Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Attack on Titan is whiny and lazy garbage for the first two seasons. Nothing happens, the main characters are flat as a piece of paper, and the secondary ones are forgettable and are way too many. Season 3 is where it gets marginally better.

American Dad is the worst animated series ever conceived my mankind. I am seriously appalled and shocked that anyone could like it at all.

Harry Potter is good, but predictable and at times even boring.

Tarantino is not gifted with synthesis and his 3-hour-long movies heavily suffer for this.

Black Panther was a very "meh" super hero film and was pretty standard mediocre origin film. I believe because it was about a black superhero that people hyped it up more.

The Godfather is only ok and far from the best gangster film ever made.

Napoleon Dynamite wasn't good.

I know someone else has said it, but Man of Steel is really good, the best live action incarnation of Superman.

Batman v Superman was better than most MCU films and was not a bad film, especially the extended cut.

As a stand alone film, and not an event piece, the only truly good MCU film was Winter Soldier.

Charlie Brooker should give Black Mirror a rest and focus on Wipes. I liked some of the ideas but I don't think it is as good as people make out, Inside Number 9 does macabre much better.

Comedy movies are mostly utter shit.

South Park is the greatest satirical TV show ever made, and still has it.

I've never seen Fleabag, and the gushing it gets from certain quarters of the media puts me off giving it a fair chance.

Dunno if unpopular, but the various streaming services simply have too much content (and a good chunk of it is just shit), I know this probably says more about me, but the amount of time it takes me to pick something, or the number of times I just get overwhelmed and stick the XBOX on are too many to count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

- Good heavens is black panther overrated and overpraised
    - Diversity quotas/Political Correctness is ruining movies/tv
    - Toy Story 1-4 are all very average movies
    - Super Mario Bros is a fantastic silly comedy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Borat was boring and unfunny.
    I'll jump on this unpopular opinion.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Gravity is most overrated piece of shit movie ever made and prof Oscars are rigged.

Also political correctness is going to slowly destroy movie industry.
    Last edited by markos82; 2020-09-21 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Gravity is most overrated piece of shit movie ever made and prof Oscars are rigged.

Also political correctness is going to slowly destroy movie industry.
    You are aware "PC" at least what people claim to be crying about is generally getting better, not worse. People used to freak because Family Matters was too crude to be put in prime time slots. People crying about PC today are just the mirror image of people who shit their pants because a show had a woman in a bikini or because Jimmy said fuck one too many times a few decades ago.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You are aware "PC" at least what people claim to be crying about is generally getting better, not worse. People used to freak because Family Matters was too crude to be put in prime time slots. People crying about PC today are just the mirror image of people who shit their pants because a show had a woman in a bikini or because Jimmy said fuck one too many times a few decades ago.
    You got things wrong. I hate that in every or most of them there has to be a gay guy or lesbian woman, few Asian guys and couple of black people for movie to be considered for critics to be ok. I am not racist but let's look at it like this, marvel movies from example, new iron man will be a black man or woman, Captain America probably a blackman but strangely no Asian people except in Dr. Strange. There were talks about Idris Elba ( who I think is great actor) being new James Bond which be be similar to Black Panter being white guy. Then just look at the last season of Sex Education, then remake of what women want now called what men want....

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'll jump on this unpopular opinion.
    I didn't even know that was an unpopular opinion. Me, and most people I talk to about movies and stuff, hate Borat.

Star Wars was never amazing cinema. The anti-PC outrage surrounding them is pathetic.

I loved Affleck's Batman, and Man of Steel is the only take on Superman that I enjoy.

Killing many characters in one fel swoop is not great writing, it says that the author can't come up with ways to finish the character archs.

I hate "open-ended" endings most of the time. It can work when foreshadowed, such as Prisoners heavily telling us that Detective Loki is a very attentive and uncompromising investigator, but most times an open-ended ending is just a non-ending. And if it's done as a nod to a future sequel, which has become norm in many a shitty movie as of late, it should be punishable.

There should be more R-rated movies.
    If The Batman is rated R to spare the feels of kids and their parents, I might just skip it. I've seen enough R-rated Batmans tickle their opponents into concussions and nothing more to last the rest of my life. It's why Batfleck felt more imposing, they showed him causing HARM to his attackers.

I prefer Brie Larson's Captain Marvel over Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. One doesn't excuse herself, the other one still panders in ways to the same crowd enraged by Brie.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-09-22 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I prefer Brie Larson's Captain Marvel over Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. One doesn't excuse herself, the other one still panders in ways to the same crowd enraged by Brie.
    I love how the people on this forum say "Wonder Woman is how you do an empowering female movie!" while ignoring that it's literally a movie about her chasing Chris Pine, making reckless decisions because of Chris Pine, and basically screwing everything up because of Chris Pine.

It's quite silly.

Black Panther was not that great a movie. It was mediocre in my opinion. Now i understand why its important but as a story it felt flat full of holes and the lead wasnt as great as he was in Civil War (Sadly we now understand why that might be)

Though Kilmonger was good in it his plan made no sense at all in the universe it was set.

adults that like kids films like avengers and batman need to grow up. Want to know how the next avengers film ends? the avengers win, grow up.

clive owen is a great actor in terrible films.
    idris alba is a great actor in terrible films.
    tom hardy is a terrible actor in great films

pierce brosnon was the best bond and goldeneye is the best bond film

the last episode of eastbound and down is the funniest episode on a tv show ever.

the people who wrote how i met your mother watched scrubs and then decided to make ever character in thier show The Todd and should never work again.

shows that know how and when (and have the guts) to end are best.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    adults that like kids films like avengers and batman need to grow up. Want to know how the next avengers film ends? the avengers win, grow up.
    that's 99% of fiction though. go with that tolkien(?) quote about how victory means nothing without sacrifice/loss instead. but then it's no longer an unpopular opinion i guess.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-23 at 06:51 AM.

Game of Thrones had a fantastic ending - assuming you paid attention.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Woke diversity revisionist agenda is killing the cinema/tv.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 all superhero movies and tv shows ever made are thrash

2 avatar sucked

3 tos >>> tng >>> enterpise = voyager = ds9 >>> the Orville >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the michael burnham show

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I love how the people on this forum say "Wonder Woman is how you do an empowering female movie!" while ignoring that it's literally a movie about her chasing Chris Pine, making reckless decisions because of Chris Pine, and basically screwing everything up because of Chris Pine.

It's quite silly.
    I love how people believe Captain marvel was any good at all. She didn't do anything to gain power she just had it. Typical Mary sue

Lost was always dull and boring.

I get a lot of shit for this in my house.. but I feel the Jarassic Park movies are mediocre at best. Since the first one I haven't found them all that entertaining. Boils down to "look at the dinos" and jump scares for the most part.