Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So how do you gear up in shadowlands?

I was just wondering what ways do people have to gear up in shadowlands compared to BFA? Right now in BFA I can reach rather good ilvl by just doing m+, world bosses, cloak quest and running visions. Sharding azerite items and buying better one's is also good. Before you also had warfronts.

How does shadowlands compare? Is m+ the only way now? I sorta understood torghast doesn't actually reward anything other than crafting reagents for some leggos and m+ gearing is also taking a huge beating due to less loot and no titanforging.

Raiding is not an option for me as I can't commit to any time tables, so I'm at the mercy of the group finder. Is this going to just gimp me? So what options do I have?
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will do the same. Realistically little changed despite the recent ilvl "outrage".

You will still end up being reasonably decked out via M+ thanks to weekly chest and while direct M+ rewards themselves got a small hit, the weekly chest got massively buffed with multiple options, so you are bound to have top level pieces for all slots sooner than in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    I was just wondering what ways do people have to gear up in shadowlands compared to BFA? Right now in BFA I can reach rather good ilvl by just doing m+, world bosses, cloak quest and running visions. Sharding azerite items and buying better one's is also good. Before you also had warfronts.

How does shadowlands compare? Is m+ the only way now? I sorta understood torghast doesn't actually reward anything other than crafting reagents for some leggos and m+ gearing is also taking a huge beating due to less loot and no titanforging.

Raiding is not an option for me as I can't commit to any time tables, so I'm at the mercy of the group finder. Is this going to just gimp me? So what options do I have?
    Raid or have lower ilvl.

The same way.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318110/...in-shadowlands

Heroic raids - 213 ilvl
    Mythic raids - 226 ilvl
    Mythic raids last 2 bosses - 233 ilvl

Mythic+ - 210 ilvl
    Mythic+ weekly chest - 226

PvP 1800+? - 226

Apparently I will still be doing m+ to ensure the ilevel in the weekly chest is as high as possible but luckily only one run as I dislike m+ and rather raid and even pvp to get my gear (and the 6 bonus rolls in the chest) to gear up.

Had hopes to not have to do m+ at all but someone they want to tie the weekly reward's ilev to only m+, while the amount of chances are from 3 sources. Makes no sense! :P

Either way, my plan is to raid mythic and pvp in the sparetime!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Apparently I will still be doing m+ to ensure the ilevel in the weekly chest is as high as possible but luckily only one run as I dislike m+ and rather raid and even pvp to get my gear (and the 6 bonus rolls in the chest) to gear up.

Had hopes to not have to do m+ at all but someone they want to tie the weekly reward's ilev to only m+, while the amount of chances are from 3 sources. Makes no sense! :P

Either way, my plan is to raid mythic and pvp in the sparetime!
    If you raid mythic doing M+ isn't increasing the ilvl you get. So raiding+pvp will get you 6 options to choose from, no need for running dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you raid mythic doing M+ isn't increasing the ilvl you get. So raiding+pvp will get you 6 options to choose from, no need for running dungeons.
    No but it is increasing your pool of possible choices from 3 to 4-6 depending on how many +14s you want to run. (assuming you reach the point where you kill 10 mythic bosses.)

Nothing changes, just things have a different label and there is no wf/tf/corruption.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Are you positive? I understand you get 3 extra "rolls" from each of M+, Raid and PVP but I understood that the actual ilevel on the items shown is strictly based on the highest m+ key you do that week??

Are you positive? I understand you get 3 extra "rolls" from each of M+, Raid and PVP but I understood that the actual ilevel on the items shown is strictly based on the highest m+ key you do that week??
    Yeah of course. Like it has been.
    There are 3 sperate lines completly independend from each other. Raid, Mythic+, And PvP.

Each activity raises its iLvL with the highest you did in each category but doesn't change the others

3+ Year Old Account
    No. Read Ulfric's post above.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post

Basically it goes like this:
    1. First 2 weeks m+ grind
    2. Week 3 clear normal immidiatly and push HC as far as you can, best case is also a clear.
    3. From now on 1 m+/week is enough, as the gear from heroic and the vault loot from raiding will overshadow the additional m+ select options
    4. As soon as mythic opens continue heroic for 2-3 weeks (should be doable on one evening) while cöearing the first few mythic bosses at the same time.
    5. Around week 5 also drop heroic and continue 1m+ + mythic raids until the end of the tier.

Not sure where you got that, but it's not right. The ilvl of the items in the vault are based off the content that rewards them. What you're thinking of only applies to your 3-choice from M+, not raiding or PvP. For raiding, I believe it's just the highest difficulty. So if you defeat at least 1 Mythic boss, you're guaranteed at least one Mythic-level item from the raiding portion of the weekly vault. I'm not sure exactly how it works for PvP, but I imagine it'll have to work by a similar system. Point is, it's not all tied to M+. Only the M+ rewards from the vault are tied to M+.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Not sure where you got that, but it's not right. The ilvl of the items in the vault are based off the content that rewards them. What you're thinking of only applies to your 3-choice from M+, not raiding or PvP. For raiding, I believe it's just the highest difficulty. So if you defeat at least 1 Mythic boss, you're guaranteed at least one Mythic-level item from the raiding portion of the weekly vault. I'm not sure exactly how it works for PvP, but I imagine it'll have to work by a similar system. Point is, it's not all tied to M+. Only the M+ rewards from the vault are tied to M+.
    A small correction. It's 3 bosses on an specific difficulty for the first slot in the weekly vault.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    A small correction. It's 3 bosses on an specific difficulty for the first slot in the weekly vault.
    Ah, thanks. I haven't actually looked at the vault info in a while. I remember how it worked for M+ and how it worked in general was just assuming what felt right in my head on the details.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are currently 3 paths you have to choose from:
    Raiding, PvP and Mythic+
    If none of those are your taste, then you will be done in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    2. Week 3 clear normal immidiatly and push HC as far as you can, best case is also a clear.
    3. From now on 1 m+/week is enough, as the gear from heroic and the vault loot from raiding will overshadow the additional m+ select options
    4. As soon as mythic opens continue heroic for 2-3 weeks (should be doable on one evening) while cöearing the first few mythic bosses at the same time.
    5. Around week 5 also drop heroic and continue 1m+ + mythic raids until the end of the tier.
    Wrong, the first two weeks are mm0. Mm+ open with the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Awesome, thx! I thought the ilev was locked to your m+ key and the pvp/raidkills only increased the amount of chests to pick from, that included the ilev from m+!

Nice that it's not like that, much better system now than in BFA tbh!

wq's, m+, pvp and raids.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    The same way we always have been? The only difference is that the amount of loot available or of loot sources has been reduced.

Quests / do normal dungeons > hit max level > heroic dungeons + WQs (there are fewer too > Mythic 0.

If your plans don't include raiding, then you'll be doing M+ and Thorgast if you wish to obtain a legendary.