Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    check out that there is no "no duplicates" mechanic in vault.

meaning so what if you get 3 choices if all 3 are crap

have fun
    There is. They even said allready in a bluepost that there won't be duplicates in the vault on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Why are people happy about loosing a chance at gear? Am I missing something here.. it cost you little to nothing and got a second chance at loot on a boss you needed now you get nothing, good luck on personal loot too lol
    Yea, I don't get it either. Sure the coins were more often than not a disappointment but it was still another chance at specific gear. I would definitely preferred if they stayed around.
    Last edited by Cayumi; 2020-09-24 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    check out that there is no "no duplicates" mechanic in vault.

meaning so what if you get 3 choices if all 3 are crap

have fun
    check out how the bonus roll works - you can get NOTHING. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Bovine excrement. And you either know this and just want to contribute to the endless drama this forum cooks up daily or you really haven't thought about it and just scream whenever anything changes. By now I am unsure.

1) Unlucky people have no advantage with Bonus rolls. They will not get loot (or the loot they want) from that either, because that requires luck, which they don't have, because they are unlucky. Your logic is flawed

2) The new system removes the chance for Azerite and Gold and will always give items. Then you can CHOOSE to make them into Anima.

3) Old raids are not affected, so your mog hunting is not disturbed.
    Bonus rolls have BLP, so eventually loot will still come. And since bosses can have limited loot pools, the coin still restricts that bad luck swing to just that boss. Skitra is a great example of this, since for hunters the only loot the boss drops is either boots, or the much sought after weapon.

So if a hunter kept throwing the coin at Skitra, chances are higher that they'll bonus roll the bow at that rate with BLP for the bonus roll.

Now what are the chances of getting the bow from doing the weekly quests events that give raid loot? Even if you could roll it 3 times, what are the chances out of all the gear from Nyalotha, the bow would show up?

Pretty lame. Was nice to have a bit of control over where you got an extra bit of luck. Theres normally only 1 or 2 bosses good for your spec per raid so this makes it even harder to finally get that trinket or weapon
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I’m happy for this change. I don’t think I ever managed to get what I wanted from bonus rolls and the frustration this bought me made me raged afew times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Thank fuck for removal of that shit.
    why?

was an extra bit of resource you normally cap out by thousands if you are actually playing the game really so bad?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Going against the grain here: Everyone will be worse off because of this.
    Being able to target high impact loot facilitated power gain and distribution on subsequent runs.
    Throughput will suffer and guilds will take longer on progression walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi View Post
    Yea, I don't get it either. Sure the coins were more often than not a disappointment but it was still another chance at gear. I would definitely preferred if they stayed around.
    if they were just another chance at gear i wouldn't mind their removal. the fact they were another chance at a specific piece of gear was their real value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Throughput will suffer and guilds will take longer on progression walls.
    no they won't blizz will still nerf stuff after x time or y people are stuck like they always do.

Good thing, if you dont need to pray RNGesus for the "perfect proc" then bonus rolls are not needed. That's one modification I support. I almost never got something good from bonus rolls (maybe 1 or 2 loots in the entire bfa, and I raided for most part of BFA)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    no they won't blizz will still nerf stuff after x time or y people are stuck like they always do.
    It depends on how overtuned a trinket might be.

If one trinket ends up causing a drastic swing in power (Think Font of Power, Arcanocrystal, Rune of Reorigination, I don't think I need to go on, every expansion has one at some point), a bonus roll on that boss each week should lessen the time it takes for your fellow raider to finally get that piece. Especially if it starts to come to potentially extending raids instead of reclearing.

While nerfs do come into play, trinkets can be pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Good thing, if you dont need to pray RNGesus for the "perfect proc" then bonus rolls are not needed. That's one modification I support. I almost never got something good from bonus rolls (maybe 1 or 2 loots in the entire bfa, and I raided for most part of BFA)
    I mean, when bonus rolls were introduced originally, there wasn't this entire nonsensical system of warforged/titanforged/bonus sockets. That only started in Legion.

Reverting away from those (Bonus sockets shouldn't be a thing still, I dislike that they're keeping this and just saying "but you can buy socket!", especially when the biggest socket swing is on rings and they are still making those RNG) means a bonus roll has a better chance to yield something actually decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

If one trinket ends up causing a drastic swing in power (Think Font of Power, Arcanocrystal, Rune of Reorigination, I don't think I need to go on, every expansion has one at some point), a bonus roll on that boss each week should lessen the time it takes for your fellow raider to finally get that piece. Especially if it starts to come to potentially extending raids instead of reclearing.

I mean, when bonus rolls were introduced originally, there wasn't this entire nonsensical system of warforged/titanforged/bonus sockets. That only started in Legion.

Reverting away from those (Bonus sockets shouldn't be a thing still, I dislike that they're keeping this and just saying "but you can buy socket!", especially when the biggest socket swing is on rings and they are still making those RNG) means a bonus roll has a better chance to yield something actually decent.
    Aren't warforged items from MOP originally ? (siege of orgrimmar = warforged). Legion just went one step ahead with titanforging

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Aren't warforged items from MOP originally ? (siege of orgrimmar = warforged). Legion just went one step ahead with titanforging
    It was a miniscule upgrade of like, 3-5 item levels at the times.

More of a perk for doing 25 man raids because they had a higher chance to drop there.

That's what I meant by nonsensical though, when it became uncapped in Legion so world quests could jump up ridiculously high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    well. Shadowlands starting to look like straight dumpster fire now. https://www.wowhead.com/news=318109/...wlands-content
    But people wanted less RNG?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Bovine excrement. And you either know this and just want to contribute to the endless drama this forum cooks up daily or you really haven't thought about it and just scream whenever anything changes. By now I am unsure.

1) Unlucky people have no advantage with Bonus rolls. They will not get loot (or the loot they want) from that either, because that requires luck, which they don't have, because they are unlucky. Your logic is flawed

2) The new system removes the chance for Azerite and Gold and will always give items. Then you can CHOOSE to make them into Anima.

If you think bonus rolls didn't help people have a better chance at loot then you absolutely have no idea how statistics work. Bonus rolls literally increased the chance of getting loot from a specific boss. Now, if you down a boss, there's an even higher chance you'll get shafted because you just lost your bonus roll which was a form of bad luck prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Blizz is reluctant to nerf gear that's true. But where there is a will there is a way and people will just start doing more alt stacked heroic runs if it's THAT big a deal to make burst dps checks. but a targeted nerf to that specific dps check isn't an uncommon thing either these days.

it'll suck a lot more for peoples logs/being behind people who did get lucky than it will for the ability of guilds to kill bosses i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Removing bonus rolls doesn't fix RNG. It actually makes it far worse. The fact that people don't realize this is making me question the intelligence of most people that play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    less rng in things that matter in the long run. gear is going to be the never ending upgrade. mounts/pets/toys/etc all those things less rng = better sure. having the "rng" be in the weekly chest vs being coined rolls just makes it so people have to consistently do more content every week in order to possibly get what they need vs just buying the coins and coining during raids/15s. it shouldnt be an either or system. it should be both. because there just straight up are the people who are unlucky and will consistently not get the items they need to progress. having those extra chances helps them.

- - - Updated - - -

having a chance to get a item > than not having a chance to get it. thats just quick math facts. 2+2=4-1=3 quick maffs.

- - - Updated - - -

100% hurts the new content, which is shadowlands. say for instance you want to have 100% mog of whatever you can use, leather for instance. not having those rolls hurts you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Blizz is reluctant to nerf gear that's true. But where there is a will there is a way and people will just start doing more alt stacked heroic runs if it's THAT big a deal to make burst dps checks. but a targeted nerf to that specific dps check isn't an uncommon thing either these days.

it'll suck a lot more for peoples logs/being behind people who did get lucky than it will for the ability of guilds to kill bosses i think.
    I think it will suck for those guilds who don't do heroic split runs honestly, or even the casual player who still wants to min/max even if their gear is coming from normal raids with their guild.

I mean, hopefully Blizzard doesn't make gear feel awful either, like less "this trinket decides a chunk of your damage/survival", but after BfA (font, razor coral, urchin/edict in particular), I don't have high hopes.

Granted Font was the extreme outliner, but still.

Less is better if gears were itemized better. 90% time they are complete trash.