Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Do you have a source on this? Cause everything I've read says otherwise. At most, witnesses heard a knock.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ging-decision/

Cameron said the investigation uncovered one witness who heard the detectives identify themselves, disputing earlier reports that a “no-knock” warrant was being served. However, Taylor family attorneys have disputed this, and police were not wearing body cameras.
    One witness, so it remains pretty sketchy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’ve said that I’m opposed to equal rights for gays, blacks, and transgender people?

Find one post where I’ve said that. That is categorically untrue and insulting.
    Oh take your concern elsewhere. As if you're fucking insulted, the fuck you are. You are not insulted because you know exactly what you have said and the views you've held and expressed. Take your fake feelings elsewhere.

Note that my post wasn't you're opposed, it was more like... you don't really give a fuck and try to two side it and ergo, that itself is a bigoted argument. Keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is exhausting.
    I would suggest some cardio training to improve your endurance.

Though perhaps consult a physician beforehand. Being exhausted by a few minutes of typing is worrisome.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But police never lie:

I hate when pessimism gets to me, and maybe I'm just venting a little, but I at the point where the struggle is simply eternal. I don't know, don't want to know, what kind of sacrifice would be made for this country to actually turn around. The history is long, documented, and frequent. It's been more than 100 years since slave catchers were supposed to outlaw and yet they still exist in the institution that's supposed to protect and serve. Cameras are everywhere now. People have been suffering, documenting, and protesting injustice for a decade - the incidents have been no less grave or explicit. And still its all excused, the victims desecrated, outcries ignored. You can't just say the police have all the power and thats how they get away with it, its American culture that exonerates them in their actions, the way Americans vote, they way they react, what they choose to praise and pay attention to, and what they ignore.

The struggle is long and hard.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He shot at them, because they didn't announce themselves. He thought they were breaking into his apartment.
    I mean, they did break into his apartment. That's an understood fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Your arguments often follow a depressingly familiar pattern:

1. Assert something you know I’m going to disagree with - in this case your characterization of the two sides.
    You haven't established that my characterization was in any way unfair. You just complained that I characterized it that way.

Given that I don't see how my characterization is anything but exactly accurate and fair, it just seems like you're trying to cast doubt on the facts because those facts are uncomfortable truths that you don't want to admit, either to this (or any) audience, or perhaps, even to yourself.

That said, once I skipped that paragraph I read your second. The people creating media and deciding what appears on everyone’s Facebook feed realized that people click on things that get them fired up, and balances, thoughtful explorations of complex issues don’t do that. Instead people click on “its all the cops’ fault!” or “look at what those immigrants have done!” It’s people who are tired at night and want to find a scapegoat.
    Some of us basically don't use social media, at all. My Facebook is strictly work-related and I check it maybe once a month, really. Same for LinkedIn. I use Reddit, but pretty much solely for gaming, either video games or D&D. I watch some Youtubers, but mostly video essayists dealing with game design or D&D, or more often, essayists discussing film or literature theory or critique (and the latter in a manner distinct from "criticism"; I don't watch "THIS WAS REAL BAD, 5-MINUTE HATE GO" type nonsense).

My participation here is most of my "social media" interaction, really.

You're the one trying to create the scapegoat, here; your argument on this is literally trying to scapegoat social media, so that radicals don't have to take personal responsibility for their own bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, at this point, "safe" means "arm yourself so you can defend against police brutality".

Which is insane, but that's where the Kentucky AG wants to take everything, apparently.

The police either exist to protect and serve their community, or they're an active threat to that community, and that community will respond accordingly.

Which isn't me encouraging violence. I'm just pointing out it's where these policies inevitably lead. Police jackboots stepping on the necks of the people, until the people rise up against them. The alternative, which the AG's discarded (and many others, in other jurisdictions), is that you hold cops accountable for their crimes rather than defending them. Apparently, that's unacceptable.
    As a minority in the US you have the right and own and use a gun to protect yourself...but only on paper.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Once you’ve calmed down I would like an apology.
    This here proves that you are making a joke of this entire situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you’ve calmed down I would like an apology.
    I'm sorry that you carry water for fascists and their facile supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yet it's the "violent left" that's the problem. Their bodies keep damaging the bullets that run through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is what we get when we have European and Midwestern/Southern agitators doing nothing but posting on social media about how violent the 'riots' are. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I hate when pessimism gets to me, and maybe I'm just venting a little, but I at the point where the struggle is simply eternal. I don't know, don't want to know, what kind of sacrifice would be made for this country to actually turn around. The history is long, documented, and frequent. It's been more than 100 years since slave catchers were supposed to outlaw and yet they still exist in the institution that's supposed to protect and serve. Cameras are everywhere now. People have been suffering, documenting, and protesting injustice for a decade - the incidents have been no less grave or explicit. And still its all excused, the victims desecrated, outcries ignored. You can't just say the police have all the power and thats how they get away with it, its American culture that exonerates them in their actions, the way Americans vote, they way they react, what they choose to praise and pay attention to, and what they ignore.

The struggle is long and hard.
    Yea, your right.

But its even bigger than just the racial issues, every American problem, every thing going wrong , both the why and the why any attempt to move in the right direction is blocked always circles back to the American culture.

Even things you wouldn't think connected like American foreign policy and why hearts and minds failed in Iraq.

You have 300 years of American culture to unpick and re build, a culture built at its core on the idea of white American dominance of first the north American continent and later the globe, thats not gonna be a quick and easy task, and you dont have the luxury of the hells of trench warfare to make your people question the foundational beliefs there instilled with from day one in school to give you a jump start on that road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, this is what we get when we have European and Midwestern/Southern agitators doing nothing but posting on social media about how violent the 'riots' are. Go figure.
    To be fair, just seeing a gun is a violent shock to us.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two police officers have been shot in Louisville amid the protests, though they're in stable condition and expected to make a full recovery. Suspect has been apprehended.

Twitter Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dh...ctr=1600917015

So this is the hot new video that's making the rounds lately on media, social media and such. Really shows the point that the night in question wasn't just peaceful protests.

(related to Kyle Rittenhouse)
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post

So this is the hot new video that's making the rounds lately on media, social media and such. Really shows the point that the night in question wasn't just peaceful protests.

People like you are a video editor's wet dream.

Literally first I've ever heard of it, so it can't be doing too many rounds.

Not very good either so far.

You mean the heavily edited video that implies Rittenhouse was robocop and knew the crimes of everyone he shot dead?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    People like you are a video editor's wet dream.
    uh no, the ones who think the protests are all peaceful and eat the media's narrative up with a knife and fork are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You mean the heavily edited video that implies Rittenhouse was robocop and knew the crimes of everyone he shot dead?
    Yeah, the same video that shows a convicted sex offender peacefully charging after a minor
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

where did you find this video lol

fightback twitter looks like a fundraiser by kyles lawyer lin wood (and some Qanon stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    where did you find this video lol

fightback twitter looks like a fundraiser by kyles lawyer lin wood (and some Qanon stuff)
    it basically is.