Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Another wod? Holy shit that would be great, definitly a step up from the past 5 years, but no, their will be more content along the way, this diablo 3 metrics are completly bullshit and shoul never ever EVER have gotten into our world of warcraft.
    WoD was literally the worst expansion ever and saw a HUGE drop in subs as a result. WoD only benefitted raidloggers

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I'm wondering if we play the same game/where on the same beta...

Have fun staying mad.
    Dude you re trying to use logic against a guy who if you had spent more time in these forums would have realized he is only ever speaking about negative things regarding the game. For years now. Which of course he has the right to feel that way but it makes one wonder what compells him to keep crying about the game if he hates it so damn much.
    The endgame in shadowlands in the beta looks great. I am not at all worried about how much content there is to do as there is plenty. Its just not all tied to character power anymore so you re not forced to do endless grinds for it and thats fine. If the discussion was about system functionality like covenants, soulbinds etc theres a lot of fair criticism to be made. Lack of quantity of content in SL being an issue is pure clownery at this point especially after the floodgates of tears coming from being forced to do so many things for character power in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Personaly cant wait for 6 pants in a row.

Who am I kidding, I am skipping this dumpster fire, learned my lesson after BfA.
    Just make sure to walk fast so the door doesnt hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    WoD was literally the worst expansion ever and saw a HUGE drop in subs as a result. WoD only benefitted raidloggers
    Legion nose dived during antorus which in my opinion is by far the worst expansion ever to hit live servers. Like ever ever. Its al subjective, i know more people that hate legion then wod. People mostly complain about the lack of content. Whilst legion people complained about pretty much everything except the dungeons

Legion nose dived during antorus which in my opinion is by far the worst expansion ever to hit live servers. Like ever ever. Its al subjective, i know more people that hate legion then wod. People mostly complain about the lack of content. Whilst legion people complained about pretty much everything except the dungeons
    Outside of this anecdotal evidence about the people that you know, metric and polls have shown that Legion is generally regarded as the best of the modern WoW era expansions alongside MoP. Legion's problems had to do with specific systems the worst of which was the legiondaries. And of course people overreacting to everything.
    The amount of convenience that has been added to this game over the years has made people lose their minds over the most trivial of changes. To the point where I feel sorry for the devs for adding convenience features in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    You are right.
    Doesn't change the fact that they remove bonus rolls for the godlike weekly vault we get that offsets the loss easily.

It was a given that they had to remove/slow gear acquisition down somehow, since bonus rolls were an annoying thing for every week anyways... why not?
    godlike weekly vault?

bonus roll is probably 20% to get item, usually 1-4 items on the loot table, so 5-20% to get the item you are targeting.

vault is (at best) 3 chances to get ANY item from the raid, raids usually have at least 2 items per slot for you, so thats something like 3*3%=~8-9% to get what you want, but probably a bit less since there are usually more than 2 items per slot total. and most people will only get 1 or 2 mythic ilvl rolls, not 3, at least during progress, so you are realistically looking at ~5% to get what you want. it's like asking how often you get the exact item you want from a timewalking box.

sounds like bonus rolls are better in almost all situations.

the one big thing the vault has going for it is that you can (presumably) get items from bosses you haven't killed yet, like back in the days with the bi-weekly box, so you can get lucky early on at the expense of it being harder to get "that one item that never drops".
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-09-23 at 10:56 AM.

Good change. I hate Rolling for some pocket change.
    I Havent paid enough attention. Are they going to Remove titan/war/legion/whateverforged gear aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    godlike weekly vault?

bonus roll is probably 20% to get item, usually 1-4 items on the loot table, so 5-20% to get the item you are targeting.

vault is (at best) 3 chances to get ANY item from the raid, raids usually have at least 2 items per slot for you, so thats something like 3*3%=~8-9% to get what you want, but probably a bit less since there are usually more than 2 items per slot total. and most people will only get 1 or 2 mythic ilvl rolls, not 3, at least during progress, so you are realistically looking at ~5% to get what you want. it's like asking how often you get the exact item you want from a timewalking box.

sounds like bonus rolls are better in almost all situations.
    Pretty much what I've been saying but apparently I just don't know what I'm talking about. The only reason anyone would want bonus rolls to be removed would be to punish casuals.

Bonus roll was there to prevent you from bad RNG on certain drops, say a trinket you've been hunting that drops from 4th boss. Without bonus roll, you need pray harder to RNGesus, cause you only got 1 shot every week instead of 2 with bonus roll.

This is a very bad change. How people can not understand that RNG will now fukk you harder without bonus roll, is beyond me. Must be a special kind of stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Hm I mainly Play random since they kicked off m+ during legion. It is a boundary free system I appreciate so much. I love to see how differently people are playing, but also how differently they treat each other. I do understand that raiding is still considered BiS content and they have to rescale it. But I am afraid that it’s gonna be damn boring without any grind besides weekly cache. It seems that even with a „3 chest“ run, the whole group gets one item. Which is ridiculous.

And instead of having 4 different types of a raid. They simply need to do raid+

But I won’t go on any further, the game needs to release first

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    And instead of having 4 different types of a raid. They simply need to do raid+
    Raid+ means progress never ends. that's a very bad idea. just a recipe for burnout and drama.

Bonus rolls are one of the many things that look good on paper but are not really that good in reality. To have an additional roll on a specific boss loot table is good - too bad that most of the times it's gonna be useless stuff. Even more if you use the rolls on multiple bosses and dilute their usefulness.

There's gonna be less loot overall, smaller loot tables so less RNG. I welcome this change. I want to kill a boss and get my stuff, even if it takes more kills.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Thinking about how often I got nothing or the wrong item out of the bonus roll, and only a few memorable exceptions, I would rather have a system which presents me some more options and lets me decide which I find the most useful. Also rewarding activity in a specific area of the game with more options in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Bonus rolls are one of the many things that look good on paper but are not really that good in reality. To have an additional roll on a specific boss loot table is good - too bad that most of the times it's gonna be useless stuff. Even more if you use the rolls on multiple bosses and dilute their usefulness.

There's gonna be less loot overall, smaller loot tables so less RNG. I welcome this change. I want to kill a boss and get my stuff, even if it takes more kills.
    the obvious fix is to make it a 100% chance to give an item, but not as often. say one every 2 weeks.

there has to be some form of bad luck protection.

imagine being the only hunter in your guild and having bad luck on weapon drops. got a feeling that sort of situation is going to be awfully common. did hear something about the return of tokens though, so maybe if they add weapon tokens.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    The weekly chest (regardless of how many options) only allows you to take 1 item. So let's say you kill 10 bosses, and complete 10 M+ dungeons. Congrats you have 6 choices waiting for you BUT you can only pick 1.

Meanwhile, if you had 5 bonus loot coins (which is the current cap), you can spend all 5 in 1 week on 1 non-mythic raid boss to get a 20% chance to get something from said boss.

Non-mythic because of how Mythic Raid lockouts work.
    But you are guaranteed 1 item from the chest, right?
    You are not guaranteed a bonus roll.
    Here's what the math says (assuming no BLP, which I have no idea if that's built in or how it works):

Week 1:
    - Buy 2 bonus rolls (2 total) and use 1, save 1 = 20% chance at bonus loot
    - Get 1 item from weekly chest
    Score: Rolls 0.2, Chest 1.0

Week 2:
    - Buy 2 bonus rolls (3 total), save both = 0% chance at bonus loot
    Score: Rolls 0.2, Chest 2.0

Week 3:
    - Buy 2 bonus rolls (5 total), spend them all = 20% x 5 averages to 1 bonus item
    Score: Rolls 1.2, Chest 3.0

So, with perfect luck, sure, in 3 weeks you have received 6 bonus items.
    I personally cannot recall a time when I got an item with both tokens in a single week, let alone saved up and received items, but it's possible.
    Overall, though, the Chest is a much more steady source, with the caveat that it is not a focused loot table, but rather a smattering of items from all loot tables from the content in which you participated.

Again, seems like a fair, reasonable trade.
    Early on, it will be more useful.
    As the tier wanes, and upgrades are fewer and farther between, it will net you more vendor/shard gear.

Legion was their best expansion, the only problem was RNG with legendaries, but even that eventually could be sorted out. At the end of the expansion, I had a full collection of all legendaries for every class. My main was done much earlier. I completed all 36 Mage Tower scenarios at least twice, for a total of 103 successful runs, and ran M+ and random raids (Balance of Power completed on all classes). Also never PvPed as much as in Legion, and had fun (which is not the case usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    speak for yourself. yes i recognize a lot less loot is going to drop, thats partly why this change is fucking bad.
    I wasn't particularly bothered by it since it didn't really affect me but there were some very loud voices primarily from the high end community calling for titanforging to be removed from the game and Blizzard listened.

This is a great news. Back to Wotlk, the best espansion so far

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    Great, now I don't even have the opportunity to be disappointed twice
    This is probably the most accurate comment in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Raid+ means progress never ends. that's a very bad idea. just a recipe for burnout and drama.
    and compared to m+? Maybe it is only your own view. There are people that do not suffer burnout or need your described "drama".

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

The loot table size isn't getting smaller though?

Like, currently on live is probably the smallest loot size we'll see, with no neck or backs dropping because of the heart of Azeroth and the legendary cape.

There's no such system in Shadowlands, so necks and backs will be back in the loot pool for raids, meaning there's going to be more loot from the raids to dilute the loot pool.