Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Guy asked if it would run Xbox One X enhancements, you replied saying it's possible yet it isn't because it's not happening.

Anything else is a massive goal post shift. It can't play games at Xbox One X settings, that is the reality here. It has it's advantages over the One X, but the GPU is just not made to play games above 1440p and most One X games run above that, a lot even reaching native 4k.
    If they decide to not let it run at 4K, then let them, benchmarks with comparable cards show the performance is there, what ever reason they decided is what they decided.

It is strange for a GPU (polaris) is not a 4K card from the get go as its only 4 CU above the desktop equivalent and that was literally targeted as a 1080p card from AMD to a card (Navi) which on desktop is a 1440P targeted card (esp with a new arch this time round), let you take that as you will.

Would not surprise me if down the line this changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    If they decide to not let it run at 4K, then let them, benchmarks with comparable cards show the performance is there, what ever reason they decided is what they decided.

It is strange for a GPU (polaris) is not a 4K card from the get go as its only 4 CU above the desktop equivalent and that was literally targeted as a 1080p card from AMD to a card (Navi) which on desktop is a 1440P targeted card (esp with a new arch this time round), let you take that as you will.

Would not surprise me if down the line this changes.
    Guy doesn't like being wrong so apparently they chose to not do it to sell more One Xs I guess. Oh wait, they discontinued it. Not all flops are equal but we are talking a 2 TF difference here AND a 1 GB VRam disadvantage. In what fantasy world do you think they can click some magic button and ignore this just because it's newer architecture and more efficient? Those are massive differences on the GPU front, and while the CPU and SSD run circles around the One X they can't help with this at all.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-09-12 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Guy doesn't like being wrong so apparently they chose to not do it to sell more One Xs I guess. Oh wait, they discontinued it. Not all flops are equal but we are talking a 2 TF difference here AND a 1 GB VRam disadvantage. In what fantasy world do you think they can click some magic button and ignore this just because it's newer architecture and more efficient? Those are massive differences on the GPU front, and while the CPU and SSD run circles around the One X they can't help with this at all.

You are right that not all TF are equal, heres some data.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...-vega-64.c2871

The RX Vega 64 will offer a typical boost range of 1546 MHz, a base clock of 1247 MHz, and a board power of 295W. Those figures are good for 12.66 TFLOPS of peak single-precision performance and 25.3 TFLOPS of half-precision throughput.

For the 5700 XT

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...-5700-xt.c3339

At up to 9.75 TFLOPs and 7.95 TFLOPs of raw computing power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS0J...l=TestingGames

heres a benchmark between these 2 gpus.

THE AMD NAVI GPU DESTROYS THE MUCH HIGHER TF AMD VEGA 64.

15+ Year Old Account
    All sold out in seconds due to bots

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    All sold out in seconds due to bots
    why do you hate?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    why do you hate?
    Why wouldnt i hate scalpers?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why wouldnt i hate scalpers?
    i was unsure of your meaning behind it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just pre-ordered the $600 one via MS directly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got one at best buy xd

So ummm a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

Sales of the Xbox One X has spiked 431% On Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/movers-and...language=en_US

Nice naming MS 10/10.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-09-22 at 08:30 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So ummm a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

Sales of the Xbox One X has spiked 431% On Amazon.

Nice naming MS 10/10.
    https://twitter.com/AndrewAlerts/sta...97697775562752

heh, was coming to post this. Surprised it's already hitting.

Wonder if they'll attempt to differentiate it by renaming it "Xbox 76" in light of their recent Bethesda acquisition : D

Seriously, I get that Nintendo is off doing their own thing and shit but like...did nobody at Microsoft pay any attention to the consumer confusion with the confusingly named Wii U?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously, I get that Nintendo is off doing their own thing and shit but like...did nobody at Microsoft pay any attention to the consumer confusion with the confusingly named Wii U?
    Based on the current uptick in sales of the XBX I would say no LOL. Like I called this shit the moment they gave it the Series X name. This is something that is going to bite them in the ass in a major way.

Wonder if they'll attempt to differentiate it by renaming it "Xbox 76" in light of their recent Bethesda acquisition : D
    LOL

Edit: Its up 747%
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-09-22 at 10:04 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://twitter.com/AndrewAlerts/sta...97697775562752

heh, was coming to post this. Surprised it's already hitting.

Can't we also assume its people seeing if the old xbox one X has been discounted?

Just like people do this with PC hardware and actually phones too, consoles aren't so different when really people could never afford the console full price and theres games on it they wanted to play.

However I do think MS needs to update their naming scheme.

Can't we also assume its people seeing if the old xbox one X has been discounted?

Just like people do this with PC hardware and actually phones too, consoles aren't so different when really people could never afford the console full price and theres games on it they wanted to play.

However I do think MS needs to update their naming scheme.
    Don't think there were any discounts.

Best explanation I've heard was that Amazon was straight up out of Xbox Ones for a while and the spike is largely due to them getting more stock in. Makes a lot of sense if true, but damn if the timing ain't coincidental with the Series X/S preorders.

Don't think there were any discounts.

Best explanation I've heard was that Amazon was straight up out of Xbox Ones for a while and the spike is largely due to them getting more stock in. Makes a lot of sense if true, but damn if the timing ain't coincidental with the Series X/S preorders.
    Oh I can see they aren't but doesn't mean people won't check if it might, you know, out with the old and in with the new.

Tech has a tendency for the old stuff to be discounted a bit more once a new gen comes in, its very true for smartphones which is ingrained with the general public by now.

These are sales, not page hits. And not only are they not on sale, you can't even find new ones at MSRP because MS stopped making them in July. These are literally used and refurbished One Xs being sold here. The only new ones are being sold well above MSRP and I hope there weren't idiots buying those...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-09-23 at 12:20 AM.

Oh I can see they aren't but doesn't mean people won't check if it might, you know, out with the old and in with the new.

Tech has a tendency for the old stuff to be discounted a bit more once a new gen comes in, its very true for smartphones which is ingrained with the general public by now.
    Just double checked Amazon, doesn't look like it.

Discontinued model (which was on top and still is) doesn't appear to have any discounts, and the renewed model is "discounted" to $400 despite that appearing to be the normal MSRP for the 1TB model.

Just double checked Amazon, doesn't look like it.

Discontinued model (which was on top and still is) doesn't appear to have any discounts, and the renewed model is "discounted" to $400 despite that appearing to be the normal MSRP for the 1TB model.
    Yea discounts aren't going to exist for it they stopped making the thing 2 months ago. https://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-one-x...-discontinued/

It's gonna be even worse for people looking for a Series S this holiday season cause they are still actively making the One S. Gonna be a lot of little Jimmies opening their "S" they wanted on Christmas and being disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever is responsible for design there certainly did a questionable job.

Could they make it look a bit less like a trashcan? I get it, it's Xbox, but maaaan, they certainly could have made it better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Whoever is responsible for design there certainly did a questionable job.

Could they make it look a bit less like a trashcan? I get it, it's Xbox, but maaaan, they certainly could have made it better than that.
    Pretty sure it's designed that way for thermal performance. There's a reason the PS5 is the basically the size of a mid tower PC.