Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You can still do that though, why would the existance of LFG hinder you doing any of that?
    Mankind always seeks the simplest way through.
    You could comb through chat, find people, try to forge these organic friendships and build a good core.
    But, if there's a window where I can click 'Apply' to the one I want, that saves a lot of legwork.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the LFG tool is ONLY garbage, far from it.

I haven't used LFG much since maybe early Legion (outside of world bosses, which require zero communication ofc), but I have found some really good groups, good runs, and we would string together several dungeons.
    Just like I've had some really good random pickup games of basketball, but, on average, I have a better time in the long run with a group with whom I am familiar.
    Anecdotal, sure, but the sentiment seems to be shared among others.
    But the poor experiences, whether they be easier to remember, just seem more aplenty.

Basically: If you enlist in LFG, the trolls and the garbage runs that *could* happen is probably more likely than a pre-made group of known people, is all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its simple, the less brain u have the more antisozial skills u have, they are just plain stupid thats it

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    1) Please don’t make these vent threads. I understand your frustration but the forum gets very cluttered if everybody makes a thread everytime they are mad about something in the game. There are already multiple threads about toxic people in M+.
    I legit thought that was the sole purpose of this forum. All I see are people whining or talking about their useless opinions. Sometimes there's a discussion about the game but those are pretty rare.

Funny story related to M+ griefing:

I love tanking M+ and have one of all tank classes (except warrior) that I do at least a weekly +15 on. One day I decided to I play one of my lower ilvl/io tank chars that I was trying to gear up. It was early morning and I was trying to get a run in before work. I applied for a +12 FH but the leader declined me even though I had a higher ilvl and io than him. I don’t know why he was so picky since tanks are hard to come by, and it was an off time of day, but for some reason it triggered me.

Out of spite, and since I didn’t have much time left before work anyway, i decided to grief the guy. I logged on to my main and applied to that same group. I was instantly invited and summoned to the instance. As soon as the leader put in the key and we started the run, I pulled all the first few packs using minimal abilities and aoe so that the dps pulled aggro and died. I then left the instance and logged out. I then logged onto my next highest ilvl/io tank and applied to the same group, this time as a +11. I did the same thing as before, killing the guy’s key a second time. I then logged onto one of my other tanks and again applied to the group, now for a +10. By now all the dps were like “man what’s up with all the tanks leaving this morning?” We began the M+ run and I promptly alt f+4’d to close the game.

I don’t know if the leader tried to do his key as a +9, or if the other dps/healer stayed in the group after that. All I know is I felt better about sticking it to an ilvl/io elitist and I chuckled the entire drive to work.

I hate the timed part of M+ I love that the mobs are harder just wish bosses dropped Loot like they are supposed to and that it was not tied to a chest that may or may not happen in the end. I want to play harder, but without the time constraint, so I avoid M+ because I hate being rushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are people who weren't loved as children.
    Putin khuliyo

At this point in the games life span you are getting the worst players available.
    The good people are all nice and comfy in their guilds with static groups, they laugh at the idea of pugging with Russians.

So a friend of mine gets angry when they grief his key. So he joins other keys and immediately leaves after they start, does it for 1-3 times to vent off depending on his mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You're so cute thinking anyone will get banned for this
    if all this guy does, is ruin peoples m+ when he's online, massive reports will get blizz to warn him atleast.

What's more realistic is that someone said something stupid, probably about his dps or his transmog, and he decided to sperg out and ruing the run for everyone. I don't know that "players enjoy ruining m+ runs". But if that was the case, i'm sure blizzard would step in if it was eggregious enough.

Nobody is getting banned for failing a mythic + run, or 2, or 20. But if you get 20+ reports a day on this guy, they will react.

edit: Also, wether he gets a warning or not, shouldn't matter to you, just report and forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    In any key below at least a 10, you're sometimes going to find really weird people and a massive range of player competency. While what you wrote can be seen as griefing, honestly it could also be a person who has no idea how dungeons work or what a tank is. A long time ago, I remember a guy AFKing in a +7 Atal to eat his lunch. He afk'd after dying to Rezan and came back in the middle of Priestess. I really don't think he was making it up either, he just didn't think it mattered. Ilvl has not been hard to come by for long time in WoW, so players like this can easily find their way into a group for content they are in no way prepared for, unless you use an external source to evaluate them like r.io.

polish people do be weird sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    No, it isn't "griefing".
    First of all Blizzard does not use or recognize the term "griefing". You won't find it anywhere in the in-game policy. Yes, Blizzard uses the term "griefing". I was wrong.
    Secondly leaving a group, for any reason whatsoever, is fully within the right of a player, as well as it is the right to kick a player for any reason whatsoever.
    Let me quote you Blizzard's in-game policy:

"Player Left Mythic Dungeon Before completing
    Updated: 2 months ago
    Article ID: 117469
    Relevant Products:
    Common Problems

Group wiped while doing a mythic plus and the player we invited to our group left
    I just started a mythic plus run and a member left

Customer Support does not upgrade, restore, or create keystones. Running the dungeon again with the downgraded keystone will award a new upgraded keystone, as long as finished within the time limit."

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/117469

Combine that with Blizzard's policy on removing/kicking players:
    "Groups are empowered to manage their own members through the vote-kick system. If the majority of the group feels a player should be removed, they can initiate a vote-kick to remove them. The system is entirely under the control of our players. Players may choose to remove any other player from the group for any reason, provided the vote to kick passes.

Note: Groups formed outside of the queue system (Guild Runs, Mythic +, etc.) will not utilize the vote-kick system. Instead those groups will have one party leader that controls who gets invited or removed."

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/52363

What can we conclude from the articles:
    As long as you don't use language banned by Blizzard, then you can do what the hell you want in a dungeon group: Kick, remove or leave.
    So leaving a group or kicking someone is not considered "griefing" by Blizzard.

To the OP:
    If you really think that players from certain servers/countries are worse than others then why the hell do you invite them?
    I would never invite anyone from the Italian or Spanish server(s). Complaining won't get you anywhere. Stop inviting people that lessen you in-game experience.
    Leaving is not griefing. trying to get dead on purpose, as the OP says, is griefing.

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.)

In this context, i believe it fits perfectly under all three - griefing, throwing, and feeding. Now i realise feeding is more commonly used in games such as LoL and even OW, but it is the act of "being killed repeatedly", and throwing is as the name suggests, intentionally losing.

It does indeed sound like a blog post, rather than something for everyone to be concerned about.

Once you build your RIO resume, your circle of friends will expand, thus giving you an opportunity to play with people that you know. This however only applies if you are a consistent keystone player.

Otherwise you can start with looking up "mythic plus" communities, using in-game "community finder."

Quote Originally Posted by Plogdropper View Post
    Funny story related to M+ griefing:

I don’t know if the leader tried to do his key as a +9, or if the other dps/healer stayed in the group after that. All I know is I felt better about sticking it to an ilvl/io elitist and I chuckled the entire drive to work.
    Firstly, your story is in no way funny, its more pathetic and sad.

Also, I dont believe your story and feel like it some twisted fantasy thing you want to do. the timing of your story makes no sense.

either way this speaks more to what sort of person you are than the leader. anyone that would go to that much effort to get back at someone and waste the time of many others for something as benign as not getting invite, is just sicko. grats on accomplishment and giggling about it on your way to work
    Last edited by Thzz; 2020-09-24 at 07:55 AM.

Experience has taught me in the rare cases I pug, to avoid inviting from that certain European country. I know great players and friends from it, but there is a big majority in LFG that are having their kicks from ruining other people's time.

I totally read running instead of ruining.

Some people just want to grief others .. be it ganking, killing quest npc's, ruining m+ or whatever.

Report and ignore them and move on. You'll encounter some of these everywhere.

The ultimate grief = inviting warlocks to M+

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    The ultimate grief = inviting warlocks to M+
    yeah, sick and twisted. don't give them hope.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    eastern european
    I have a simple rule if you are "from that country" I won't invite you no matter what.
    They are by far worse people in random groups from my experience.
    Last edited by dudurududu; 2020-09-25 at 11:48 AM. Reason: i guess noone is saying which country it is, so i wont either.

Best thing to do is find a group of people who you enjoy running with and they enjoy running with you. Best place for that is probably a guild. maybe a mythic + community. Right now is the best time to find a guild. A lot of them recruiting right now for shadowlands.