Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1308878735916007424

Welp, right wingers heavily armed in their tacticool gear have shown up in Louisville.

Protesters have shields.

"Counter-protesters" have guns.

I wonder which one is there to incite violence?
    So many tweets and actually local reporters calling the militia. What a joke. It's armed intimidation.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Interestingly enough, in the Taylor case, they were scoping out her ex-boyfriend, who she hadn't been dating/living with for 2 years. A few things:

1) He was already arrested at the time of the raid.
    2) Breonna's address wasn't his address.
    3) They tried to offer him a plea which was contingent on him testifying under oath that Breonna was involved in his drug ring, which he refused to do. He took jail time instead.
    4) The warrant for Breonna's apartment is based on an unnamed postal delivery worker telling one of the detectives (s)he had personally delivered a package from the ex boyfriend to Breonna's apartment. To this date, that postal worker hasn't been brought forth. Furthermore, Breonna's ACTUAL postal delivery person, as well as the person cops usually coordinate these investigations with, both say the cops didn't ask them shit, and that they hadn't delivered any such packages. In other words, they made it up.
    5) 11 witnesses said they didn't hear the cops knock or announce themselves, despite the cops testifying that they knocked "several" times and announced themselves. What witnesses did hear was a single knock, followed almost immediately by the battering ram, which, guess what, is a favorite tactic of cops serving warrants so that suspects can't flush drugs and shit like that.
    6) Her actual boyfriend, who shot at the cops, clearly had no idea they were cops, as evidenced by his 9/11 call where he reported men coming in and shooting his girlfriend.
    7) the boyfriend, who was charged with a bunch of shit for shooting at the cops, had all the charges dropped because prosecutors know they couldn't prove he knew they were cops and shot anyways.

4) is enough to make the warrant a bad faith warrant, putting them on the hook for fucking murder when they broke into her apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He shot at them, because they didn't announce themselves. He thought they were breaking into his apartment.
    Sure goes against the 2nd Amendment people who claim guns are for home defense.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I finally did enough research about the Breonna Taylor case. Seems like an appropriate outcome

The main issue is why those types of raids are allowed more than anything, seems like its inviting for violent outcomes
    Finally coming out as an fascist, are we? Took you long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1308878735916007424

Welp, right wingers heavily armed in their tacticool gear have shown up in Louisville.

Protesters have shields.

"Counter-protesters" have guns.

I wonder which one is there to incite violence?
    Shields are very deadly, so i'm sure the cops will be sure to arrest all of them unlike those gun-wielding, god-fearing good white folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So many tweets and actually local reporters calling the militia. What a joke. It's armed intimidation.
    It is the definition of terrorism.

We deserve what ever negativity that comes from this as a country.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the police did not announce themselves and he rightfully thought there was someone trying to break in. It's negligence, followed by a determined effort to cover up what happened on the part of police, including trying to get Traylor's ex-boyfriend to implicate her in crimes she had no involvement in.

That's a rotten police department from top to bottom.

The other issue being that there's no accountability when "mistakes" like this lead to innocent people being killed.
    They did announce themselves. This is a lie made up by activists that want mob justice with mob facts. Witnesses collaborated that the police announced and knocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    They did announce themselves. This is a lie made up by activists that want mob justice with mob facts. Witnesses collaborated that the police announced and knocked.
    They could have emailed, called, and sent smoke signals.....they killed an innocent woman and tried to frame her after the fact.

There is no defending this without getting its evil stench all over you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

ONE WITNESS SAID THEY DID AND ELEVEN said they didn't

Also "no knock warrant" why are they suddenly knocking? Why were there no cameras? why did they say there were no cameras but then it turns out there was a camera Why did the officers render no aid to herWHY DID THE OFFICERS LIE ON THE POLICE REPORT?

Why did the officers OFFER TO GO EASY ON THE BOYFRIEND IF HE SAID BREONNA TAYLOR WAS INVOLVED IN A CRIME.

If you take one witness you must take them all. But hey you support fascism and genocide, and murder, and racism and injustice. So why would you give a fuck?

What about the fact that THE POSTMASTER refuted their original reason they gave for the warrant? What happened to the mysterious other postmaster not from kentucky that found something the postmaster from Kentucky didn't and didn't know. Where is that fantastical postmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Indeed, time for people to pay for their mistakes, so these don’t happen again. I get worse punishment for being late to work 3 times...
    Meh the officer in question will prob spend 15 years in prison if those charges for endangerment follow through. So there is that

So claims the police who conveniently had their body cams turned off while multiple witnesses say there was no knock or announcement.

He shot at them, because they didn't announce themselves.
    This isnt a settled fact. So not sure why you or @Edge are trying to act like it is.

They did announce themselves.
    They say that. Problem is none of them had body cameras on to actually VERIFY their claim that they announced themselves. And in context with their attempts to cover up what happened, I see no reason to believe them on that claim when they've lied after the fact.

Witnesses collaborated that the police announced and knocked.
    Cameron said the investigation uncovered one witness who heard the detectives identify themselves, disputing earlier reports that a “no-knock” warrant was being served. However, Taylor family attorneys have disputed this, and police were not wearing body cameras.
    One witness. Again, too bad the cops weren't wearing body cameras. And again, if they're gonna lie after the fact in their police reports, why should we believe anything they say?

This isnt a settled fact. So not sure why you or @Edge are trying to act like it is.
    Why?

The AG took a single witness account as settled fact there are eleven other witnesses who say they did not and furthermore why would they knock and announce themselves in what they called a no knock warrant, although then they changed it to a "search warrant" but searches at 12:30 you gotta be fucking kidding me, it is clear they're lying.

In fact we know they lie because they lied on the police report also they asked the boyfriend to say that Breonna committed a crime and then they'd go soft on him. They said there were no cameras there, yet photos surfaced after where ONE OFFICER IS CLEARLY WEARING A CAMERA Why wasn't that camera on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    So claims the police who conveniently had their body cams turned off while multiple witnesses say there was no knock or announcement.
    But police never lie:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Your arguments often follow a depressingly familiar pattern:

1. Assert something you know I’m going to disagree with - in this case your characterization of the two sides.

2. Use that assertion as the basis for the rest of your post - which I don’t read because why bother reading something based on a premise I don’t accept?

That said, once I skipped that paragraph I read your second. The people creating media and deciding what appears on everyone’s Facebook feed realized that people click on things that get them fired up, and balances, thoughtful explorations of complex issues don’t do that. Instead people click on “its all the cops’ fault!” or “look at what those immigrants have done!” It’s people who are tired at night and want to find a scapegoat.
    You disagree that gay black transgender rights is not a "two sides issue"??? So you think therefore that there is a good reason to be bigoted and not treat us as equal.... ergo; you're expressing bigoted ideas. Don't be shocked or surprised when people call you racist, or bigoted since you here are giving an argument that is straight up bigoted.

Since everything is a two sides issue...

Tell me why I should be a slave, and why I shouldn't be allowed to get married, and why it is okay for me to be turned down from say... getting on a bus because I'm gay. What is the "two sides" to this. I'd love to hear it.

Yeah, no they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, going to go with the other witnesses over one guy, that thinks they announced themselves. I will also go with the boyfriend that was inside the house and would know if they announced themselves.

Yeah, no they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, going to go with the other witnesses over one guy, that thinks they announced themselves. I will also go with the boyfriend that was inside the house and would know if they announced themselves.
    And the eleven other people who didn't hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    And now we’ve got Themius twisting things more... this is exhausting. I disagree that the two sides can be characterized that way when we’re talking about subjects like the Rittenhouse shooting.

Obviously, when it comes to a gay right like “can gays get married” that’s a binary issue (which I’m in favor of) but that’s not what we’re talking about right now at all.

Stop looking for pathways to get outraged. It’s exhausting trying to get you back on track. Rittenhouse and his victims are neither gay, black, or transgender. I mean, what the hell man.
    I'm not twisting shit, you've said the shit in your thousands of posts.

Rittenhouse victims however were there fighting for the rights of black people... while Rittenhouse was there with a racist militia being thanked and given water by racist cops

You know that white allies of black people fighting for civil rights were also lynched right?

Do you have a source on this? Cause everything I've read says otherwise. At most, witnesses heard a knock.