Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why would you get screwed over by it? Are you sure you understand how it works? They also have never said they are returning to vanilla loot/player ratios. Your comment also implies you would never get the loot you wanted from the vault (a strange stance to take, given how it works), but that a bonus roll would give you exactly what you wanted.
    Unlike many of the posters in this thread I remember when bonus loot actually gives me something. As a Prot Warrior there are 3 pieces of gear I want from Wrathion for example. Within my first three mythic Wrathion kills I had all three items and two were from bonus rolls.

The chest doesn't seem to cover garbage stat items. Which I got no end of crap from my Weekly Mythic and PVP Caches. It looks like you can get valuable currency if you don't like your drops but that still leaves the chance you'll get crap even if you play like a savage and get all of your chest chores done.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, now you will not drop shit from the boss and you can't even roll for a chance to try to get it? and people think this is good?

they will even increase the drop chance from the bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    While i agree that stats etc are more important, apparently MANY people disagree. Have you forgotten the absolute outrage when heroic dungeons rewarded blues instead of purples? Cata iirc. It was fucking biblical, even when Blizzard explained over and over again that the gears power relative to other content hadn't changed. So while it isnt important to some, it would seem for others it absolutely is. Why, i cannot say, but it is.
    Yes that's true. But those people are still wrong and probably think 2+2=5 as long as you used different coloured pencils when you write down the equation.

When I got Styleen's Scarab back in the day I didn't think it was cool because it was purple. It was cool because it was an A+ tanking item.

I'm fine with this, good change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't remember when I have ever won anything useful from a bonus roll So can't say that I would miss that feature, if great vault will give almost a guaranteed upgrade.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Yes that's true. But those people are still wrong and probably think 2+2=5 as long as you used different coloured pencils when you write down the equation.

When I got Styleen's Scarab back in the day I didn't think it was cool because it was purple. It was cool because it was an A+ tanking item.
    HAHA, love the math - i didnt actually personally know anyone who cared, but it was all over chat and the forums, and obviously they made the change soon after. To be fair, i didnt min/max much until probably wrath. Yeah, wrath, thats when i started digging deeper into stat weights and such, mainly because up until wrath i hadnt felt the need to - my performance was always acceptable, sometimes pretty good, and we always cleared all content without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

Gear colour never, ever mattered*. Even in Vanilla. The gear's stats and item level are the only relevant concerns.
    Are you sure you played the game before Cata? Different colours had different stat weights. So ilvl 100 green was much weaker than ilvl 100 epic.
    Then Cata came and turned every Epic item into a green.

I like that. Can't remember the last time a bonus roll actually gave me something useful instead of the same lame rune, gold, ap etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Are you sure you played the game before Cata? Different colours had different stat weights. So ilvl 100 green was much weaker than ilvl 100 epic.
    Then Cata came and turned every Epic item into a green.
    The gear's stats are the only thing that mattered. Yes, I remember stat weighting. I also remember when Warrior gear had Spirit on it. There was nothing special about Epic gear. You went to a raid and maybe walked out with epic loot. I remember never using the Molten Core shield but used a Draconian Deflector till Chromag give me an ERB. For the most part you got gear that was appropriate to the content you were doing. You had epics if you ran MC, you had better epics if you ran BWL and so forth. Which is pretty much the same as it is now. I had Epics from Normal Uldir, I eventually had better Epics from Mythic Nyalotha.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    we dont know the drop rates for the raid either, and i assume with more "punished" you mean harder. wich is great. gearing on wow (at least on bfa) its so easy. Corruptions were the only thing making you grind for something. most other pieces were just a chore to get, spam the same dung or pug the same boss over and over till it drops, like unguent caress.
    I mean, they literally said they want to make loot more "prestigious" to get. And they're making multiple efforts to limit the sources of gear.

There's no point in wondering what the drop rates will be, the answer definitely isn't going to be increased considering all of their actions.

And why would you say this is great, and then literally point out the exact flaw that is only going to get worse now? Now you'll be spamming even MORE for a single piece of gear because you're not getting bonus roll chances each week either.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    What? This is a great change... you will now get more items on average because of the weekly chest than you did from bonus rolls, lmao. Holy shit you fucking people are ridiculous XD
    The weekly chest. That always gave a piece of gear anyway if you did M+ in addition to bonus rolls. You're getting less items, I'm genuinely confused where you're getting "more" from.

That isn't even touching upon that PvP and M+ had separate chests weekly, and now they're also both rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Isn't it exactly what people wanted? Blizz, plx get rid of RNG on gear! Okay, but less drops. Yaaaaay!
    So here it is.
    Bring back ML and we got a good expansion. With Personal Loot this isnt a good idea.
    <Who is John Galt>
    Endgame progression guild on PvE Hyjal-US
    http://whoisjohngalt.enjin.com/
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...o+Is+John+Galt
    Visit us today - Exceptional players always considered.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I play for m+ and all this nerfs. I don’t like it. I don’t raid at all. It’s the most cancerous activity ever created . People sucking themselves in voice chats. Disgusting + now everyone has no brain at all due to add ons like dbm.
    Get a ok but friendly Heroic Guild and have 4 hours per week some fun.
    Also with lower chance on gear the GS finally means a bit more when you search for random people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

The weekly chest. That always gave a piece of gear anyway if you did M+ in addition to bonus rolls. You're getting less items, I'm genuinely confused where you're getting "more" from.

That isn't even touching upon that PvP and M+ had separate chests weekly, and now they're also both rolled into one.
    My question would be, why do you think more random gear is a good thing, rather than less loot but more control and more meaningful?

this is dumb I liked the bonus rolls because I don't play all the time and they gave me some extra chance at loot.

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    this is dumb I liked the bonus rolls because I don't play all the time and they gave me some extra chance at loot.
    See above - do you not agree that more control over what loot you get, rather than more random chances at random loot is a better system for all players, both "hardcore" and casual?

makes sense to me, less loot overall, you can target better loot with weekly, overall should be a better experience

Thank Christ, bonus rolls were the most tedious and frustrating thing in the entire game.

Definitely won't miss that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Thank Christ, bonus rolls were the most tedious and frustrating thing in the entire game.

Definitely won't miss that shit.
    The removal of bonus rolls, the toning down of loot drops, and the removal of WF/TF have me the most excited for SL. I am still not a big fan of all the secondary power systems, but im willing to give it a chance based on these changes - actually quite excited for it.

The changes might not be headline grabbing, and individually they are not major changes, but they do seem to represent a change in philosophy regarding loot, shifting back away from the Diablo style "you have 30 versions of this same item, but none have the stats you want - keep trying!" and more towards the more traditional mmo style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    makes sense to me, less loot overall, you can target better loot with weekly, overall should be a better experience
    Yup, i agree - each of these changes by themselves are not major, but when you put them altogether, it starts looking more interesting.

Good to see the "change is bad" team is out in full force already. Half of the people who are bitching likely wouldn't have even noticed if Blizzard hadn't made a Blue post mentioning it.

That said, I am a little annoyed at how integral the weekly box will be to gearing come SL. It seems they're taking away some player agency and retooling the weekly box to fit that need. Were they to iterate on this change and add the ability to target raid loot from certain bosses/dungeons then I think they'd have a near perfect compromise if this is the way they want to go with gear moving forward.

nice. shadowlands will be worse than BFA