Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're only seeing the 4 realms that keep Shadowlands running. Most souls wouldn't go to these place but go to one of the infinite realms out there.
    you say that while we have all this evidence that major characters do go to these 4 major realms instead of more fitting realms. uther doesn't get snatched up by the light? maldraxxus is really orc heaven instead of something more orc like or even halls of valor?

there is a reason these 4 realms keep the shadowlands running, most souls do in fact go there. (and without any choice in the matter it seems)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you say that while we have all this evidence that major characters do go to these 4 major realms instead of more fitting realms. uther doesn't get snatched up by the light? maldraxxus is really orc heaven instead of something more orc like or even halls of valor?

there is a reason these 4 realms keep the shadowlands running, most souls do in fact go there. (and without any choice in the matter it seems)
    Your evidence of all major characters going to these places are the, what, 4, 5 npcs in the covenants? Draka is the only orc we see in Maldraxxus. Not exactly "orc heaven". Is it human and naga heaven as well because Vash'j and Mograine are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Most afterlives in stories are lame. Most of the time they are just used as a lazy OH! look at these dead characters we're bring back for a bit.

There are 3 other way gates in Oribos as well, 1 was probably for the Maw (Before it was the Maw), so that leaves 2 other realms that we may either see in the future, or just another plot point that Blizzard forgets.

I do believe more afterlives will be introduced in later patches. Blizzard will probably come up with some excuse as to why they weren't introduced earlier (the gateway to this realm were closed or some bs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean of the 4 choices, being a blue man doesn't sound so bad.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Well, I mean of the 4 choices being a blue man doesn't sound so bad.
    They do have their memories completely wiped.

I don't get why everyone seems to shit on Ardenweald. From what we've seen, the Night Fae harvest the anima of the mortal souls, but that doesn't mean the soul is harmed or destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well that could be a good thing for some people I guess, mainly the evil ones. Maybe by wiping their memories they could turn good or something.

Or maybe that's not how it even works and I'm just sounding really dumb right now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Ah yes... roadmaps... because they are always getting fullfilled... /ironyoff
    That's the purpose of a roadmap?
    I have no idea what you're even trying to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    It's not a book. It's a video game first and foremost. They can talk about infinite whatever all they want, doesn't matter. We have a lore for only the four + Oribos + The Maw and this is canon.
    You can only really judge this after the expansion ends. Maybe it's all revealed until patch 9.3, who knows. I mean, the expansion isn't even out yet... You want lore to be cannon and somehow "exist" before it's even out yet.

Same happened in Legion. We only visited Argus and some other random planets via world events and a boss fight in Antorus. However, lore-wise we know that there are many more that we will probably never see in-game.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-09-22 at 12:59 AM.

We already have other realms of death ingame. Halls of Valor, Helheim and the Otherside. The tauren seem to have their own realm, we got a little sneak peek in 8.2. Its just that the five shown are a soul processing centers. The Arbiter sees if you will be useful/danger to the Machine of Death then sends you on your way.

I suspect that most souls go to a good afterlife based on their cultures and after a time once their Anima is used up pass into the Lifelands to prepare to be reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Why lame world building? I think it actually is quite interesting. Also it gives us a reason why we don't see EVERYONE who ever died in SL. Just a phew who can relate the most with these 4. They had to make the places we can visit finite. And i think 4 is a good number to start with. There will definitly be more later on.
    This is basically "lolpandas 2.0". The fandom sees an initial idea, immediately demonize it, then fill their own heads with so much negative headcanon that by the time the actual content has been revealed they've already put the lens of their own paradigm atop it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    That's the purpose of a roadmap?
    I have no idea what you're even trying to get across.
    They don't really have a public roadmap. An i think that is good. Because roadmaps of games almost never get fullfilled.
    I rather they don't really tell me what they want to reach and i am not disappointed. Also the wow community is vicious with stuff the expected

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    This is basically "lolpandas 2.0". The fandom sees an initial idea, immediately demonize it, then fill their own heads with so much negative headcanon that by the time the actual content has been revealed they've already put the lens of their own paradigm atop it.
    Thats one way to be completely wrong. But otherwise you couldnt defend a multi-billion dollar company on the internet.

It's interesting how Shadowlands is also very similar to MoP in that you don't really know what to expect from the story before you've played it. BC, Wotlk, Cata, WoD and Legion had a very clear message. These are the bad guys. You go there and kick some ass. BfA was kinda misleading. We were made to believe that it's a faction war expansion but everything but the raid with a faction war theme was lackluster and quickly abandoned by Blizzard.
    In MoP we didn't really know what to expect. Pandaria was completely new lore mixed with our baggage that we brought with us. And from this new lore we didn't really know what to expect. That's where this "lolpandas" stupidity came from. People made up silly expectations because of the initial peaceful theme in the announcement.
    With Shadowlands we again don't really know what to expect. If you didn't read beta news you most likely wouldn't even know who the Jailer is.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I said it in another thread: if the Arbiter's servant didn't tell us to warn anyone except the Archon, Primus, Winter Queen and Sire, that means they are not relevant to anything going on in the Shadowlands.

To present it differently - they forced themselves into a corner. Obviously they arent able to create idk how many zones, but the concept of Shadowlands being so small is also dumb. So they just say "its endless you just dont go there", which is the most lazy and dumbest excuse ever. Because if we dont go there then its not important for the story, in which case it might as well not exist at all. Hardly an immersive setting.
    The other zones are irrelevant to our story, that doesn't mean that they are irrelevant completely. Like they say in Oribos, everything in Shadowlands has its purpose (or smth like that).

We get sent to these particular zones not out of the blue, we get sent to warn the Eternal Ones of the Jailer's betrayal. And these 4 zones are where the Eternal ones reside, its plain and simple. There is indeed no reason for us to visit other zones in Shadowlands as they, based on the current lore, have no means (as in 'supreme beings') to help us with our problem that is Sylvanas and her deal with the Jailer. Obviously, we know only part of the story that Blizzard has planned, so extra patches might as well open other zones and give a reason to visit them. It was the same with Northrend, Broken Isles, Kul Tiras and Zandalar - everyone knew they existed, but we never went there, because they were irrelevant to that story, and even the world map didn't show any sign of ther existence; only Pandaria 'magically appeared', but as the lore explained - it was hidden on purpose and the only reason Horde and Alliance found it was because of Cataclysm making it visible and the ships simply stumbling upon it.

So you actually are having your story and setting visualised in front of your eyes. In any book, you also 'see' what the characters see and visit and the other places are simply mentioned for you to know of their existence so that the reader doesn't think that the book's world is only what surrounds its characters.

If afterlives actually exist for real - then they would be lame by definition.

I mean - can you name one thing you'd like to do for a million years ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Afterlife in Warcraft seems quite lame

Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    When you have those 4 options of being turned into this blue guy with a memory wipe, getting milked for blood by vampires, turn into a seed in a forest or just fight undead forever in some shithole, i kinda get it why many are so keen on becoming lich. Shadowlands dont make any sense to me.
    Because it's not Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats one way to be completely wrong. But otherwise you couldnt defend a multi-billion dollar company on the internet.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard. I'm an opponent of stupid. People made up their minds that Shadowlands was bad before anything was even revealed about it, so they'll twist everything: lore, characters, systems, storylines, you name it, to suit their paradigm.

The lolpandas thing was a prominent argument. There were old god minions with mind rape powers who would just make you lie down and wait to die, imperialism, subjugation and exploitation of entire species, destruction of pristine landscapes in war, sacrificing your own troops to dark powers for your own gain. And yet there were still people complaining it was too sunshine and rainbows and "not Warcraft." They didn't even look at what the expansion actually was, just the cover page, declared they knew it was bad, and ignored everthing else.

Btw, do you have anything besides ad hominem arguments? Every time we get in a discussion you don't bring any evidence to refute my statements, you just tell me I'm wrong because you say I am and accuse me of shilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    It's interesting how Shadowlands is also very similar to MoP in that you don't really know what to expect from the story before you've played it. BC, Wotlk, Cata, WoD and Legion had a very clear message. These are the bad guys. You go there and kick some ass. BfA was kinda misleading. We were made to believe that it's a faction war expansion but everything but the raid with a faction war theme was lackluster and quickly abandoned by Blizzard.
    In MoP we didn't really know what to expect. Pandaria was completely new lore mixed with our baggage that we brought with us. And from this new lore we didn't really know what to expect. That's where this "lolpandas" stupidity came from. People made up silly expectations because of the initial peaceful theme in the announcement.
    With Shadowlands we again don't really know what to expect. If you didn't read beta news you most likely wouldn't even know who the Jailer is.
    Exactly, see my response above. MoP was actually really hella dark, but people couldn't see past their initial impressions. All the afterlives we've seen are pretty shitty. Your choices are being turned into a clone, being used as fertilizer for seeds, physical torture, or enlistment in the army forever.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm not a defender of Blizzard. I'm an opponent of stupid.
    I think there is one white knight here who has that in his signature. Is that the mantra given to you by Blizzard?

Btw, do you have anything besides ad hominem arguments? Every time we get in a discussion you don't bring any evidence to refute my statements, you just tell me I'm wrong because you say I am and accuse me of shilling.
    I have seen many times that you ignore reason and continue to parrot your own beliefs. Why bother.