommath
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

There is nothing suggesting the sin'dorei are ok with san'layn. It was Sylvanas' decision to possibly let them join the Horde. Most of the Horde didn't seem too happy about it, if I recall. So I'm not sure why this thread exists because there wasn't a single instance of sin'dorei and Lor'themar being accepting of san'layn.

I don't remember the san'layn trying to take a big fat dump in the sunwell like alleria did

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    WEll you make a fair point for everything but Death magic - I don't think any magic is not without its dnagers, even the light, but the Light safeguards it's users because it requires a certain level of benevolence type devotion to wield it the extents required - but as the lieks of Scarlets an d others shown, if you get duped, you can misuse the Light too even.
    I believe this will be a problem for blood elves in the future. I think Sunwell will completely warp their minds to serve naaru. I fully expect Suramar questline repeat at some point.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    I don't remember the san'layn trying to take a big fat dump in the sunwell like alleria did
    the void elves were also following a man who allowed the first big fat dumping in the sunwell lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I believe this will be a problem for blood elves in the future. I think Sunwell will completely warp their minds to serve naaru. I fully expect Suramar questline repeat at some point.
    I don't see it happening, they'd at best subjugate the naaru again if they "betray" the Blood Elves and they'd serve as a frontliner against the Light if it attacks Azeroth
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

The San'layn inclusion seems to have been a failed test-period under Sylvanas's regime that wasn't even ever shown to Horde players; unless Shadowlands beta has shown otherwise I don't think they're among us anymore.

As to why the void arts were forbidden is due to their corruptive nature. Especially the Sunwell, the most sacred site to the sin'dorei, was susceptible to it. So it's not so much individual evil, but that the void practitioners were seen as unreliable due to dabbling with power thought to be uncontrollable. And honestly, at the time they were banished they actually were fucking it up, only managing to get a grip once Alleria and Locus-Walker entered the fray. At that point void elves were already alienated from the Horde and through Alleria Alliance was to be their side.

Also, good of OP to mention the fel. The period of time when blood elves were looking into the potential of fel serves as a stark reminder what it means to dabble with corruptive energies. Fel wasn't good for them, it almost cost them everything.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
    Illidari uses fel magic, not void; and they were in a desperate situation so the more fire powers they have the better to fight in Argus. But when it came to the void, they locked Alleria up for just tapping into the void at the time; the void elves are drowning in void. Light Forged are not extremists like the Lightbound but they are almost as Zealous as them when it comes to fighting for the Light.
    Fel magic is just as malevolent as Void, and the LF had been fighting the armies of Fel since forever.

If the LF have a problem with Ren'dorei, they can go complain to Anduin. I'm sure he'll be eager to listen to their complaint (too bad Anduin has no problem whatsoever with Alleria, so no one can touch her ).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-22 at 08:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another elf thread, and its pointless once again, cause tis very obvious why they are not ok with the people who threat their very fount of power and sustenance.

They are not ok with the san'layn, no one in the horde was, they were just canon folder that Sylvanas tried to bring as loyal subjects who could do evil shit without problem, they were all dead after the alliance campaign and no one want those dead knife ears around

most of the Blood Elves were, possibly even still are, ignorant of Sylvanas using the San'layn. while it's discovered in the Alliance campaign there is absolutely no mention of it at all on Horde side, making it clear that it's not common knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Void Elves to my knowledge willingly gave themselves over to an evil power, a power that would destroy the Sunwell if just one of them were near and even without them doing it.

If you use void powers, you're not in full control of it and can lose it at anytime, if you use death powers, you are in control.
    That's not really correct. Umbric's group willingly studied Void in order to utilize it for defense of Quel'thalas. Their transformation was however unwilling, they were ambushed by ethereal which forcibly tried to turn them into ethereals. That ritual was interrupted, so elves maintained their form, altered by void.

This special case combines with knowledge of Locus Walker give them ability to resist and defy corruptive nature of the Void.

Because edgy elves are worse than vampire elves, obviously. And not just because they are traitors to their homeland.

Of course, they should be condemning both of them, but at least they've got their priorities straight

The whole reason behind it have nothing to do with lore and it was only there to give pretty elves to alliance

5+ Year Old Account
    That never really happened and even if it did, it'd be in the same realm as Dark Rangers. They aren't Lor'Themar's people. They're Sylvanas' fodder who don't complicate things for Silvermoon and won't be missed when they're gone. Meanwhile VEs challenge Silvermoon's very foundations (Sunwell) and it's a lol-fest Alleria and her crew did exactly what Lor'Themar feared in SW's Horrifc Vision.

A better question is how come elves can master void energy (the most potent stuff ever), but my worgen druid can't get a wolf > cat form bc of a lesser creature's curse. We've dealt with far stronger and even mastered the scythe of Elune. True Good Boy Form Pls.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Can someone explain this logic pls - San'layn characters are evil as fuck, and the stuff they do is terrible, but yet it seems the Belves aren't that bothered by it, but have a major issue with void elves - kicking them out "dangerous magic " (ahem, remember fel in TFT-TBC? remember Illidari??), but yet seem offended they re-joined the alliance and actually value it a lot more.

Not to mention they are far more in line with the values the blood elves seem to eschew, yet they'd rather go with the San'layn...

Someone explain to me how? ! Why?!
    by the way now that we deny that the sanlyn are part of the quelthalas society and that they live in quelthalas.

I want to ask why are you talking about the Illidari? remembering that the Illidari are their own faction that are allied to the horde and alliance but not in the lore they are not part of either the horde or the alliance they are allies and have their own society and territory.
    and to finish I would like to know why you did this thread? clearly uninformative and biased with the sole objective of attacking the blood elves, I know you very well and I know that you are a person who knows the lore and therefore I am sure that this is not a mistake this is intentional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    The Blood Elves have shown themselves to be hypocrites many times in the past.
    First, they withdraw from the Alliance because humans aren't worth their time and they didn't protect their forest as they were too busy saving their own human lands which was under the most attack by the Horde.

Then they refusef to send aid to Lordaeron to combat the Plague as it was "not their problem", then they have the nerve to get angry at the Alliance for not comming to their aid when the Scourge invaded their lands despite withdrawing from the Alliance and not sending aid to them when they needed it.

Then they have the gull to get insulted by a human for talking down to them when their entire demeanor is looking down on humans s inferious beings.

This is just a few examples of the Blood Elves being a bunch of hypocrites.
    you know nothing of the lore of the queldorei / sindorei.

but hey, I'll answer you. Humans abandoned quelthalas to their fate in WCII. As the horde armies retreated from lordaeron to the south, the humans who were still supported by quelthas troops chased them south while leaving the elves to fight alone against the amani while part of the quelthalas army traveled south with the humans. to finish defeating the horde, but more importantly what made anasterian decide to leave the alliance is that he saw that the growing imperialism of lordaeron was also the reason why gilneas left the alliance.
    the fall of lordaeron occurred in practically a few days, much closer than whatlthalas was, gilneas, dalaran, Aerie Peak and nobody helped. In quelthalas the little information they had was that Arthas started a civil war against his father to take the throne, so they believed that it was an internal war of lordaeron and it was not their problem. the blood elves blame the humans for what happened because arthas was a human prince and kelthuzad a human archmage, we can disagree with that now but that was the idea they had at that time.
    they were mad at garithos because he used them as cannon fodder in suicide missions and he later sentenced them to extermination, a good reason to be angry.

I suggest you re-read chronicles and read blood of the highborns
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-09-22 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Quel'thalas had left the Alliance at that point, but they still send support. It was mentioned in chronicle 3
    Ah, thanks! I haven't gotten through all of that volume yet, so I'll look forward to that. I was wrong about this one, and I really do appreciate the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I don't see it happening, they'd at best subjugate the naaru again if they "betray" the Blood Elves and they'd serve as a frontliner against the Light if it attacks Azeroth
    I think the scenario will be that Rommath/Lor'themar/Liadrin will become a cartoon villain and then we defeat him and take naaru as slaves.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    A better question IMO is why didnt the Void Elves just go to the Undercity? The apothecaries and shadowpriests there would have been ecstatic. And theyre already close allies.
    My guess is that they felt even more comfortable with Alleria, and she offered them perspectives on the void that they lacked. Presumably their research, which had begun before their exile, had already taken into account all data available from the forsaken, given that they were allies.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think the scenario will be that Rommath/Lor'themar/Liadrin will become a cartoon villain and then we defeat him and take naaru as slaves.
    yes Lor'themar and Liadrin, but not Rommath; he is strong willed and he isn't gonna let himself get persuaded by the naaru

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is nothing suggesting the sin'dorei are ok with san'layn. It was Sylvanas' decision to possibly let them join the Horde. Most of the Horde didn't seem too happy about it, if I recall. So I'm not sure why this thread exists because there wasn't a single instance of sin'dorei and Lor'themar being accepting of san'layn.
    the answer is simple! the alliance is superior the horde is trash by the author of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    yes Lor'themar and Liadrin, but not Rommath; he is strong willed and he isn't gonna let himself get persuaded by the naaru
    I would say the opposite. He is a mage so he is the most suspectible to any form of mind control.