Thread: SL Arena

SL Arena

What new comps are you looking forward to trying now that we not a little bit more about covenant abilities and specs?

What specs are looking forward to playing?

5+ Year Old Account
    Way too early for that. Everything can change with tuning and/or mechanical changes.

But I'll humor you and say Affliction Lock. It looks good right now.

way too early for that

is it still too early?

really excited for sub rogue

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    really excited for sub rogue
    Me too but first ... I will have to go with assassination necrolord just to see what happens to the target's health after applying this opener:

Cheap Shot > Serrated Bone Spike > Garrote > Rupture > MfD > Kidney / internal bleeding > exsanguinate

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Me too but first ... I will have to go with assassination necrolord just to see what happens to the target's health after applying this opener:

Cheap Shot > Serrated Bone Spike > Garrote > Rupture > MfD > Kidney / internal bleeding > exsanguinate
    I'll take a wild guess.

In Arena --> not that much happens.
    In open world PvP --> nerf happens.

I may be totally wrong, it's just a wild guess :P

I plan to play WMD and RMP. Ya, I am a boring boomer who prefers the way things used to be over change

DH/Arcane Mage/rdruid? looks promising.

3+ Year Old Account
    Im excited to play some Spriest / aff again!

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Im excited to play some Spriest / aff again!
    spriest/destro lock was exciting, too with those corruption sheningans, saw some awesome streams of 2.6k+ players in 2s doing just that.

Not sure, if only a dot comb is that, good, there are classes and even racials that just remove all dots at once, some hard hitting big punch in a form of a sick CB should be allways required for that killing blow?

currently, many classes and specs do well in beta pvp, but that could also mean, pvp was not tuned yet, some stuff simply seems too strong to have a place on actual live pvp servers, if you read some stuff, like endurance conduits of rogues, ww monks and warriors it sounds too good to be true, i expect like a 50% nerf on all of that when in pvp.

i guess, arcane mage with shadow priest could work quite well, too.

But yeah, nothing seems tuned right now and i expect plenty of tuning once arenas are availible in SL.

Very interested to find out how Resonating Arrow will play out in arenas. Generally just hoping for MM to be more viable.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    spriest/destro lock was exciting, too with those corruption sheningans, saw some awesome streams of 2.6k+ players in 2s doing just that.

Not sure, if only a dot comb is that, good, there are classes and even racials that just remove all dots at once, some hard hitting big punch in a form of a sick CB should be allways required for that killing blow?

currently, many classes and specs do well in beta pvp, but that could also mean, pvp was not tuned yet, some stuff simply seems too strong to have a place on actual live pvp servers, if you read some stuff, like endurance conduits of rogues, ww monks and warriors it sounds too good to be true, i expect like a 50% nerf on all of that when in pvp.

i guess, arcane mage with shadow priest could work quite well, too.

But yeah, nothing seems tuned right now and i expect plenty of tuning once arenas are availible in SL.
    Spriest / Affy works great currently on beta and has worked well in the past when both specs are in decent places. As of now they both have some great burst and don't solely rely on dots. Also, spriests can put up the dots just as fast as they can be taken off, right now. It will prob be pretty damp though.

The only thing ive seen so far that is absolutely ridiculous on beta is subtelty rogue. Windwalker is pretty bad too, i guess..Ele sham can randomly delete you. Warrior is Dog. Idk why you even mentioned that.

Ele / Spriest might be pretty decent.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-21 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teradyn View Post
    Very interested to find out how Resonating Arrow will play out in arenas. Generally just hoping for MM to be more viable.
    I hope so mate. MM needs its day in the sun. It has been my favorite spec since WotLK. Unfortunately it was a dead spec in BFA. Can't wait to play it.

Warrior is Dog. Idk why you even mentioned that.
    Maybe go watch some SL wargames with warriors, i saw an arms warrior healing more than a DK... yes, ARMS.

Also Rets can execute on range and take away 50% of your hp from full HP.

Its not just about sub rogues, spriests and arcane mages. Everything is too strong.

There is absolutely no tuning at all in place, that won't go into a live into an actual arena season.(well...mostly...beta will extend into live servers as usual i bet)

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe go watch some SL wargames with warriors, i saw an arms warrior healing more than a DK... yes, ARMS.

Also Rets can execute on range and take away 50% of your hp from full HP.

Its not just about sub rogues, spriests and arcane mages. Everything is too strong.

There is absolutely no tuning at all in place, that won't go into a live into an actual arena season.(well...mostly...beta will extend into live servers as usual i bet)
    I dont have to watch it. Ive played beta every day for the last 2 months. lol.

Warriors get dook'd on by pretty much everything. Spriest isnt really that strong. In the hands of a good spriest player, sure its good, but certainly not overpowered.

There are definitely other classes that deserve balancing attention ahead of the classes you listed.

"Its not just about sub rogues, spriests and arcane mages. Everything is too strong." -- Thank god. That's when WoW is at its best - when EVERY class FEELS op. I hope it stays the way it is honestly.

Also, do your best to remember that what you currently see on beta with gear being scaled to 213 in arena and people having full access to soulbinds and legendaries is not what youre going to see on release. It's going to take weeks for people to obtain everything we have on beta. Current beta gemplay is not indicative of what you will see weeks 1-6 of arena. There is plenty of time to balance.

If anything needs to be fixes, its Disc Priest. Hopping around the arena, right in everyone's faces, taking no damage, keeping their team alive without casting.. THAT, my friend, is balance.

just for fun, lets see if i get this correct. Are you a DH player? More specifically, a DH player that has gotten glad in BFA?
    My second guess is a destro lock.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-22 at 12:39 PM.

On paper, Arm Warrior look like the most overpowered spec in Shadowlands.

How can it be weak? Low output?

just for fun, lets see if i get this correct. Are you a DH player? More specifically, a DH player that has gotten glad in BFA?
    My second guess is a destro lock.
    Preferably both? You forgot mage & rogue. I mained 4. I do my best to main only classes in pvp that people really find annoying or even hate. its fun, and i do this since TBC era.

DH and Destros are your friends? how about holy paladins and their corruption shenigans with Ineffable Truth? Or in general, how about most healers in 8.3.? And why do they offer carries to glad for gold in lfg, every day, because poor fotm dds hurt them much?

I confess, my only regret in bfa pvp was, to not main a healer.

If, there won't be any drastic nerfs, i actually did consider indeed playing disc. But since unfortunately he seems a bit on the op side on things in beta, he easily will be a target of huge nerfs, so its risky to choose him, thats coming from a sub rogue main witnessing huge nerfs in both, early legion and early bfa, making a spec basicly non-competitive with its alternatives.

let me ask you something, too.

You werent around in TBC when arena launched? The modern fotm dds are tame in comparission, the healers were much, much weaker they had no endless cc, mobility and in some cases even dmg. affliction locks aka SL/SL and i mained him in TBC, were actual really powerful, not many classes had that kind of cc, dmg, tankiness and drain mana on top of it, while not many classes could defend against hard ticking dots.

Thats why i am not convienced by any means, that affliction will really trump over destro in SL, there is too much counterplay to it, in modern wow and tankiness no longer an exclusive to make a rot mechanic even work, because it will be tuned to be in line with other classes, classes with have huge burst with no ramp up.

And finally what about this affliction pvp beta feedback?

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...eedback/180695

As i said before, if affliction is not tanky it cannot perform well. That lock players wrote spriests are all that and more, but there was no pvp tuning in beta so far, there is a real possiblity that only burst classes will reign supreme in early SL and thats the bottom line.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-09-23 at 02:53 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Preferably both? You forgot mage & rogue. I mained 4. I do my best to main only classes in pvp that people really find annoying or even hate. its fun, and i do this since TBC era.

DH and Destros are your friends? how about holy paladins and their corruption shenigans with Ineffable Truth? Or in general, how about most healers in 8.3.? And why do they offer carries to glad for gold in lfg, every day, because poor fotm dds hurt them much?

I confess, my only regret in bfa pvp was, to not main a healer.

If, there won't be any drastic nerfs, i actually did consider indeed playing disc. But since unfortunately he seems a bit on the op side on things in beta, he easily will be a target of huge nerfs, so its risky to choose him, thats coming from a sub rogue main witnessing huge nerfs in both, early legion and early bfa, making a spec basicly non-competitive with its alternatives.

let me ask you something, too.

You werent around in TBC when arena launched? The modern fotm dds are tame in comparission, the healers were much, much weaker they had no endless cc, mobility and in some cases even dmg. affliction locks aka SL/SL and i mained him in TBC, were actual really powerful, not many classes had that kind of cc, dmg, tankiness and drain mana on top of it, while not many classes could defend against hard ticking dots.

Thats why i am not convienced by any means, that affliction will really trump over destro in SL, there is too much counterplay to it, in modern wow and tankiness no longer an exclusive to make a rot mechanic even work, because it will be tuned to be in line with other classes, classes with have huge burst with no ramp up.

And finally what about this affliction pvp beta feedback?

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...eedback/180695

As i said before, if affliction is not tanky it cannot perform well. That lock players wrote spriests are all that and more, but there was no pvp tuning in beta so far, there is a real possiblity that only burst classes will reign supreme in early SL and thats the bottom line.
    wth are you even arguing man? In that wall of text i barely even understood any points.

You're arguing with me about whether or not Affliction locks may or may not be good in arena during shadowlands because i said i would enjoy being able to play shadowplay again? like... wot?

I did play in BC. Glad in all 4 seasons with an almost rank1 in season 3. However, im not sure why thats relevant... like... at all?

From my experience on Beta, Rdruid shadowplay has both been very fun and really good. Im not looking to Fotm. I'm not looking to play the most OP thing there is.

Ive beaten most recently meta comps with good players on beta with shadowplay.

Assuming these iterations of the classes go live, shadowplay will be a top tier comp. There is no doubt in my mind. Affy gives spriest the dispel protection it needs and has pretty decent damage coming off of it as well. Spriests currently have burst. very good burst. As long as that doesnt change, shadowplay is almost played like MOP "god comp" / "shatterplay" in shadowlands except the lo0ck takes the role of the priest in god comp and the spriest takes the role of the mage.

As i said in my first post, shadowplay has always been one of my favorite comps. Wizard metas in general are always fun to me. Im excited for the first season of shadowlands.

Worst case scenario, instead of playing shadowplay, i play Ele / spriest or RPS. lol
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-23 at 06:13 PM.

As i said in my first post, shadowplay has always been one of my favorite comps. Wizard metas in general are always fun to me. Im excited for the first season of shadowlands.

Worst case scenario, instead of playing shadowplay, i play Ele / spriest or RPS. lol

Shocker, skillcapped just updated their pvp caster tier list and now ele, spriest AND affliction lock are S tier!

Gotta pray that won't change any time soon.

3+ Year Old Account

Shocker, skillcapped just updated their pvp caster tier list and now ele, spriest AND affliction lock are S tier!

Gotta pray that won't change any time soon.
    You mean that what ive been debating with this dude about for the last 3 days ACTUALLY is the case? Someone who ACTUALLY plays beta trying to tell someone what is good? How shocking indeeed.

Now, lets hope that with tuning, we dont just get to sent to neverplayed land.