Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Conflict is the fabric of all existence, as much in Azeroth as in the real world because without conflict, there is no action, and without action, there is no existence.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Did it? According to what? Does it justify the consumption of worlds and targeting, torturing, and corrupting of unborn titans?
    It is war. There are no rules to war. Why do you think there are rules? Usually war involves both sides doing horrible things, and then the winner covering up or downplaying the horrible things they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Lore expands, that's mandatory for all fiction stories that aren't finished yet. You seem to be mad about this fact, though, considering your language.
    People want stories told within the current lore. They don't want JJ Abrams style of mystery boxes constantly pushing to expand the lore because that is boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    It is war. There are no rules to war. Why do you think there are rules? Usually war involves both sides doing horrible things, and then the winner covering up or downplaying the horrible things they did.
    What war? As far as I can tell, you've theorized that the Void Lords are neutral entities that came under assault from "3-4 other cosmic forces" and this is the entire basis for your argument despite there being nothing to support it. What's the point in having a discussion in which the lore is disregarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    Is 'Reality' Just a huge cosmic wrestling ring?

If the whole universe is just forces constantly battling each other for dominance does that mean our 'Reality' is just a massive wrestling ring where they can fight it out?

How else could you explain having a planet full of Life, Undead, Void, Light, Demon and Titans?

Azeroth is pretty much full of these products of these realms trying to kill each other.
    It's almost like reality is just this world... of... warcraft!

Seriously though, I'm all in with making the WAR in Warcraft the cosmic war. It's a cyclical perpetuity that the game needs to secure its future IMO, and everything points to that being exactly where we're going and why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What war? As far as I can tell, you've theorized that the Void Lords are neutral entities that came under assault from "3-4 other cosmic forces" and this is the entire basis for your argument despite there being nothing to support it. What's the point in having a discussion in which the lore is disregarded?
    Moral relativism seems to be a fetish for him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    For a moment I thought you were talking about real life, there.

And it still would have applied, all things considered
    That's why they ran with the Shadowlands story, @Mutley29 but it's all a lie! Pure fiction don't let it lead you to some weird philosophy, if you wnat ot understand reality, there hs been millennia of information and thought, and the truth about it has been around for a long time. It's not in Shadowlands which is someone's fantasy thought of what it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    It's cosmic wrestling, just because WoW developers need reasons for players to mindless attack and fight each other.

Our real reality (the most logical one) does not resembles anything like this. They have been overusing these concepts many times, in fact, I bet that they going to reuse this construct for Starcraft.

They already have it for Diablo. Angels vs Demons, eternal fight.
    At least Diablo makes some sense. Wow's cosmic forces feel so... illogical? Take the undead for example, they're created by necromantic (death) magic, So it'd make sense if they could be seriously harmed by nature (life) magic, as it is the complete opposite of necromancy. But that's not the case, the undeath are harmed by light magic instead, even though it's light is not the opposite of death magic.

Am I overthinking it too much? I feel like I am.

I think cosmic wrestling ring is exactly what it is.

'Reality' on the cosmic order chart is in the middle of all forces and I think was put there on purpose. Reality exists where all those forces keep a balance and only there. There's two adjacent realms that are also not really part of the outer layers and that's the Emerald Dream and the Shadowlands, those seem kind of like another layer with one leaning more towards life and one towards death, but still keeping a balance between them, because they are connected to reality and as such, have to have balance. In their case not within the realm itself, but balancing each other out. I do not think the Shadowlands are really already the realm of 'pure' death, that is still one step further (maybe that's where the Maw leads). They are the death-iest reality can get, kind of. In the Shadowlands there's still some light, some order, some disorder, some void, even some very little life. Its balance is just tipped towards death. Same goes for the Emerald Dream, but with life.
    Shadowlands and Emerald Dream form another balanced system, with reality at their center.

But those big outer forces seem to not be content with just watching reality and having to share it and thus try to gain dominance over it (even if it means that destroys reality).
    So the only thing that should actually concern the inhabitants of 'reality' is the balance. No matter who endangers it, that is the enemy of the moment. The others can be allies for that time, but our only real concern should be balance and the alliances with the outer forces cannot last forever. This is a simply about surviving. We give up balance, we all die.
    Everybody who helps us maintain balance is our ally, who threatens it, is our enemy.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    At least Diablo makes some sense. Wow's cosmic forces feel so... illogical? Take the undead for example, they're created by necromantic (death) magic, So it'd make sense if they could be seriously harmed by nature (life) magic, as it is the complete opposite of necromancy. But that's not the case, the undeath are harmed by light magic instead, even though it's light is not the opposite of death magic.

Am I overthinking it too much? I feel like I am.
    I think that is because those actual opposing forces are kind of the same side of the coin. They ... cancel each other out, but they don't 'corrupt' or actually harm each other in a cosmic sense. We saw that best with void and light, which we have seen turn from one to the other several times. But it does usually take some time where you see nothing at all change. Remember how long M'uru was drained for example and it always looked the same, until it turned in a heartbeat. Remember how long D'ore had to be 'fed' and stayed void until it suddenly turned back to light.
    And I mean living turn into dead all the time and it seems if you pour enough anima into the dead they turn into living again (as seen in Ardenweald)

I do think the specific case of undead has to do with the special status of 'reality' and its balance. Everything there consists of balanced out forces. Undead have a little more death than life, but they are not dead-dead, so they are still somewhat alive. Living have more life than death, but they are still dying from the moment they are born (ageing). Undead contain more of the Decay element, Living more of the Spirit. But they still both contain a little of the other one too.
    And force-feeding anything a power can harm the being. Forcefully pouring light into anything upsets its balance and harms it, living and undead alike... and as we saw in the cinematic, the dead too. Same with all the other forces. Too much of anything in a short amount of time and it does harm.
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2020-09-24 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post

- - - Updated - - -

People want stories told within the current lore. They don't want JJ Abrams style of mystery boxes constantly pushing to expand the lore because that is boring as hell.
    Thank you for taking what you want and conflating it with that "the people" want in a distracting attempt to discredit the lore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.