Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It kinda is though. Rice needs a lot of kicking up. Because literal plain rice is not very flavorful at all.
    Yeah well starchy carbs and flour tend to be neutral tasting so that's where their versatility comes from. If they had strong flavors by themselves it would take away from their appeal.

15+ Year Old Account
    My mother will cut em into "boats", put some oil and spicy on em, then roast em in the oven, and its so fucking amazing, WAY better than fries or boiled potatoes.

WE used to mainly just boil em,but they taste very bland and id eat maybe 1, but now i can down 3 full ones worth of "boats" and be sad cause its nothing left.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

We're on the third page of a thread about someone insulting potatoes and no one made a Sam gangee reference.

I mean how can anyone hate potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    My mother will cut em into "boats", put some oil and spicy on em, then roast em in the oven, and its so fucking amazing, WAY better than fries or boiled potatoes.

WE used to mainly just boil em,but they taste very bland and id eat maybe 1, but now i can down 3 full ones worth of "boats" and be sad cause its nothing left.

See the real question is are these boats crunchy on both the inside and outside. cause then its good

And to those who say mashed potatoes are good..

I certainly hope you're joking its by far the most bland dish you can ever eat. Rice > Potatoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justbas View Post

I certainly hope you're joking its by far the most bland dish you can ever eat. Rice > Potatoes.
    What?

You must be eating the bland ones. I make my mashed potatoes with a variety of ingredients including, salt, pepper, butter, cream, garlic, chives, sour cream, and then garnish it with things like bacon...

There are also fantastic cheese mashed potato recipes, and the taste varies on the spud you use. I prefer yukon gold or reds for my mashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That being said I eat them raw as a snack and cooked in many different ways.
    I want your teeth!!!

The potato is marvelous... oh no! They are mutating!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What?

You must be eating the bland ones. I make my mashed potatoes with a variety of ingredients including, salt, pepper, butter, cream, garlic, chives, sour cream, and then garnish it with things like bacon...

There are also fantastic cheese mashed potato recipes, and the taste varies on the spud you use. I prefer yukon gold or reds for my mashed.
    Something I would expect you to say... you think your super seyan penguin disguise would fool us?!?!... Potato!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Something I would expect you to say... you think your super seyan penguin disguise would fool us?!?!... Potato!!!
    I am indeed partially potato.

Also a great recipe for spuds is twice-baked. Bake two potatoes, chop the tops off of both. Scoop out the insides, leaving a firm, but thin wall and make a "boat". Mix the guts with ranch dressing, cooked chicken, and broccoli, then shove it all back into ONE of the potatoes, top with salt, pepper, and a little bit of bacon bit, and bake again @ 400F for 20 minutes.

MMMMMMMM

15+ Year Old Account
    See the real question is are these boats crunchy on both the inside and outside. cause then its good

They have a slight crunch outside, but soft inside, they arnt too thick to make it feel like ur eating normal potatoes, also rice is great.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I want your teeth!!!

The potato is marvelous... oh no! They are mutating!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a witch or a troll? YOU CAN'T HAVE MY TEETH! lol

Joking aside my teeth are pretty strong too, I even crack open lobster with them instead of using that stupid tool, and for some reason 4 of my top molars grew in like dog teeth with just 2 points.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

So, you don't know how to season food. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without potatoes, there'd be no pierogies. Pierogies are awesome, therefore potatoes are awesome.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So, you don't know how to season food. Gotcha.
    That's what I said.

Anything that is bland is just lacking seasoning. Mashed taters need delicious things like garlic and salt and pepper and chives and bacon and sour cream and I'm drooling all over the place now, damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's what I said.

Anything that is bland is just lacking seasoning. Mashed taters need delicious things like garlic and salt and pepper and chives and bacon and sour cream and I'm drooling all over the place now, damn it.
    Just butter is enough to take mashed potatoes to the top. I made some the other night with just heavy cream, butter, and some fresh chives. My family left nothing behind. They were great.

If you go to Gilt, their mashed potatoes are heavenly.

Best way to eat a potato is Mashed. Then you take a dinner roll and slice it open. Then you put the Mashed Potato in the Dinner Roll. Then you shove it in your fucking mouth because carbs on carbs is fucking heaven and fuck you if you think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Best way to eat a potato is Mashed. Then you take a dinner roll and slice it open. Then you put the Mashed Potato in the Dinner Roll. Then you shove it in your fucking mouth because carbs on carbs is fucking heaven and fuck you if you think otherwise.
    You are missing the turkey and cranberry sauce in there,also roll must be buttered.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    With a nice gravy drizzle over the mashed and a buttery roll. My god, your post is so on the damn money.

How does this forum not have a like button? I would like the fuck out of this post for accuracy alone.