Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Big deal. Much ado about nothing.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    well. Shadowlands starting to look like straight dumpster fire now. https://www.wowhead.com/news=318109/...wlands-content
    Imagine some people are trying to make constructive feedbacks and there are guys like this saying the removal of coin is making the xpac dumpster fire.

The thing that always annoyed me is getting purple gear from non raid sources. If they would just change the color to blue for most of those, and then while they are at it, change the color of a lot of blues to green, it would feel better. A starting raider should be in mostly blues and greens. Purples all over the place should be for mythic raiders really.

Good change, bonus rolls add to the lottery aspect, they should just bake it into the initial loot chance considering loot is personal now anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

well. Shadowlands starting to look like straight dumpster fire now. https://www.wowhead.com/news=318109/...wlands-content
    We wanted titanforging gone, this is the result. You do know that a lot less loot will drop overall too right?

Good change, never cared for bonus rolls. Now if we can just get rid of the weekly chest nonsense and put in emblems again........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Imagine some people are trying to make constructive feedbacks and there are guys like this saying the removal of coin is making the xpac dumpster fire.
    its not the only reason its looking to be a dumpsterfire but it is a legitimate reason that it will be one. I never wanted rolls to be taken out of the game because i recognized how useful they were, even if they did end up disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Good to see the "change is bad" team is out in full force already. Half of the people who are bitching likely wouldn't have even noticed if Blizzard hadn't made a Blue post mentioning it.

That said, I am a little annoyed at how integral the weekly box will be to gearing come SL. It seems they're taking away some player agency and retooling the weekly box to fit that need. Were they to iterate on this change and add the ability to target raid loot from certain bosses/dungeons then I think they'd have a near perfect compromise if this is the way they want to go with gear moving forward.
    change is only bad when it is bad. this is a bad change and blizzard should revert it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    We wanted titanforging gone, this is the result. You do know that a lot less loot will drop overall too right?
    speak for yourself. yes i recognize a lot less loot is going to drop, thats partly why this change is fucking bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    FINALLY I hated the bonus roll garbage.

Now if we can just get ML back this expansion might just be perfect (minus all the flaws ofc :P)
    the only people that want master loot back are the people who abused it and did not feel that everyone was entitled to an equal opportunity at winning the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

change is only bad when it is bad. this is a bad change and blizzard should revert it.
    Good thing you made this thread! I'm sure Mr. Blizzard himself will see your incredibly well reasoned argument (I don't like it therefore it's bad) and make the change in the next build.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not the only reason its looking to be a dumpsterfire but it is a legitimate reason that it will be one. I never wanted rolls to be taken out of the game because i recognized how useful they were, even if they did end up disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

speak for yourself. yes i recognize a lot less loot is going to drop, thats partly why this change is fucking bad.

- - - Updated - - -

the only people that want master loot back are the people who abused it and did not feel that everyone was entitled to an equal opportunity at winning the loot.
    The rolls were a band-aid.

The weekly vault is the fix.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

im ok with this but i also know this is a recent change

theres screenshots of the vault showing you can get a coin as the "currency"
    there is also watcher at blizzcon "the vault sees where you bonus roll and go for those drops from that boss"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The rolls were a band-aid.

The weekly vault is the fix.
    gimme the vault and ML and i will never complain about gear ever ver again

I'm on the fence about the change. While the Vault offers you a guaranteed piece of loot. The chance of getting something you want will pretty much be the same as getting that item for a bonus roll.

What if you don't like any of the loot rewards offered from your Great Vault? Well, there is an option for that. If you don't like your choices you will be offered the option to take an important currency instead.

Currently, on the Shadowlands Beta, that currency is 20 Brimming Anima Reserve. When deposited into your Covenant's reservoir, that amounts to 500. Reservoir Anima is the currency used for most things related to your Covenant, including Sanctum upgrades, the Anima Conductor system, and Covenant cosmetic items.
    Sounds the same as a bonus roll no? Just no gold this time.

The only difference is, instead of being disappoint on the spot with that extra 750 gold you just got after the boss died. You have to wait for the end of the week to see if you're disappointed.

Small brains think this is good. You now have less of a chance to get that item you want. One shot a week. Bad luck people will not see that item they want ever.

"Small brains think this is good" lol - People clearly need reminding that bonus rolls weren't even a thing until Mop (5.0) and the game was actually at it's peak player wise way before then. We all seemed to get on with the game pretty well before bonus rolls were introduced.

But please, continue with your carping about nothing important, it's fun to watch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hang on! I need my popcorn for all the drama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Good thing you made this thread! I'm sure Mr. Blizzard himself will see your incredibly well reasoned argument (I don't like it therefore it's bad) and make the change in the next build.
    thanks! i hope they see it too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    My question would be, why do you think more random gear is a good thing, rather than less loot but more control and more meaningful?
    How is this more controlled?

You don't get to narrow down at all what loot shows up in the chest in Shadowlands.

Bonus rolls GIVE some narrowing down, because you can only get loot from THAT boss that you bonus roll on, or THAT dungeon when you bonus roll for M+

The chest? It could be anything from that content.
    How is my idea "more random gear"? The new system is more random gear, people just don't seem to realize that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    "Small brains think this is good" lol - People clearly need reminding that bonus rolls weren't even a thing until Mop (5.0) and the game was actually at it's peak player wise way before then. We all seemed to get on with the game pretty well before bonus rolls were introduced.

But please, continue with your carping about nothing important, it's fun to watch.
    Because we should ignore that Cataclysm, which didn't have the bonus roll system, had the steepest drop of subs while MoP actually had a good retention rate of what was left, right? And then WoD lost even more actually, at which point they stopped reporting subscriptions.

Correlation and causation and all of that. You're trying to look for a pattern that isn't there.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2020-09-23 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How is my idea "more random gear"? The new system is more random gear, people just don't seem to realize that yet.
    What a confusing comment - you are saying you used to get more loot - i agree, but point out that much of that "more" gear was RNG, and with all the additional systems in place, there was yet another layer of RNG as to whether the item was actually an upgrade (traits/wf/corruptoions) and now you are suggesting there WASNT more gear?

For the sake of clarity;

Are you saying we will be getting more loot, or less loot?
    Are you saying we have more control, or less control over whether we get an upgrade, or just another duplicate that doesnt have the desired stats/procs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Because we should ignore that Cataclysm, which didn't have the bonus roll system, had the steepest drop of subs while MoP actually had a good retention rate of what was left, right? And then WoD lost even more actually, at which point they stopped reporting subscriptions.

Correlation and causation and all of that. You're trying to look for a pattern that isn't there.
    Amusing that you would bother countering a bad argument with an equally bad argument, and then proclaim they are bad arguments. Arguing with a fool only proves there are two.

What a confusing comment - you are saying you used to get more loot - i agree, but point out that much of that "more" gear was RNG, and with all the additional systems in place, there was yet another layer of RNG as to whether the item was actually an upgrade (traits/wf/corruptoions) and now you are suggesting there WASNT more gear?

For the sake of clarity;

Are you saying we will be getting more loot, or less loot?
    Are you saying we have more control, or less control over whether we get an upgrade, or just another duplicate that doesnt have the desired stats/procs?
    The additional systems, if you mean Titanforging and corruption, are irrelevant, as bonus rolls were in effect far before either of those (or before warforging became such a rampant issue).

The only confusing part I think here is your response honestly. Nowhere did I say that previously there was less gear. I was calling out the "random" comment you had.

With bonus rolls, there was SOME control to what you get. You throw a coin at a boss, you would know you could only get gear that the boss drops.
    And you could somewhat game it, knowing that chances are rolls 1-3 would whiff, so when you're on your fourth roll, save it because bad luck protection would probably kick in past that.

This is abundantly clear with bosses like Ra-den, if you keep bonus rolling ONLY Ra-den, you'll get gear from him with it.

This, however, WON'T happen with the chest in Shadowlands. Instead, you could end up with something stupid like getting 3 pieces of gear from bosses you didn't even need.

While ALSO getting gimped because you pushed up to 2.4k rating or did several M+15s.

Right now, you get the chest from Conquest capping scaling on your rating. You also get one for pushing M+. So that's already two drops a week at least.

In Shadowlands, it doesn't matter if you push M+ and PvP for gear. Both are tied to the same chest now. So your extra efforts don't even reap real reward anymore, since you're still only getting one piece of gear.

And to clarify again, my original response was towards someone claiming even with the changes, you'll be getting MORE loot a week from the chest change. Which is just flat out false.

Amusing that you would bother countering a bad argument with an equally bad argument, and then proclaim they are bad arguments. Arguing with a fool only proves there are two.
    ...you DO realize that wasn't an argument, no? My point was exactly as you just said lol, a bit weird to miss that. To claim subs reflect the bonus roll system is ridiculous, hence why I pointed out the flaws to try to argue as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    This is good. What are you talking about?
    I don't really mind this change. Still, it was nice being able to target some upgrades you really needed and you probably didn't get due to bad RNG. So, it's 1 step forward (less loot), 1,5 step back as far as I am concerned.

Honestly, it's just an illusion of choice.

At first, almost everything might be an upgrade. But after a few weeks of doing content X, Y and Z, the odds of duplicates will increase. And unless your someone who pushes content, what are the odds you'll max out Mythic+, Raiding, and PvP so you can get those 9 chances for a pick at 1 piece of loot. Now imagine after putting in all that effort week after week and never getting what you want?

While bonus rolls sucked, at least there was always that small tiny chance that if I used it on Boss Y, I could get Item C. Sure, I could also get Item A which I got last week or Item C which is garbage. But it was that chance of getting it right there at that moment, and being able to use it going forward.

Now, you wait until reset to see if you got it.

And like I said previous, it's the same system it's just an illusion of choice. Vault or Bonus roll, your odds are just as high of getting that 1 item your really really need.

only difference is, If people don't like it, Blizz could let you pick 2 out of 9, or even 3 items out of 9 to balance it out later.

Edit: To lazy to edit Typo's and Grammar.