Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefuly they learned that having seven main characters and zip around each of them in an hour is distracting and no one felt compelling
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Looking forward to it, the first one was not great but an ok popcorn movie.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Thought the movie was bang average compared to something like their cinematics. Visuals were bad and the alliance in bright blue and golden armour were corny like usual, especially compared to the cinematics blizz do where they actually make the alliance look proud but still gritty. Only have to watch a cinematic such as the WC3 opening one, or battle for lordaeron to see human footmen actually looking like tough warriors. Seeing the alliance in the movie was like watching fking narnia or something.

That said if they could recreate something even close to their cinematic quality. Jeez that would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

^ What you said, full CGI just looks shit
    That's not what he said though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i would be down for a reboot of it even

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Not really a fan of a sequel possibility.

The movie was alright if you knew the story and kinda bland if you didn't. Overall it managed to keep afloat but you cannot build a sequel on "good enough". Not for a franchise like Warcraft.

I would personally love to see either a TV series like they are doing with the Witcher, or a complete reboot with a more careful direction and less crap stuffed in two hours.
    Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Warcraft movie is actually quite annoying to people who know the actual story, because a lot of it was twisted in the movie.

And it was quite well introduced to crowds who are unaware of any lore. Sure, they don't see as many details and easter eggs as warcraft gamers do, but that didn't make the movie any less egaging to them.

Witcher is a book (7 or 8 tomes to be more precise). The show is successfull mostly because of the books, not the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Witcher is a book (7 or 8 tomes to be more precise). The show is successfull mostly because of the books, not the games.
    Sorry but that is a delusional. If not for the game, vast majority of people wouldn't even know about series.
    Even is origin country it was something that people just didn't hear of. Original TV Serial has been a massive failure back then when game wasn't even in planning.
    Like really massive failure.
    Source: its my country.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Full CGI dosent equal good. Its well accepted in hollywood that full CGI generally has bad feedback from audiences. I personally think it looks terrible compared to practical effects. LOTR vs Hobbit is a great example. WoW suffered in a hobbit style way in my opinion.
    Sure, but that wasn't his point. His point was, that even great looking CGI can't save a bad story.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Warcraft movie is actually quite annoying to people who know the actual story, because a lot of it was twisted in the movie.

And it was quite well introduced to crowds who are unaware of any lore. Sure, they don't see as many details and easter eggs as warcraft gamers do, but that didn't make the movie any less egaging to them.

That's the most delusional thing I've read all day. Listen, the Witcher books are great, they really are, but they weren't a success outside of nerd culture in Poland. Hell, the first one wasn't even translated into English until AFTER the release of the first game. Same goes for A Song of Ice And Fire (Or A Game of Thrones if you will), they weren't succesful or even known outside of nerd culture, until HBO made it into a show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

What is wrong with what I said? My lore-savvy friends gave it 6-7/10 and the people I know who watched it with no previous knowledge mostly said it was a worse Lord of the Rings. No one was up in arms about how terrible it was and no one was looking forward to a sequel. I don't know how other folks around the world reacted.

I still believe that too much stuff happens with too little explaination. During the course of the movie we see too many places to get attached to any: Draenor, Stormwind, Ironforge, Dalaran, Karazhan, Goldshire, the Dark Portal. Dalaran is already floating for some reason and elves appear right at the end iirc. On a side note, the human cast was pretty bland too and none of the actors gave justice to the source characters.

I don't know why you brought up the Witcher books, but their popularity increased a lot when Witcher 3 was released. I am sure not enough people would have known the Witcher world to warrant creating a series around it without the boost from the videogame.

As part of that 0.1% minority group that actually liked the film, I wouldn't mind seeing the project taken up again. Still, I'd also hope for some improvements, as despite liking it I do admit it has flaws, and hope a sequel will perform better.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay sure I might have misread him, but why do you care that im misusing his point when its clear what im trying to say?
    Because you are building up a false premise - oh and that I disagree with you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay dude, you and others on forums always trying to dismantle others discussions. I stand by what I said and thought that guy was also saying the same thing. Oh and good for you, I couldnt care less
    Dismantle? You litterally thought that you had an argument, based upon the misreading of another post - if anyone is dismantling anything; it's you and your lack of reading comprehension.

I dislike zombie movies, but if they did an Arthas movie you'd get the players and zombie movie idiots through the gate automatically. And Arthas fall from grace is the best bit of literature thry have. Still don't think it's going to happen.

Please no more Orc-Human love stories. Show me all the interesting places and races in Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    So apparently against all expectations there's sequel coming.

Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/wo...ortedly-works/

Thoughts?
    Plenty of movies that get planned that don't actually get made. A bit too early to get excited about anything here.

Seeing the alliance in the movie was like watching fking narnia or something.
    You've got to admit, though, that the battle sequence, in the first Narnia film, was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Please no more Orc-Human love stories. Show me all the interesting places and races in Azeroth.
    Something like this: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...arcraft-Series

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Not really a fan of a sequel possibility.

I would personally love to see either a TV series like they are doing with the Witcher, or a complete reboot with a more careful direction and less crap stuffed in two hours.
    A TV series would be interesting, though I worry for what the orcs might end up looking like without big budget CGI time, lol. I would be totally into a reboot with, as you said, a more focused story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Do we really need to go through this again? The movie was horrible. I don't see how a reboot would be better.

The original Warcraft movie was saved by China and with recent tensions between the US and China and the Mulan disaster I'd say this is not happening at all.
    my question is why aren't they doing the second title instead tides of darkness? that would be a much better sell imo. a lot of the plot around the second game was centered around constant war and conflict. micheal bay would have a field day with that title alone not to even mention beyond the dark portal as a movie. it has much more to offer for an exciting action filled story audiences seem to go for than warcraft 1's more plodding background story. not saying 1 was worse than 2 neccesarily just it would make for a more viable movie adaptaption story and profit wise so i'm surprised and very disappointed they are doing a reboot of a mediocre movie that didn't make a lot of profit in the u.s. and was mostly saved by the chinese audience. like why? it would be like making a reboot of steel.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have preferred an animated series but I'll watch this all the same.. I enjoyed the Warcraft movie so whatever.

Video game movies are never good...

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Video game movies are never good...
    I disagree. Prince of Persia for all it's liberties with the original lore, managed to stay true to the essence of the story, while being a solid action-adventure flick.