Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the didnt have current means of preventing crimes and finding culprits.
    Irrelevant given that we're talking about the consequences. No matter how harsh the punishments were in the past, history has shown us that people still committed the crimes. The US is already notorious for doling out harsh sentences for minor crimes leading to high incarceration rates. We have the death penalty in many states and people still commit murder in those states. Even though your head is in the wrong place, you do touch on the pivotal point. Likelihood of getting caught is what really matters, not the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    People who happen to believe death sentence is never justified, tend to find all sorts of justifications for killing unborn babies. I think their opinion is invalid.

Lets bring back guilliotines.
    I always find it funny that fundamentalists only care about human life when it is still in uterus. After that its survival of the fitest or some other bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the didnt have current means of preventing crimes and finding culprits.

tbh i would start from simple things - like implementing the same "social credit" system like China has and its working very well already there and then go from there to have more severe punishements for crimes.
    I am not surprised that you support totalitarian attempts at controling the population. I just hope that when it inevitably happens, you will be the first victim.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2020-09-23 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I always find it funny that fundamentalists only care about human life when it is still in uterus. After that its survival of the fitest or some other bullshit.
    I really can't understand how the enlightened people are willing to defend the right of most heinous criminals to live, while they are perfectly capable of supporting the murder in innocent children. Must be those backward ways of mine, since I grew up believeing that evil, wicked, and guilty of crimes must be punished, while the innocent must be protected. Seems to be the other way around in the batty new world.

What can I say. Some people want pedophiles, murderes and rapists for neighbours, some people want to see them dead. To each their own.

What can I say. Some people want pedophiles, murderes and rapists for neighbours, some people want to see them dead. To each their own.
    Then why are you voting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Then why are you voting for them.
    What?
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    You have to make a point first. You don't seem to understand that no one forced these people to commit crimes.
    Do you have a point? And that latter part of often entirely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I really can't understand how the enlightened people are willing to defend the right of most heinous criminals to live, while they are perfectly capable of supporting the murder in innocent children. Must be those backward ways of mine, since I grew up believeing that evil, wicked, and guilty of crimes must be punished, while the innocent must be protected. Seems to be the other way around in the batty new world.

Who supports "murder of children"?????? when you've come back to reality you may want to idk... consider what you're saying because it is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

What?
    /10chars
    They're probably referring to your racist posts and support of white nationalist terrorists Shall I quote you and link you to your own posts? It is clear you are one of those far right-wing supporters where rape by your side is a-okay. grab them by the pussy they just let cha! right.

We have gems from you such as:

Woke diversity revisionist agenda is killing the cinema/tv.
    Worthless racist musings. Goodbye. The only revisionist there and here is you right now. It is a theme among the right. History is flexible to you lot.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-09-23 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    People who happen to believe death sentence is never justified, tend to find all sorts of justifications for killing unborn babies. I think their opinion is invalid.

Lets bring back guilliotines.
    I do feel like fascists deserve, but that does not mean im comfortable with the gov having that kind of power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    I do feel like fascists deserve, but that does not mean im comfortable with the gov having that kind of power.
    What is your general criteria for deciding who deserves to live and who deserves to be killed? In the absence of a good criteria you could say that anybody who follows a different ideology than you deserves to be killed.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-23 at 03:20 PM.

Well of course you can't understand them. The fact that you can't tell the difference between children and fetuses already shows you don't quite have the mental acuity for this kind of discussion. Despite what your twisted mind might think, it isn't a competition to determine who needs to be killed. No one who is pro-choice relishes the idea of abortions, but on the flip side we have sadists like yourself and others in this thread who champion the barbaric ways of past times in order to satiate their desire for punishment and bloodshed. The irony is that you probably think you have some moral high ground despite very openly WANTING to see people dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    These scenarios don't really exist. The prosecutor will argue it's open and shut. The defense attorney will argue that the evidence in the case is weak. Someone will have to make a decision, the decision will be based on their flawed assumptions. The appeals process exists in an effort to get to what you're describing, and it's hideously expensive and convoluted because life isn't simple.
    How about the Cheshire Home invasion (just picking one close to home for me)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshi...vasion_murders

These two broke into a family home, bound all 4 members of the household, took the mother to the bank to withdraw money, then beat the father to within an inch of his life, while raping the mother and two children (17 & 12), before strangling the mother and binding the two daughters to their beds, where they were doused in gasoline and burned alive.

The two murderers were caught fleeing the premises in the family vehicle a block away. They confessed to the crimes, their prints were found on scene, their DMA was found in all 3 women, and the father positively ID’d them. These two should have been executed the same day they were found guilty.

I’m sure there are many more, but it’s cases like these where there is zero doubt, where the death penalty should apply, and it should be immediate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    So like 0,00001% of the cases? makes sense.
    Yes. The ones where there is 0% chance the guy didn't do it. Not "beyond a reasonable doubt", but "beyond all doubt".
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalbagff View Post
    You see it only as revenge but I don't see it that way.
    They deserve to die for the terrible crime they committed
    That's quite literally what revenge is.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think murder and rape are barbaric and horrible. The difference between those and a death sentence for the monster who did it is they had a choice. Tbeir victims did not.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    How about the Cheshire Home invasion (just picking one close to home for me)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshi...vasion_murders

-snip-
    even in this case its not as cut-and-dried as you make it seem. both confessed to the murders and the evidence leaves no doubt they did it, but both argued that the other one escalated the violence. but stated that they themselves didnt want to kill anybody, but the other one escalated further and further.
    another point is that, at least one of the welcomed the death penalty, because he felt that life in prison was worse for him than death. doesnt that defeat the whole idea of capital punishment, if the convict feels hes "getting of easy" by dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    Who?
    The framers of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    And wtf is eight amendment?
    It's the one that forbids cruel and unusual punishment. So we can have...like...a civilized nation where we let the rule of law guide our justice system instead of vengeance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    This like abortions is a hard topic for me to discuss.

I truly understand the arguments on both sides and i agree with the arguments on both sides but if someone killed someone i loved the vengeance inside me would prolly rage so hard that i would easily be able to perform as executioner.
    This is exactly why it should be abolished. Not to single you out, of course, but because even the best of us will think first of vengeance when it affects us personally.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    even in this case its not as cut-and-dried as you make it seem. both confessed to the murders and the evidence leaves no doubt they did it, but both argued that the other one escalated the violence. but stated that they themselves didnt want to kill anybody, but the other one escalated further and further.
    another point is that, at least one of the welcomed the death penalty, because he felt that life in prison was worse for him than death. doesnt that defeat the whole idea of capital punishment, if the convict feels hes "getting of easy" by dying?
    If one person feels murder shouldn’t be illegal isn’t that proof enough that it should be legal to murder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i 100% fully support the death penalty. deal with it.
    But not for Draenei. Draenei don't deserve a death penalty because they're so awesome.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But not for Draenei. Draenei don't deserve a death penalty because they're so awesome.
    draenei deserve the worst fate imaginable. a longer more crueler death. they are evil foul beasts.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    My point was actually about saving the money. People (rightly) claiming that executing someone is more expensive than life in prison. My whole point is that it doesn't need to be. When people are guilty of a capitol crime with the criteria that I included, there's no need for the neverending appeals process. Just take care of it right away.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    My point was actually about saving the money. People (rightly) claiming that executing someone is more expensive than life in prison. My whole point is that it doesn't need to be. When people are guilty of a capitol crime with the criteria that I included, there's no need for the neverending appeals process. Just take care of it right away.
    you need something so innocent people don't end up dead.there are numerous cases of police departments rushing to get someone ANYONE who seems a strong enough suspect so the town can feel 'safe' even if the person is innocent. it was especially prevalent in the 40's 50's 60's and 70's when a lot of police departments were often under a lot of pressure in high profile cases and would rather have something to show for it than nothing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I like how we associate the cleanest looking method with the most humane. The most humane is probably a firing squad cause it’s very fast. That or guillotine. Pretty much instant death.