Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Coldplay are over rated, I don;t get why people love them. Now its true I like some Coldplay stuff, I love their instrumental work, I think Clocks is the best thing they have done. But Chris Martin vocals sounds like a dying drone. I have heard drunks sing better.
    Clocks is my favorite Coldplay song <3

TV-Shows where people are so damn happy and sing songs and only get praise even if they are shit are the worst thing I know when it comes to music. Despite it so much. From I was a kid my parents had that shit on every weekend and nowadays its like 4-5 versions of them. Everyone looks forward to watch and listen to all these shows and all I can think of is fuck off...

Imagine being so tired of that stuff you come across as a salty idiot typing this

I love the music from Jem and the Holograms!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    A small random selection of people on an internet forum talking shit about pop artists should not be considered popular opinion.
    I mean, within that subgroup of people, the people actually responding to the question, it absolutely is. If I'm in a room with a 100 people, and the other 99 have a different opinion than mine, my opinion is the unpopular one within that room, even if every other person on the face of the earth agrees with me.

Furthermore, I didn't make hipster remarks about pop artists. I made mean-spirited comments about Taylor Swift.
    Eh, regardless of how somebody says the word potato, they're still describing a starchy root vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean, within that subgroup of people, the people actually responding to the question, it absolutely is. If I'm in a room with a 100 people, and the other 99 have a different opinion than mine, my opinion is the unpopular one within that room, even if every other person on the face of the earth agrees with me.
    Multiple people within this thread have spoken with fondness of various pop musicians. Try Again. You're not making the bold statement you think you're making.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Eh, regardless of how somebody says the word potato, they're still describing a starchy root vegetable.
    No, I was pretty much just taking a huge dump on Swift, her shitty music and her purchased fame. I'm not a huge fan of pop music but I don't really begrudge most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Multiple people within this thread have spoken with fondness of various pop musicians. Try Again. You're not making the bold statement you think you're making.
    Huge statement? Dude, it's a single remark on an offtopic thread regarding music opinions. It's not meant to be profound.

No, I was pretty much just taking a huge dump on Swift, her shitty music and her purchased fame. I'm not a huge fan of pop music but I don't really begrudge most of them.
    Sure. I imagine you tell yourself that as you write your novel on a vintage typewriter sipping your fair trade coffee picked by a special group of Dominican priests, listening to a band that none of us have heard of whilst enjoying an artisanal pickle.

(also, I'm pretty much just pulling your leg at this point, on the off chance that wasn't obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bands such as Queen, Kiss, The Eagles, and Bruce Springsteen were far better at marketing than music. The positioning they enjoyed via their agents and managers is the real accomplishment.
    Wtf. Freddie had best vocal capabilities out of all the singers dead or alive and let's not forget that it was a real band not some shitty band that creates music on fruitloops and sings on playback. Fuck band or any singer that doesn't have any instrument on stage other that some idiot opening mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Wtf. Freddie had best vocal capabilities out of all the singers dead or alive and let's not forget that it was a real band not some shitty band that creates music on fruitloops and sings on playback. Fuck band or any singer that doesn't have any instrument on stage other that some idiot opening mouth.
    Imagine being this inflammatory about music you don't like
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rap is trash and it boggles my mind how People enjoy it or how it even makes money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bands such as Queen, Kiss, The Eagles, and Bruce Springsteen were far better at marketing than music. The positioning they enjoyed via their agents and managers is the real accomplishment.

That is not to say they are talentless or necessarily bad musicians. They just are actually not as good or well thought of in their respective peaks as the general populace might think after years of AAA marketing.
    I loved this.

Perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I hate this and love it at the same time?

“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Imagine being this inflammatory about music you don't like
    nope, its just a fact. Music without real instruments on stage isnt really music.

The beatles were overrated

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beyonce sucks.
    Whiny male singers should be banished.

The generation before me (1) thought that my generation's music (2) was trash.

I think the music of the generation after me (3) (some exceptions of course) is trash ( I'm 43) and that's kind of normal (hey it happened to me) but ,as opposed to me who loves Led Zeppeling and Pink Floyd and many others that came before me....this generation (3) as a general statement think that ALL the music before them is trash so it's not the usual: old people can't understand new music...no,it's young peple can't understand old music and that sets an incredibly dangerous precedent.

In an formal statement:

1) hears 1) and 0)
    2) hears 2) and 1) and 0)
    3) hears 3)

So I can not wait for my little bastards ( I love them anyway ) to grow up,have children on their own and my grandchildren telling them their "old music" is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The beatles were overrated
    Also my unpopular music opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Um... Well, I think that must pop music made today (or the late 2010s) really sucks, and all sounds the same.
    Have to agree. The start of 2000's had some really big schlagers. Now it all sounds and looks identical and usually consists of a lot of boobs and ass. Really miss those catchy tunes that would get stuck in your head no matter you liked them or not.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Volbeat is better than Ramstein.
    Lamb of God is better than Slayer.
    There is no good rap or hip hop music.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    Turning WoW's music off or listening to some other music while playing should be illegal.
    I literally have not listened to WOW in like 10 years or more. I am always talking to someone while playing and have game sound muted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I agree I like bands not single people singing to nothing with background music.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Rap is trash and it boggles my mind how People enjoy it or how it even makes money.
    I was in the same boat then I discovered Tom MacDonald, and I cannot get enough of his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    Turning WoW's music off or listening to some other music while playing should be illegal.
    It's been so long since I had wow game sounds turned on I forgot they were even there tbh

Anyone that says X genre is trash has never delved beyond the surface of that genre and is judging it solely on a few artists or songs they have heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Rap is low tier trash when it comes to music genres despite it being one of the most popular in the US.
    I agree with this unpopular statement and wish to add country music to it.