Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    ah this must be a trader thing then because I don't get any where near this value out of even red maps but i also pretty much never sell any thing.
    Whenever you sell or buy things doesn't really matter as those things such as map drops has value. = ability to sustain and run more maps
    Making 28% qual weapon/armor has value = more defense/dps
    Being able to double corrupt items or gems has value = chance for 21 gem
    Upgrading breachstones = more xp better drops
    White sockets = easier managing skill gems
    Sirus drops like awakened gems = again more dps

Everything in maps has value. Even in SSF.

Whereas heist is just some raw currency and items drops that overall has less value.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-09-23 at 01:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Whenever you sell or buy things doesn't really matter as those things such as map drops has value. = ability to sustain and run more maps
    Making 28% qual weapon/armor has value = more defense/dps
    Being able to double corrupt items or gems has value = chance for 21 gem
    Upgrading breachstones = more xp better drops
    White sockets = easier managing skill gems
    Sirus drops like awakened gems = again more dps

Everything in maps has value. Even in SSF.

Whereas heist is just some raw currency and items drops that overall has less value.
    Mabye that’s how it works in theory/for the lucky but in my experience there is way to many layers of rng to actually count on any of those other then Sirus/map drops.

While of course heist is still a lot of rng it seems to throw rare and useful things at you a lot quickly, but that may just be my awful luck on getting master missions to give the outcome I need with things like not getting hillock in the branch I need after a ton of maps because the multiple layers of rng just don’t want to have him show up in the right
    Spots with the right options.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Mabye that’s how it works in theory/for the lucky but in my experience there is way to many layers of rng to actually count on any of those other then Sirus/map drops.

While of course heist is still a lot of rng it seems to throw rare and useful things at you a lot quickly, but that may just be my awful luck on getting master missions to give the outcome I need with things like not getting hillock in the branch I need after a ton of maps because the multiple layers of rng just don’t want to have him show up in the right
    Spots with the right options.
    There are special tactics for betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support
    Numerous threads right now.

Also i never said my cases are representative of everyone. But Bex has confirmed on reddit that Abyss is frequently breaking, some skill gems have broken tags, and grand heists are crashing at the last door.

This isn't confirmation bias, this is using evidence given to us. Hell, Bex said 10 hours ago that they will have a post soonish to discuss more upcoming fixes. This league has somehow managed to break systems that have been in place for years.

As for @kaminaris and citing streamers, Quinn yesterday could not open last door of grand heist, thus losing potential chase rewards (as crap as they are) due to a commonly occuring bug.
    Iv been playing non stop since heist release and iv seen the abyss bug maybe twice heist never crashes or fucks up for me idk felt really smooth for me this release. Seen way worse launches then this.

Thinking about going back to Spellslinger. This Crack Lance is kinda meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thinking about going back to Spellslinger. This Crack Lance is kinda meh.
    It got hit pretty hard. My brothers spellslinger from last league was pretty much wrecked. I think he mentioned he spent some time trying to unfuck the character but was unsuccessful.

And I'm beyond disappointed to read that Crackling Lance is underwhelming as hell and not really worth building around. Outside of Void Orb or whatever it was the most fun looking ability for me out of the new ones, but hearing about how bad it is doesn't even make me want to try building around it : /

God I wish Void Sphere was a skill you could actually build around >< why did they have to take a cool skill like that and make it a cc support skill.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Mabye I’m disconnected from playing builds that progress faster then shield throw but at this point I’ve made more league items from heist then I have from any other league this far in.
    I’ve got.
    More catalyst.
    More blighted maps and oils.
    More fossils.
    More delirium orbs and cluster jewels.
    More inculcators.
    Waaaay more vailed items.
    More breach splinters

The only thing I seem to not be getting more of is legion splinters and influenced items. If I didn’t want to fight bosses I could see my self just ignoring mapping all together. Though I do wish they didn’t cowtow and butcher kills giving alert the way they did.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-09-25 at 04:49 AM.

This is a loot rich league though. Heisting is lucrative if tedious at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It got hit pretty hard. My brothers spellslinger from last league was pretty much wrecked. I think he mentioned he spent some time trying to unfuck the character but was unsuccessful.

And I'm beyond disappointed to read that Crackling Lance is underwhelming as hell and not really worth building around. Outside of Void Orb or whatever it was the most fun looking ability for me out of the new ones, but hearing about how bad it is doesn't even make me want to try building around it : /
    None of the new skills are good, which is a first for a league to my recollection.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    None of the new skills are good, which is a first for a league to my recollection.
    I'm considering dicking around with a CrackLance on an Inquisitor that I can turn into an Arc character once CrackLance tops out. I hate so much about how GGG continues to design the game, but the core gameplay is still so damned good.

Tried a heist on a low level character...managing NPC's in that zone seems annoying. Glad you can just kill things without raising the alarm now, because trying to "stealth" around them straight up doesn't work. Door chokepoints remain pretty darned silly as hell conceptually, but at least they fixed one-shotting.

I'll dick around more, but overall I seem to still have the same problem with this league that I did with Harvest - too much additional nonsense. Gimme more leagues like Legion or Invasion where the majority of the mechanic is, "Kill lots more dudes/kill big dudes" and we don't have to run around dealing with tedious maintenance and other stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm considering dicking around with a CrackLance on an Inquisitor that I can turn into an Arc character once CrackLance tops out. I hate so much about how GGG continues to design the game, but the core gameplay is still so damned good.

Tried a heist on a low level character...managing NPC's in that zone seems annoying. Glad you can just kill things without raising the alarm now, because trying to "stealth" around them straight up doesn't work. Door chokepoints remain pretty darned silly as hell conceptually, but at least they fixed one-shotting.

I'll dick around more, but overall I seem to still have the same problem with this league that I did with Harvest - too much additional nonsense. Gimme more leagues like Legion or Invasion where the majority of the mechanic is, "Kill lots more dudes/kill big dudes" and we don't have to run around dealing with tedious maintenance and other stuff.
    The npcs can be pretty much ignored at this point with all the alert nerfs. Just level them up by doing heist then just take who ever you want.

Of course you’d get more loot by decking them out with good gear in every slot but it’s really not needed unless you really want to mix max.

This is it totally. I don't mind the occasional mechanical shakeup, but too often GGG overly complicates or inflatess mechanisms in this game. The greatest strength of POE/GGG is how complicated everything is; this is also the biggest weakness.

I'll play lesser ARPGs like Wolcen or Inquisitor from time to time just for a tedium break. Not because I necessarily think Wolcen, Grim Dawn, Inquisitor are more fun games in the genre. They certainly do not bog me down in 19 different types of currencies and 9 upgrade paths for each for a chance at a random thing I can combine 6 of for a chance at another random thing that comes in 42 flavors of the same endgame goal since closed beta.

Bros. Chill the fuck out.

Ive only been playing a few hours here and there and got a character to about lvl 40 so ive not done too much of the Heist stuff.
    Did they do anything about the whole having to skip half the loot thing to make sure you dont fill out the alert bar?

Not played in the last couple days but seen mentions of stuff being changed.

I agree the best leagues are imo the ones that just happen as you play maps. Incursion was fine because the part that was separate from mapping (temple) was only active from time to time, same with Safehouses from betrayal.

Delirium looked to meet that but got stuck with bad visuals, and to much need for zoom so you then had to backtrack throughout the map to pick things up at the end ><
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Ive only been playing a few hours here and there and got a character to about lvl 40 so ive not done too much of the Heist stuff.
    Did they do anything about the whole having to skip half the loot thing to make sure you dont fill out the alert bar?

Not played in the last couple days but seen mentions of stuff being changed.
    In a nutshell, chests are the main sources of alert buildup. Loot what you can while giving yourself room to succeed the heist.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is it totally. I don't mind the occasional mechanical shakeup, but too often GGG overly complicates or inflatess mechanisms in this game. The greatest strength of POE/GGG is how complicated everything is; this is also the biggest weakness.

I'll play lesser ARPGs like Wolcen or Inquisitor from time to time just for a tedium break. Not because I necessarily think Wolcen, Grim Dawn, Inquisitor are more fun games in the genre. They certainly do not bog me down in 19 different types of currencies and 9 upgrade paths for each for a chance at a random thing I can combine 6 of for a chance at another random thing that comes in 42 flavors of the same endgame goal since closed beta.

Bros. Chill the fuck out.
    I don't agree. I wish PoE would be at least twice as much complex as it currently is. It is the complexity and long discovery process that makes it fun. Its always the discovery process. The moment you know everything it the moment it becomes boring.

And I absolutely dont mind having alternative progression to maps as they are getting boring too. The problem is heist after nerf is not really alternative as it's not even close to being competitive currency (and thus power progression) path.

I think people have been sleeping on/not respecting the new Discharge especially with Chieftain. Since I was sort of toying with the idea of a Fireball/Flame Wall Spellslinger, I decided to give Discharge a shot, and boy, it does some pretty good damage on top of being tanky as all hell. Run in with 5-6 End. Charges, allahu ackbar and walk away, let them burn to death. Just got into white maps so not sure how far it will take me, just need to get some decent gear.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I think people have been sleeping on/not respecting the new Discharge especially with Chieftain. Since I was sort of toying with the idea of a Fireball/Flame Wall Spellslinger, I decided to give Discharge a shot, and boy, it does some pretty good damage on top of being tanky as all hell. Run in with 5-6 End. Charges, allahu ackbar and walk away, let them burn to death. Just got into white maps so not sure how far it will take me, just need to get some decent gear.
    I was thinking of adding it to Frenzy Raider, possibly as CWDT.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Well I'm out. The PS4 version crashes so much, it's pretty much unplayable. The last time it crashed so hard I had to actually unplug the console. They made a post on their forums saying they don't even known why it's crashing, because the crash reporting on PS4 isn't sending them any useful information. So they're just guessing at this point.

I did make it through 4 or 5 heists before I gave up, and it really isn't something that I find fun anyway. Well maybe next expansion, if they can figure their shit out.