I would like to think that the republicans fully rat-fucking the Supreme Court will finally give the dems the chutzpah needed to go completely balls-to-the-walls when they get into power. But then I remember that the dems have no spine, and no follow-through. Maybe they'll write a firmly worded letter or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Right now the last slim home seems to be pressuring Graham into not moving forward with the nominee in committee in fear of losing his seat. Though I doubt if that will be enough, because as I said with Collins he'll be met with an avalanche of lucrative post-Senate lobbying gigs in an effort to secure his vote while giving him a reward for the end of his career in public office. But that will mean the Republicans are playing with potentially losing Senate seats, so it's more than likely a pointless fantasy of mine.
    Well, if Collins votes no it is all for show. It is McConnell giving her the okay to vote no to save her seat. I hope the voters of Maine see this.

A sorta oh btw if you live in Maine or whatever, speaking for myself. Everything the Supreme Court is about to do will likely not affect me in the most. Well, they are going to let corporations eff us real hard, but what's new. So to all the Maine women voters and voters of any minority across the land, you better wake up cause you are about to get effed.

Getting way ahead of myself but again like Collins, Chief Justice Roberts can vote "NO" on Roe v Wade and it will not make a difference. Will most states do an outright ban? Blue states are safe but can really campaign on the fact that if a Republican majority takes over that state they may take away women's rights. Southern, conservative states if you live there as a woman or minority, does not look good.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh yes. For anyone don't be fooled Romney will vote.

Joe Manchin will too. I mean this judge would have to be a real piece of crap for Manchin not to vote. Did he vote for Kavanaugh? I think not. I will look it up.

Yes Manchin voted for Kavanaugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Just less than 3-5 days ago Trump put out a list of judges. It was a who really cares moment. Well, they likely knew RBG was on her deathbed. These Grim Reaper mofo's are toasting right now.
    Much like the left did when Scalia died. The difference here is we get to get rid of a self serving social activist judge who never followed the constitution and ruled based on "what is morally or socially right, to the liberals " instead of what the Constitution prescribes

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Romney is likely going to run in 2024 and this is what he'll bank on.
    On killing Roe v Wade. No matter what you think of Roe v Wade the majority of Americans support it. In a weird way it is still 50/50 on pro-life vs pro-choice. I believe well over 60% support Roe v Wade.

As I just stated some of this will not affect me personally but my most passionate topic is voting rights and getting as many people to vote. We will see what the Supreme Court does. While again we getting ahead, but Romney sorta said "yes" before we have a process for a Justice. So not an "if" but it is a given this Just will want to destroy voting in America. Let people in on the secret, it will help the party losing power to remain power and as we have seen, they abuse the power.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Much like the left did when Scalia died. The difference here is we get to get rid of a self serving social activist judge who never followed the constitution and ruled based on "what is morally or socially right, to the liberals " instead of what the Constitution prescribes
    Wait, so republicans refusing to vote on a nominee was constitutional?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

"It's ok when our side are hypocrites because it's in our favor."

Isn't quite the moral or legal argument that I think you think it is.

Hey look what crawled out from under a rock!

Scalia, Alito and Thomas ignored the 14th Amendment every chance they had and couldn't grasp what the word "regulated" meant in the 2nd Amendment.

So did your cushy unionized job save you from Covid?

WTF are you talking about. Since you are one of the OG shitposters here I will give you a reply.

What did the left do when Scalia died? Obama had the right to nominate a Justice. Remember this he couldn't even nominate and get a vote.

So if you come back and say this is different then I am back to good ole Orlong and not going to argue with someone who can't be reasoned with.

I laugh at your "activist judges" when you are doing the same shit. It is only activist when you don't agree with ruling. Your orange turd attacks the First Amendment on a daily basis along with many other amendments.

People like you kill me who swear you have some righteous principle believing in what is stated in the Constitution when almost most of it is never stated. Plus we have other laws that our government is based on. Again, not going to argue with someone who does not have a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mitt Romney: "Trump is a criminal who should stand trial before the Senate"

Also Mitt Romney: "Trump is a criminal who should stand trial before the Senate, but we should trust him with a SCOTUS pick that'll influence the court for 30+ years"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "It's ok when our side are hypocrites because it's in our favor."

Isn't quite the moral or legal argument that I think you think it is.
    Remember when SCOTUS ruled in favor of protection of gay marriage. Read Scalia's dissent. I am by far no legal scholar but it's hilarious cause he whines basically "meh religion" and "i can't be a bigot".

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/26/885149...arriage-scalia

Yes this Vox and Ezra Klein, a left journalist but again for anyone who wants to debate look up Scalia's dissent. He cries and whines.

An oh btw to Orlong and all the "pure" Constitution rubes. Many rulings like Brown v Board of Education is nowhere near the effin Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Mitt Romney: "Trump is a criminal who should stand trial before the Senate"

Also Mitt Romney: "Trump is a criminal who should stand trial before the Senate, but we should trust him with a SCOTUS pick that'll influence the court for 30+ years"
    This criminal and yes he is just appointed 3 Supreme Court Justices!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    69 days is the average... the issue is what happens after the election. I think Dems can hold it until after the election, but not until January.

- - - Updated - - -

Once Trump gets the pick, what will his voters want when voting for him? Why would people vote for him, if he has nothing left?
    Breyer should be kicking the bucket too in the next 4 years and we want Trump to fill his seat too

Funny how her legal arguments when she was in front of the Supreme Court, not on the bench, were often so compelling even conservatives were convinced by her legal argument. Like how when you conservatives felt that you didn't have to pay our women serving in the military housing pay because they're women and their husband will buy them a house and RBG convinced some of your less cultish compatriots that no you don't get to pay women less for doing the same role.

And yet you defend Scalia who could quite literally be replaced with an 18th century dictionary and somehow magically knew the exact intent of the founders. One he of course cleverly selected to best fit his own personal beliefs.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-09-22 at 05:48 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

"Blatant open corruption is perfectly fine, as long as we get our judges seated though." - GOP
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    "Blatant open corruption is perfectly fine, as long as we get our judges seated though." - GOP
    You're under the assumption they didn't know and sign off on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're under the assumption they didn't know and sign off on this.
    You're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF are you talking about. Since you are one of the OG shitposters here I will give you a reply.

What did the left do when Scalia died? Obama had the right to nominate a Justice. Remember this he couldn't even nominate and get a vote.
    I was referring to toasting and being ecstatic when he died, not whether Obama gets to appoint a judge. However if you want to bring that into it, I said they shouldve held hearing on Garland and then held a vote, and then when the senate voted no, nobody could say he wasnt given a chance

I was referring to toasting and being ecstatic when he died, not whether Obama gets to appoint a judge. However if you want to bring that into it, I said they shouldve held hearing on Garland and then held a vote, and then when the senate voted no, nobody could say he wasnt given a chance
    But they didn't vote on Garland did they. So your arguments are moot.

So your feelings are hurt that some people talked about Scalia's replacement when he died. Yeah, glad the other side was gracious in RBG's death. Since I'm a Woke Independent I don't care on both sides cause in these times nobody is going to be kind in time of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    69 days is the average... the issue is what happens after the election. I think Dems can hold it until after the election, but not until January.
    Dems cannot do anything. It will be done before the election, barring the nominee having a heart attack / taking a shit on live tv...and even then.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Well, the GOP sat on a vacant seat for over nine months without issue while Obama was president and only filled it once their president was elected. They didn't care about having a hearing or passing a vote. They could have voted, "No", and then Obama could have appointed another candidate, but they didn't even try to work with him. Now, they are looking to fill another seat in weeks when it's clear they still have no intention of working with Democrats. They are political vultures, and they have no standards.
    Last edited by omerome; 2020-09-22 at 06:14 PM.