Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    so i need to play on 2,4k+ to get the same gear as noobrain PvElers get in a m+15... cool. Seems fair

Not
    Why would you care? Your obviously superior PvP skill will ensure you don't meet. What is this fixation with what other people have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    If you’re not doing organised content what is the point of character progression. Daily farming faster?

The whole point of progression is to do something challenging in order to gear up your character - so the challenging becomes easier and the impossible becomes challenging.

Until a time WoW releases zones with extremely hard quests, then I think this is the right call.

Too many complain about that not getting ‘top tier’ loot when they don’t need top tier loot for anything they actively do.
    Because getting more powerful is the entire point of the game. Sure it only makes your dailies faster, until Blizzard can figure out how to do hard content (more like Mage tower please), but acting like solo players don't need gear is asinine. The faster a player bottoms out on gearing, the more likely they will be to stop playing. Blizzard is hoping it will encourage them to go into organized stuff, but it hasn't worked in the past and i'll be surprised if it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    If you’re not doing organised content what is the point of character progression. Daily farming faster?

The whole point of progression is to do something challenging in order to gear up your character - so the challenging becomes easier and the impossible becomes challenging.

Until a time WoW releases zones with extremely hard quests, then I think this is the right call.

Too many complain about that not getting ‘top tier’ loot when they don’t need top tier loot for anything they actively do.
    I don't want top tier loot. I just want to be able to progress my character from one point, to a higher point than it was previously, and it last longer than a few hours. To me, character progression is the heart of an RPG. As the game is currently, you just run out stuff to do like... immediately to progress your character (outside of tedious grinds). Even LFR isn't worth bothering with, I even stopped doing it the one time because it's so unfun and tedious with zero really tangible reward (you basically will outgear LFR before you are able to do LFR if you play even a few hours a week). Normal raids, even, tbh, are barely worth bothering with. Heroics are essentially made worthless day 1-2. Warfronts are a joke. No PVP is given any sort of attention outside of organized PVP. It's not at all about top tier loot. I don't care if people who do organized content get 5 billion ilvls higher gear than me. I just want a progression path.

If you don't want to do Mythic+, Arenas, or real raiding, your game shouldn't essentially end in a week or two. THIS is why people take the attitude of only subbing when there's a patch. There's nothing to do but level alts and do other, non-character progressing shit (or some tedious grinds).

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Only took me like 10 Skitra kills with 9 bonus rolls before I finally got the mythic bow. Gonna miss the rolls.
    So you enjoy being disappointed 18 times more than being disappointed 9 times? Seems legit. That bow was pretty hard for me to get but I felt more disappointed when the extra roll failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you enjoy being disappointed 18 times more than being disappointed 9 times? Seems legit. That bow was pretty hard for me to get but I felt more disappointed when the extra roll failed.
    It has probably to do with the fact that failing 18 times with bonus rolls over the course of 9 weeks/runs is still better than doing so over 18 weeks/runs.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Lol, what a fucking terrible decision. Players say they don't want to have massive RNG variance in the power of specific pieces of gear - so Blizzard completely gut almost all avenues of getting gear, remove the ability to split run to gear up early alts, remove half the loot from M+ and make the gear levels shit, remove fucking bonus rolls and tell us it's to "let loot be loot" despite it actually just being another way to make you farm the raid for longer, and half the community says "YEAH! Take that elitists!".

Anyone else remember when pathfinder existed to "nickel and dime" the community? Anyone else remember when AP existed to "nickel and dime" the community? Anyone else remember the fucking thousands of times the community has gone berserk over minor changes and blamed Activision and said it was just for MAUs? Now they're literally throwing it in your face and saying "lol hope you like having zero deterministic control over your gear - we're all about meaningful choices except when they might get in the way of making you play longer" and everyone's all "oh thank you mr blizzard this is the best design ever please take more of my time away from me when are the next store mounts coming please let me buy a brutosaur for $2,000 USD". BFA was bad, but this is going the way of raid-log-and-leave WoD at this point.

great changes i'm glad to see all this

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This, basically.
    They seem to forget that in pvp for every victory someone else must lose.

It seems so exceedingly stupid to me as well, as pvp easily has the greatest replayability of anything in the game; real people may always surprise, A.I. challenges never do.
    i disagree... i played so much pvp in vanilla grinding for warlord (no joke at least 20 hours a day for about 4 months), that it soured me of all pvp and i cant pvp in any MMORPG game at all. The thought of it literally makes me cringe.

I do not like the change. What about enchanters??? Less drops less enchanting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But that should also be the absolute minimum difficulty required to get 226 gear. Once you have 226 gear then all +15 dungeons will be a cakewalk while some mythic bosses will still be very challenging.
    Which is why you can earn a single 226 item/week from dungeons, but have a chance at as many as 10 from M raids in the long term, not counting trades, and raids also gives you 233 items from two bosses and their own free 226 from cache as well. Mythic raids will absolutely be the best path to the best gear in the game in Shadowlands and it's not even close.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

See you in 9.2 when it's brought back. Just bring me back Mists LFR and loot. It was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    You realise BFA worked exactly the same way as this?
    Yeah from a War Chest instead of whatever you want .

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    Yeah from a War Chest instead of whatever you want .
    That entire post is comparing Great Vault loot ilvl from m+/pvp to mythic raid ilvl. The pvp conquest vendor sells 190 gear that you slowly upgrade to somewhere around 220 ish, your best pvp gear will still come from the weekly chest once you get to a half decent rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hailic View Post
    I do not like the change. What about enchanters??? Less drops less enchanting!!!
    Well, tailoring needs to have at least one use .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably going to be the dullest expansion ever. No reason to ever do anything other than login for my weekly raid, woo.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deny it all you want but there is and there will ALWAYS be a disparity between pvp and pve.

Any specific reason why Carapace and Nzoth give 485 today where as you have NO WAY to get that ilvl gear via 2400 arenas? imagine if Blizzard was '''fair''' enough to give 485 gear to 2600 or 2700 or 2800 rated players.

But no, they don't The same problem will occur in shadowlands.

And yes, 2400 is harder to get than M+15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is probably going to be the dullest expansion ever. No reason to ever do anything other than login for my weekly raid, woo.
    If your enjoyment of World of Warcraft was based around the infinite grind Legion / BfA model, I have entire genre I'd like to introduce you to- ARPGs. You know, the genre that WoW tried to copy which has lead to all the discontent in the community that is being fixed in Shadowlands.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I don't mind getting less loot, I just don't see why they aren't rewarding high level arena players equally. Hell i don't even touch arena, but i sure do understand that getting above 2400 is far harder than rolling through m+ 15 and while i'm not trying to make it sound like m+ is really easy or anything. I just think the disparity shouldn't be that large. The best of the best should come from mythic raids, i don't refute that, and sometimes arena players will have to raid to get the best weapons or trinkets sometimes. That's always been a thing so i don't mind that at all. But ultimately loot being loot is a good thing for the game less is more especially if the loot is actually meaningful and interesting. We'll see what happens, but I hope they start giving less but rewarding more for doing harder stuff and i think that's a good thing.

Good change. More meaningful loot ftw