Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I think the TUF is supposed to be 750 or something.
    Yeah, but is stock is scarce for now, i can see prices getting bumped up all around, at least here. The few online shopes that have something in stock is selling stuff like Gigabyte cards at 900ish. Which sucks.

I knew that was going to happen, so i'm waiting. If anything, more reviews, more tests around and if some model has any kind of issue they should come out in the 2-3 months i'm waiting.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The few online shopes that have something in stock is selling stuff like Gigabyte cards at 900ish. Which sucks.
    AFAIK most 3080 prices went up 60-70€ after day 1 allready because the stocks are refilled with air delivery.

The good thing about 3080 is that OC is basicly not worth it, because the standard clocks are very high, so you can just skip all premium/OC GPUs and go for the best value card - ASUS (non OC) TUF.

Gona wait for 700-750€ range or just skip the first 3000 generation and wait for the "facelift" models - maybe from TSMC with a bit less wattage.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The good thing about 3080 is that OC is basicly not worth it, because the standard clocks are very high, so you can just skip all premium/OC GPUs and go for the best value card - ASUS (non OC) TUF.
    Good to know. Don't really know about the improved versions, especially since i don't know how much uplift i can get from a possible 3080ti for supposedly 200/300 bucks more. More interesting will be to see how a 3070ti can keep up with the 3080 given it'll cost (again, speculations) 100 less.

Anyway, 3080 looks really the sweet spot of this generation. I expect stocks to be low all the time since people is gonna buy it everywhere.

Im just gonna wait for the 20GB version of the 3080 card comming

Guru3d nvidia preps rtx 3060 8gb-3070 16gb and rtx 3080 20gb graphics cardsl
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I just bought the 3080 MSI gaming X trio.. now they announce 20 GB versions or its rumoured, that's a fucking bummer.. -_-

NVIDIA, Y U DO DIS?!

Well if the price is gonna be 25% more, I wouldn't buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Man, I just bought the 3080 MSI gaming X trio.. now they announce 20 GB versions or its rumoured, that's a fucking bummer.. -_-

NVIDIA, Y U DO DIS?!

really? you really have to ask why nvidia does this?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    really? you really have to ask why nvidia does this?
    Yeah, dumb question I guess..

Yeah, dumb question I guess..
    chances are you can cancel/return your order. or resell it without loss (or even a profit) atm though. heard some local store say it might be months before they can fill all orders.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    chances are you can cancel/return your order. or resell it without loss (or even a profit) atm though. heard some local store say it might be months before they can fill all orders.
    True, but if it's going to be sold at 9-10k danish crowns, $1400-1500.. I'm not interested anyway.
    The 3080 cost me roughly $1000 with taxes and all that.

10+ Year Old Account

NVIDIA, Y U DO DIS?!

I mean, everyone and their mothers was screaming off the rooftops there will be a 20GB version of 3080. Not sure why the pikachuface.

You really think they'd stop at 10GB vRAM for their 4k card?

Here's another shocking revelation - we will have 3080Ti/Super early next year too, which will likely be very close to current 3090 at half the price.

You can bet they are binning their GPUs just for that and just waiting for red team to make its move to top it immediately.

---

My personal intent is to give it another half a year or so for 3080Ti/Super to appear and get that one and then good 4k IPS gsync monitor, until then I can certainly live with 1080Ti.

---

Edit: Oh, just in time - seems like there will be 3070Ti/Super for one.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...rds-confirmed/
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-23 at 09:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea gonna wait for the 3070 ti/super, I play at 1440p 144hz so it will be perfect for my needs. I can wait, my 1070 does throttle back since my cooler packed up (and the quick fix cpu coolers attached just dont cut it) but I will be patient and see what pricing does once all the cards are out and matched against radeon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Yea gonna wait for the 3070 ti/super, I play at 1440p 144hz so it will be perfect for my needs. I can wait, my 1070 does throttle back since my cooler packed up (and the quick fix cpu coolers attached just dont cut it) but I will be patient and see what pricing does once all the cards are out and matched against radeon.
    Yeah, it's all about how the 3070ti compares to the 3080 to me. 3080 is already a very good product so if 3070ti is basically comparable for less, it's a no brainer. If the Ti/Super are the ones with increased memory, no need to buy them, since 10GB is more than enough for everything up to 1440p.

Yeah, it's all about how the 3070ti compares to the 3080 to me. 3080 is already a very good product so if 3070ti is basically comparable for less, it's a no brainer. If the Ti/Super are the ones with increased memory, no need to buy them, since 10GB is more than enough for everything up to 1440p.
    I'd assume just like their previous generations, it'll be like 5% or so weaker for like $100 - $150 less. Definitely worth it if you want Nvidia GPUs, and the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'd assume just like their previous generations, it'll be like 5% or so weaker for like $100 - $150 less. Definitely worth it if you want Nvidia GPUs, and the wait.
    I was going to wait anyway, the launch is always a "paper" one, i want to see prices to really settle at a decent amount and not 700MSRP + 200 because shortage. Ideally i'm gonna buy mine for xmas or next february for bday. If i get a 3080, i know already i'll be satisfied.

I was going to wait anyway, the launch is always a "paper" one, i want to see prices to really settle at a decent amount and not 700MSRP + 200 because shortage. Ideally i'm gonna buy mine for xmas or next february for bday. If i get a 3080, i know already i'll be satisfied.
    I think that's a pretty big ideal at this point - since the paper launch was obviously meant to gauge interest and produce hype. Now we're gonna really see the true costs of their GPUs, when it's the real launch. Miners, scalpers, and normal users are going to be buying it in droves and that price is probably gonna go up pretty high due to the demand. Obviously if this doesn't last long that's no big deal.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen to AMD - as a miner craze usually means 6+ months of inflated GPU prices.

Part of Nvidia's play is to have the base 3080 in very low quantities compared to demand so they can release a more expensive version with 20GB after AMD releases their RNDA 2.0 cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently a lot of AIB models of the 3080 are crashing once they hit boost clocks over 2.0 GHZ...

WOOPS.

This is possibly driver issues but its sounding like the chips are just bad past 2 ghz since undervolting seems to fix the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea the 3080 looks very tempting, but if the 3070ti/super gets close enough in performance I would rather shoot for it, it will have more memory (16GB) but slower (GDDR6 instead of GDDR6X) so it will balance out more or less. The probability of getting a 3070ti/super will be much higher then getting a 3080 since most people will either already have a 3080 or will be aiming for the 3080ti/super, so it should not be the same situation as with the 3080 release.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Apparently a lot of AIB models of the 3080 are crashing once they hit boost clocks over 2.0 GHZ...

WOOPS.

This is possibly driver issues but its sounding like the chips are just bad past 2 ghz since undervolting seems to fix the issue.
    Not good at all. I'll wait to see more about this, but i honestly was going to undervolt the card anyway XD GN did a couple OC streams and didn't have this issue, but they could have been binned cards for what we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea the 3080 looks very tempting, but if the 3070ti/super gets close enough in performance I would rather shoot for it, it will have more memory (16GB) but slower (GDDR6 instead of GDDR6X) so it will balance out more or less. The probability of getting a 3070ti/super will be much higher then getting a 3080 since most people will either already have a 3080 or will be aiming for the 3080ti/super, so it should not be the same situation as with the 3080 release.
    Also, with 3070/ti many people will settle for that and 3080 while being less produced will be less requested overall. Basically, waiting is just the best bet right now.

The probability of getting a 3070ti/super will be much higher then getting a 3080 since most people will either already have a 3080 or will be aiming for the 3080ti/super, so it should not be the same situation as with the 3080 release.
    lol

In what universe most people have 700$+ graphic card.

Last time I checked 2080, 2080s and 2080 ti had 5.5% proportion combined in steam survey.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-09-24 at 07:23 AM.

Basically, waiting is just the best bet right now.
    I don't know if it has ever not been. Even if there is supply, you are effectively beta testing the drivers the first few months of each new architecture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    lol

In what universe most people have 700$+ graphic card.
    In the RTX universe. Just buy it!