Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    guaranteed best stats? press F to doubt
    i didnt say best stats i said an upgrade. unless things are so differently that ILVL doesnt always mean an upgrade. not to mention now that there are massive diminishing returns on secondary stats that means you proabaly will need more options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    God dam I am so disconnected from the community. I never realized people didn't want bonus rolls. People want less loot drops. Like I said: I am so disconnected.
    it's not that people want 'less loot drops' it's that they want less 'meaningless loot drops' and more quality loot that actually means anything and doesn't require a maths degree, a doctorate in astrophysics and a national grade super computer to run billions of simulations to figure out if item 'insert edgy name here' A is better than item 'insert edgy name here' B, sure the casuals who don't know better don't want this change because 'less loot = bad' but for most people who care about character progression and getting better at the game and enjoying it fully having loot rain down on you that is utterly meaningless unless you get that 1% roll on top of a 1% roll on top of a 1% roll making the item 'usable' relative to what you already have is just bad game design, they tried to apply the 'diablo' effect to the game with legion and it doesn't work in an mmo like WOW, and it certainly doesn't keep people logged into the game which is what most systems these days are designed to do since the playerbase is so low, they gotta keep what little playerbase they have left so it doesn't cause the investors to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    holy dusty strawman! You quote them, and then immediately misquote them? They said an UPGRADE, nothing about guaranteed best stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Removing something that, according to this thread, a strong majoirty disliked, is a good thing. Stop pretending they removed content or abilities or specs or something.
    not understanding your stat priority = actual upgrade vs sidegrade is definitely a misunderstanding on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

guaranteed best stats? press F to doubt
    I wasn't going to say anything, but so you don't look silly again in the future.......it's press X for doubt. F to pay respects.

- - - Updated - - -

not understanding your stat priority = actual upgrade vs sidegrade is definitely a misunderstanding on their part.
    You are confused, an upgrade doesn't mean a higher ilvl, therefore their comment is perfectly acceptable. What's completely wrong and made my physically cringe a bit is you claiming they said it was always best stats, something they never claimed. An upgrade depends 100% on your currently equiped item, so the stats being the bis is not required for an item to be an upgrade.

At this point you are just arguing against yourself. Amusing to watch, but not very fruitful.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Good riddance. I'd estimate that I've gotten an item with bonus rolls at around 1 per 12-13 seals. Even now I often think 'why am I bothering' when I go to the NPC to get them.
    ^this. plus people were complaining about rng on loot; warforging, titanforging, corruption. this is actually removing a layer of rng

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how people react when, over and over, they get no loot in liue of getting loot they can't use. Personally, I prefer getting loot more regularly. I don't care if it is often not bis. I like seeing a regular reward even if its not bis. However, I get that that can be frustrating to other players. Going to be interesting to see how things fall out over the next couple months.
    I haven't cared a single bit about loot for over a decade. I always know I will have good enough gear to defeat the last boss on Mythic before we get to kill-range without caring about it, and since gear is not a reward in any way but only a tool to overcome challenges, I haven't had a reason to care for a long time. Playing Classic for a few months made me realize I can actually get a bit excited about loot if it's scarce, so any change Blizzard makes that makes loot harder to get is a good change to me.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You said that there are no items worth using. I said there was. Your source even said it in black and white. Nowhere to shift the goal posts. Thank you for confirming what I said. Just need an apology from you.
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at. This started off with the idea that "crafted gear is there".

I point out again, how the only crafted gear that's being used reliably is not even actually gear, but used to forge legendaries.

And now you're saying I should apologize for...what? Not humoring the idea that white quality gear isn't "crafted gear" but rather "crafted materials"?

Or what's next, are we going to consider flasks and food "crafted gear"?

What on earth are you flapping on about? The crafted items are reagents, used for the......CRAFTING of your legendaries. You are making an absolute fool out of yourself claiming the legendaries are not craftable. It's honestly really embarrassing.
    You haven't played the beta, have you?

It's more like, vendored gear. You pick the power you want attached to it, and you can pick stats, and then the Runecraver as a NPC applies it all for you and gives you the gear back.

You know FULLY WELL that isn't what the other poster meant by using crafted gear to fill slots that you're having bad luck with.

it wont be over in a week since raid is gonna be delayed as always. this 100% ruins gameplay, taking away from players who are unlucky as fuck with loot. it also hurts transmog hunting.
    Figure of speech, obviously.

But no it doesn't.
    Transmog is a secondary issue. Not wrecking gearing is more important. In BfA we got so much loot i didn't even use my bonus rolls in raid as most bosses didn't drop anything i needed anymore.
    Luck in loot is ever present. If you have a problem with that lobby for master loot. Not more loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You haven't played the beta, have you?

It's more like, vendored gear. You pick the power you want attached to it, and you can pick stats, and then the Runecraver as a NPC applies it all for you and gives you the gear back.

You know FULLY WELL that isn't what the other poster meant by using crafted gear to fill slots that you're having bad luck with.
    I have, not extensively, just as i felt the itch. You are right! it is like vendor gear......with one distinct difference................................wait for it.......................its crafted! Thats right! and then that crafted item, is used to craft you legendary item, when combined with OTHER crafted items!

Blizzard have explained it quite clearly in a post titled..........wait for it...........CRAFTING your legendary in Shadowlands!

- - - Updated - - -

Or what's next, are we going to consider flasks and food "crafted gear"?

LOL, what a stupid argument to make, they clearly dont meet the commonly accepted definition of GEAR, more ITEMS. But, guess what they DO meet the requirement of? CRAFTED! just like legendaries in SL.

There was always crafted gear.

The people who are "willing to put in the time" are punished harder now due to this change though, as I said.

A player RIGHT NOW who pushes raiding, mythic+, and PvP would be rolling in loot yes.

But they deserve it for doing that much.

In Shadowlands? PvP and Mythic+ are bound to the same chest. And I won't hold my breath for crafted gear being worth anything since it was mostly bland for as long as I can recall, and if anything it's just going to go towards legendaries since as far as I recall, you need crafted gear
    to make the legendaries but that's about it.
    As they should be. Nobody should be forced to do every single game mode to get maximum loot. Combined chest is better for the game.

bonus rolls were good bad luck protection. and honestly one of the more reliably ways to get offspec trinkets/weapons in a world where there is always a new main spec trial/reroll that needs stuff.

not sure i like them removing those. maybe if they add raid trinkets to the weekly chest or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Humans are VASTLY more likely to speak out if they dislike something than if they like something. So if the playerbase is roughly split 50/50 on loot showers, then you will hear very LOUD complaints about loot showers in BfA. Then they remove loot showers in SL and the OTHER 50% will now very LOUDLY complain they want loot showers while the 50% that disliked them fall silent.

That can make it appear like people are crying about everything.
    Yeah, but I seem to see the same avatars making both sides of the argument distressingly often on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    bonus rolls were good bad luck protection. and honestly one of the more reliably ways to get offspec trinkets/weapons in a world where there is always a new main spec trial/reroll that needs stuff.

not sure i like them removing those. maybe if they add raid trinkets to the weekly chest or something.
    Check out wowhead.com for some good breakdowns of what can be in the weekly vault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Humans are VASTLY more likely to speak out if they dislike something than if they like something. So if the playerbase is roughly split 50/50 on loot showers, then you will hear very LOUD complaints about loot showers in BfA. Then they remove loot showers in SL and the OTHER 50% will now very LOUDLY complain they want loot showers while the 50% that disliked them fall silent.

That can make it appear like people are crying about everything.
    As far as I can see this thread seems to be closer to 80% who like the change.

I have, not extensively, just as i felt the itch. You are right! it is like vendor gear......with one distinct difference................................wait for it.......................its crafted! Thats right! and then that crafted item, is used to craft you legendary item, when combined with OTHER crafted items!

Blizzard have explained it quite clearly in a post titled..........wait for it...........CRAFTING your legendary in Shadowlands!

LOL, what a stupid argument to make, they clearly dont meet the commonly accepted definition of GEAR, more ITEMS. But, guess what they DO meet the requirement of? CRAFTED! just like legendaries in SL.
    Like I said, you have no real desire to actually discuss this it seems and just seek to have more "gotcha!" moments that don't really amount to anything.

The other poster said "fill out empty spots with crafted gear". Specifically.

NOW, in a complete and utter weird twist of argument, you are trying to claim that "Crafted gear exists!" (your original words) and are somehow ignoring that not only is the only comparable "crafted" gear the tokens to turn into legendaries, but that you can only have one legendary on to begin with.

So at no point is anyone actually using crafted gear to fill slots, as I originally said. You just moved the argument from point to point to try to prove instead that "legendaries are crafted gear" but even if you reach that point (which they still aren't, the crafted gear is merely a material used to purchase the piece of gear. At no point is any professions actually crafted the gear, you know fully well as I know that when people talk about "crafted gear" they mean by another player. This is literally akin to buying the legendaries in Legion, and no one called that "crafting" a legendary just because it came from a Blacksmith who literally said he found the way to make the legendaries), your original claim that you can use crafted gear to fill the slots is still faulty because it only goes up to 200 ilvl anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    As they should be. Nobody should be forced to do every single game mode to get maximum loot. Combined chest is better for the game.
    While that is a completely fair viewpoint honestly, I think this is a case where the habits that WoW causes the cutting edge players to do can be considered a bit of a detriment to those who were playing under that level.

To be clear, I mean specifically by cutting edge the players who felt the need to grind every, single, thing to min/max the competition. And while there is a trickle down effect yes, it also does drastically drop off over time. You can still obtain CE without touching PvP for example.

But for those who enjoyed dabbling in both arenas and M+, this is definitely going to hurt them even if they didn't feel "forced" to do it.

Why are people happy about loosing a chance at gear? Am I missing something here.. it cost you little to nothing and got a second chance at loot on a boss you needed now you get nothing, good luck on personal loot too lol

Check out wowhead.com for some good breakdowns of what can be in the weekly vault.
    unless there is a way to influence what's in the chest, why bother?

this is final nail to the coffin of this expansion.

in the end it was blizzard who killed wow. gg

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    unless there is a way to influence what's in the chest, why bother?
    You can get raid gear from the chest is their point I'm pretty sure.

But that could also just end up being 2 rings and a cloak instead of narrowing down like bonus rolls added the flexibility to do.

check out that there is no "no duplicates" mechanic in vault.

meaning so what if you get 3 choices if all 3 are crap

have fun

it wont be over in a week since raid is gonna be delayed as always. this 100% ruins gameplay, taking away from players who are unlucky as fuck with loot. it also hurts transmog hunting.
    Bovine excrement. And you either know this and just want to contribute to the endless drama this forum cooks up daily or you really haven't thought about it and just scream whenever anything changes. By now I am unsure.

1) Unlucky people have no advantage with Bonus rolls. They will not get loot (or the loot they want) from that either, because that requires luck, which they don't have, because they are unlucky. Your logic is flawed

2) The new system removes the chance for Azerite and Gold and will always give items. Then you can CHOOSE to make them into Anima.

3) Old raids are not affected, so your mog hunting is not disturbed.