Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    imagine being mad at this good change. who asked for bonus rolls and this gear fest wow has became in the first place? all i do is pile up purples. whatever you need go farm it non-stop on m+ and ull have it for next week's raid.

i love it. let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'm glad bonus rolls are gone. i'm finally free of having to farm resources to spend on something that will 90% of the time give me nothing useful.
    Farm resources? You can't be serious. You had war resources thrown at you, you couldn't avoid getting thousands of them a week. Same with order resources, apexis after 5.3, and lesser charms.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like this change. Bonus rolls were just an extra chore most of the time that netted almost zero. Good riddance.

The point of bonus rolls was to give more agency.

They are shifting that to the weekly chest. I'm not gonna diss it before i try it, but i liked having those rerolls for a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    imagine being mad at this good change. who asked for bonus rolls and this gear fest wow has became in the first place? all i do is pile up purples. whatever you need go farm it non-stop on m+ and ull have it for next week's raid.
    I just cleared my bags on a couple of toons in prep for SL, and it was just chock full of endless purples of similar ilvl, all of which meant nothing to me, and, in my opinion, devalued the purples i had equipped. When it was announced, i had no strong opinion either way. The more i think about it, the happier i am.

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    Great, now I don't even have the opportunity to be disappointed twice
    So true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The point of bonus rolls was to give more agency.

They are shifting that to the weekly chest. I'm not gonna diss it before i try it, but i liked having those rerolls for a second chance.
    And how did it feel when you didnt have them, or when you got gold / a duplicate item?

With the vault giving you a bonus raid item each week with choice if you kill enough boss, no wonder some random chance of getting loot is getting away. Should be much better.

But yeah, MMO-C thread maker are not a bunch of whiner right?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

You could do with being less overdramatic.

The bonus roll didn't really add much beyond the inevitable disappointment of rolling AP on a roll rather than an item or rolling an item you didn't want.
    Which happened far more often than actually getting stuff you want.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Who cares about the color of the gear though? No one is still going to beside enchanting in SL.

Combine this with gutting the loot drops in m+, and it's sounds pretty bland honestly. This just makes bad RNG more punished.

blizzard have a very good idea of how much loot per time players will get by doing a particular activity; whether loot comes from a bonus roll or a weekly chest or a raid drop is honestly kinda irrelevant overall

bonus rolls gave players the opportunity to direct what loot they received slightly; the new weekly chest will give far more choice in real terms (assuming you're clearing the raid, anyway)

Good change. Now reverse Personal loot or remove the loot restrictions for trading and we are good.

I preferred the bonus roll system since I remember what Vanilla loot was like.

If the weekly chest is an adequate replacement I will be content. However, I fully expect to get screwed over by the weekly chest. Looking forward to DEing lots of Crit/Mastery gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Who cares about the color of the gear though? No one is still going to beside enchanting in SL.
    Gear colour never, ever mattered*. Even in Vanilla. The gear's stats and item level are the only relevant concerns.

*It matters a little when a guildmate runs through Molten Core and gets both bindings in the same run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I preferred the bonus roll system since I remember what Vanilla loot was like.

If the weekly chest is an adequate replacement I will be content. However, I fully expect to get screwed over by the weekly chest. Looking forward to DEing lots of Crit/Mastery gear.
    Why would you get screwed over by it? Are you sure you understand how it works? They also have never said they are returning to vanilla loot/player ratios. Your comment also implies you would never get the loot you wanted from the vault (a strange stance to take, given how it works), but that a bonus roll would give you exactly what you wanted.

I would have loved a switch to 1 roll per week but guaranteed loot, but I guess that would have made too much sense and so it was right out as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    blizzard have a very good idea of how much loot per time players will get by doing a particular activity; whether loot comes from a bonus roll or a weekly chest or a raid drop is honestly kinda irrelevant overall

bonus rolls gave players the opportunity to direct what loot they received slightly; the new weekly chest will give far more choice in real terms (assuming you're clearing the raid, anyway)
    Yeah thats why i found the above comment to be quite strange - in a raid setting it certainly gave you a list of possibilities for the loot, obviously based on the loot table of that encounter, but getting something you didnt want, or, gold, were both very real possibilities.

A guildie tried to acquire a certain item over the coarse of 15 clears. They saved 1 bonus roll for this boss every single time. Thats 30 chances at that item, and 30 failures. The bonus roll didnt help them AT ALL in this scenario - if anything, it just left them feeling even more pissed off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I would have loved a switch to 1 roll per week but guaranteed loot, but I guess that would have made too much sense and so it was right out as an option.
    Vault..............

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Combine this with gutting the loot drops in m+, and it's sounds pretty bland honestly. This just makes bad RNG more punished.
    we dont know the drop rates for the raid either, and i assume with more "punished" you mean harder. wich is great. gearing on wow (at least on bfa) its so easy. Corruptions were the only thing making you grind for something. most other pieces were just a chore to get, spam the same dung or pug the same boss over and over till it drops, like unguent caress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Gear colour never, ever mattered*. Even in Vanilla. The gear's stats and item level are the only relevant concerns.
    While i agree that stats etc are more important, apparently MANY people disagree. Have you forgotten the absolute outrage when heroic dungeons rewarded blues instead of purples? Cata iirc. It was fucking biblical, even when Blizzard explained over and over again that the gears power relative to other content hadn't changed. So while it isnt important to some, it would seem for others it absolutely is. Why, i cannot say, but it is.

What? This is a great change... you will now get more items on average because of the weekly chest than you did from bonus rolls, lmao. Holy shit you fucking people are ridiculous XD