Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excited for this primarily because it will feel rewarding when you get a piece of loot to drop. For too long, getting gear felt unrewarding and too easy. I expect to get that feeling of seeing a massive TF proc, but now with the gear just dropping in general. I should be excited again to get that upgrade I've been chasing and not being jaded because I didn't get the special proc. This'll also make it easier for me to focus on one character and a few alts, rather than trying to play every class in the game due to gear saturation.

There has to be something that I've miss with regards to The Great Vault because telling casual raiders to do a mythic+15 to replace their bonus rolls is a really big 'Go Fuck Yourself'.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Damn if they do, damned if they don't.

Do not even play any more but people have been asking for something like this only to reject the concept of it entirely once they got it and they wonder why developers don't like reading forums
    I cannot help but echo the same thing. Players have been asking for this for how long? And now that it's here they want to reject it? I can't keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Damn if they do, damned if they don't.

Do not even play any more but people have been asking for something like this only to reject the concept of it entirely once they got it and they wonder why developers don't like reading forums
    "People" aren't one group. Some want it, Some don't. When it's in, the people who don't want it will complain. When it's not in, people who want it will complain.

Also, Context is king in this scenario. You can be against a bonus roll but not want it removed if the conditions in the game for loot acquisition are not adequate enough to meet that persons idea of a good loot system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    I cannot help but echo the same thing. Players have been asking for this for how long? And now that it's here they want to reject it? I can't keep up!
    See above. "Players" aren't one group with one mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So Blizzard is telling people who don't raid super often to go fuck themselves by removing bonus rolls. Shadowlands more and more looks like an absolute shit expansion.
    It all started generally in WoD. WoD was so bad but was praised for it's raiding (I guess by proxy it looked great) so the entire game as devolved into raiding endgame based on the attitude, that raiding is the be all to end all to keep your game alive.

Wow this sounds awful. I really hope this is reverted early in SL. Loot acquisition was much more annoying before before there were bonus rolls and titanforging. I was really hoping we could get back titanforging in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "People" aren't one group. Some want it, Some don't. When it's in, the people who don't want it will complain. When it's not in, people who want it will complain.

Also, Context is king in this scenario. You can be against a bonus roll but not want it removed if the conditions in the game for loot acquisition are not adequate enough to meet that persons idea of a good loot system.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. "Players" aren't one group with one mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

It all started generally in WoD. WoD was so bad but was praised for it's raiding (I guess by proxy it looked great) so the entire game as devolved into raiding endgame based on the attitude, that raiding is the be all to end all to keep your game alive.
    I'm getting sick of Blizzard listening to the fucking loud minority. Raiders constantly push for non-hardcore players to not get access to rewards anywhere near as good as the higher difficulties of raiding. This is just the beginning and if they keep going down this path then WoW is actually going to die.

Awesome change, keep it up Blizzard

I'm getting sick of Blizzard listening to the fucking loud minority. Raiders constantly push for non-hardcore players to not get access to rewards anywhere near as good as the higher difficulties of raiding. This is just the beginning and if they keep going down this path then WoW is actually going to die.
    Ion himself said at the Q&A for WoD (I believe) that the only reason raids exist in the state they do is purely because of casual raiders, LFR raiders. He said this I believe in a response to someone wanting LFR removed (I'll never get that attitude).

I don't disagree with prestige loot in the game but I want the days of MoP LFR back. LFR in Mists was pretty tough but I got good loot from it, it was pretty amazing and fit for the effort put in. It felt more like doing a normal with a random PUG. LFR now is so watered down that the loot is outdone by WQ loot. It's sad for me as someone who usually does LFR, Normal and some (maybe) heroic if the group is right.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-09-23 at 03:33 AM.

They are really trying very hard to mess this expansion up.
    What a joke.

They will never learn. Losing players every expansion because they trying to make this game around few percent of players is not enough apperently. Well, maybe next expansion ....

Raiders here will be always. YES I NEED MORE ILVL THEN OTHERS. But this will not work for...like...90% of player base.

So no bonus roll, maybe put master looter back in then?

So Blizzard is telling people who don't raid super often to go fuck themselves by removing bonus rolls. Shadowlands more and more looks like an absolute shit expansion.
    How does this change fuck over casual players?
    Most of them didn't even use bonus rolls.

Apart from that the bigger picture is simply less but more useful loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    They will never learn. Losing players every expansion because they trying to make this game around few percent of players is not enough apperently. Well, maybe next expansion ....

Raiders here will be always. YES I NEED MORE ILVL THEN OTHERS. But this will not work for...like...90% of player base.
    The majority of players does lfr....

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you enjoy being disappointed 18 times more than being disappointed 9 times? Seems legit. That bow was pretty hard for me to get but I felt more disappointed when the extra roll failed.
    No, I enjoy that the bonus roll got me the bow in 10 weeks rather than 19 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    How does this change fuck over casual players?
    Most of them didn't even use bonus rolls.

Apart from that the bigger picture is simply less but more useful loot.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of players does lfr....
    If you think that removing bonus rolls will somehow change the garbage RNG coming out of most boss pools, then you're incredibly optimistic and don't know Blizzard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Except the weekly chest now contains a raid item if you want, and a choice of raid items. Which replaces the bonus roll.
    Which is great, but it’s still a random piece from every raid boss instead of targeted like a bonus roll. It will be interesting if this allows a chance for bosses you haven’t killed yet, such as a BiS piece from the last boss if you have only cleared 1/2 way thru.

If you think that removing bonus rolls will somehow change the garbage RNG coming out of most boss pools, then you're incredibly optimistic and don't know Blizzard at all.
    Have you forgotten about the weekly vault? Also with wf/tf/corruption gone once you got a item it is simply... good.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Ion himself said at the Q&A for WoD (I believe) that the only reason raids exist in the state they do is purely because of casual raiders, LFR raiders. He said this I believe in a response to someone wanting LFR removed (I'll never get that attitude).

I don't disagree with prestige loot in the game but I want the days of MoP LFR back. LFR in Mists was pretty tough but I got good loot from it, it was pretty amazing and fit for the effort put in. It felt more like doing a normal with a random PUG. LFR now is so watered down that the loot is outdone by WQ loot. It's sad for me as someone who usually does LFR, Normal and some (maybe) heroic if the group is right.
    Removing bonus rolls will literally make things worse. Bonus rolls at least made the RNG feel a little less punishing because you had two chances per boss. Now you're much more likely to get absolutely nothing from a boss all week. This change is absolute trash and hurts EVERYONE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Have you forgotten about the weekly vault? Also with wf/tf/corruption gone once you got a item it is simply... good.
    Weekly Vault has a chance of having double loot so that doesn't fix anything. Also, most casual players will not see much use from the Vault at all. Also, the removal of wf/tf doesn't improve anything. It doesn't solve the garbage RNG that is present in WoW and now they've basically eliminated one of the bad luck prevention mechanics. Blizzard are really doing everything they can to make Shadowlands a terrible expansion.

Weekly Vault has a chance of having double loot so that doesn't fix anything. Also, most casual players will not see much use from the Vault at all. Also, the removal of wf/tf doesn't improve anything. It doesn't solve the garbage RNG that is present in WoW and now they've basically eliminated one of the bad luck prevention mechanics. Blizzard are really doing everything they can to make Shadowlands a terrible expansion.
    Already long confirmed that this is not intended on beta and will not go live.

Edit: dude, i know you are one of the negative nancys of this forum but the weekly vault as long as you do something in it is much more worth than 2 fucking bonusrolls...
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-09-23 at 04:50 AM.

Did people really feel buying slot machine pulls every week was a great RPG game design?

Is the lore base that the boss poops out another item when you stick your bonus coin up it’s butt?

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    There has to be something that I've miss with regards to The Great Vault because telling casual raiders to do a mythic+15 to replace their bonus rolls is a really big 'Go Fuck Yourself'.
    its not in response to bonus rolls. the vault gives you an option of 3 choices per activity that you do. 3 for raid, 3 for m+, and 3 for pvp. of the 9 items you select one. it gives you a higher chance to get an item you actually want instead of a random item every week like you did in the previous weekly boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmaron View Post
    Wow this sounds awful. I really hope this is reverted early in SL. Loot acquisition was much more annoying before before there were bonus rolls and titanforging. I was really hoping we could get back titanforging in SL.
    I massively disagree, and i was a person stuck with sunfry bow of the phoenix from kara all the way to illidan....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post

I feel you are confused... only the mythic level of gear is higher ilvl. thats what.. the top 5%? for everyone else M+ will still give you the same ilvl (actually i think it is slightly higher) of loot as heroic raids.